Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

^^^

Can you see Universal Serial Bus controllers in you device manager ?

is there any yellow exclamatory mark on any device saying USB ?

Also check your bios setting for USB.

In BIOS i couldnt find any option for USB setting. And under Universal Serial Bus controllers in Device Managers yellow exclamatory marks are shown. I uninstalled the driver and when i restarted it shows the same.

^^^

In BIOS i couldnt find any option for USB setting. And under Universal Serial Bus controllers in Device Managers yellow exclamatory marks are shown. I uninstalled the driver and when i restarted it shows the same.

In device manger USB controllers are shown with Exclamatory mark so no need to go in to bios,

just install chipset drivers of you main boad and it will work.

but if you have add on pci usb card then just remove and reinstall the card physically, and then install drivers for same.

^^^

In device manger USB controllers are shown with Exclamatory mark so no need to go in to bios,

just install chipset drivers of you main boad and it will work.

but if you have add on pci usb card then just remove and reinstall the card physically, and then install drivers for same.

mine is acer laptop..so will that do ?

^^^

add me to gtalk, cant explain everything here, it can be too long

I am getting this error while activating, can you tell me where I am going wrong.

post-18348-126742596833_thumb.png

Free ride is over!

windows-7-rc1-teaser,Z-D-209929-1.png

If for some reason you're still running Windows 7 Release Candidate (build 7100), today is the day that you'll to see bi-hourly shutdowns. The RC was released in May 2009 as a final public test before Microsoft finalized the Windows 7 RTM build in July 2009.

While Windows 7 RC has been free to use without restrictions since its release, Microsoft made it no secret that March 1 would be the last day that users could continue the free ride. Users who haven't heeded the regular pop-up warnings of the RC's expiration, encouraging backup of data in preparation of migration to another version of Windows, will now experience a shutdown every two hours.

Those who continue to work through the shutdowns every two hours will see on June 1 a shift to a "non-genuine experience," which replaces the backdrop wallpaper with the message "This copy of Windows is not genuine" plastered at the lower right corner of the desktop.

Chew-WGA 0.9 – The Windows 7 Patch:

===================================

Chew-WGA was designed to test the security resistance of various software protections built into Windows 6.1.x operating systems, and is intended for educational purposes only. It works by making certain changes to the software protection platform and the multilingual user interface resources. This utility should never be executed on a system intended for continual use. If you want to use your copy of Windows continually, you are required to purchase a license.

Features:

=========

* All-language compatibility

* Works on Windows 7 all versions

* Compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit file-systems

* No master boot record fiddling

* No risk of PC bricking

* Very reliable patching mechanism

* Windows updates work

* Doesn’t use any keys

* Full uninstaller included

* Solid, clean, efficient coding

* Tamper resistant (protect by CGA – Chew Genuine Advantage seal)

* Hotfix resistant

* The most reliable chew-wga version yet

For more information read the instructions..

• Like 1

Thanks Hitesh for your help .

+1 for you .

One can still use windows for trial upto 120 days by using

slmgr -rearm in the cmd

It extends the trial by 30 days and u can use it 04 times

thats 100 % legal way to continuing it.

^^^

this is only for normal version, this trick will not work on build 7100 which is going to expire soon (1 june)

Windows 7: Over 90 Million Served.

Ballmer-Sinofsky-Windows,6-W-217976-13.png

Even when Windows 7 launched into a warm reception (and brisk sales), Microsoft didn't reveal exact sale numbers for its new OS – until today.

Microsoft CFO Peter Klein announced at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference that Windows 7 has sold 90 million licenses to-date.

Up until recently, Microsoft's company line when boasting about Windows 7 sales is that is the fastest selling operating system in history, but without any accompanying number.

This news comes just days after the expiration of the free use of Windows 7 Release Candidate.

Source : Tom's Hardware US

Windows 7 is harder to hack than Apple's Snow Leopard--mainly due to Flash being installed by default on SL.

hacker,R-3-227775-1.jpg

Security expert Charlie Miller has participated in the Pwn2Own contest over the last two years, and has won both times. Held in the CansecWest Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the contest challenges contestants to find "big bugs" in web browsers, operating systems, and even in mobile devices. With the 2010 conference just around the corner (March 24), oneITsecurity conducted an interview with the champ and asked Miller which was harder to crack: Windows 7 or Snow Leopard?

"Windows 7 is slightly more difficult because it has full ASLR (address space layout randomization) and a smaller attack surface (for example, no Java or Flash by default)," he said. "Windows used to be much harder because it had full ASLR and DEP (data execution prevention). But recently, a talk at Black Hat DC showed how to get around these protections in a browser in Windows."

He also added that a safe browsing combination would be to use Chrome or Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7, however he said that there isn't enough difference between the two browsers to "get worked up about." But he did emphasize that Flash not be installed no matter what browser or OS is used by the consumer.

The interview also covered exploits on game consoles. As the interviewer points out, the devices are in our living rooms, in our dens and offices, yet there are still few exploits and vulnerabilities discovered. Why aren't security researchers working on finding exploits on these devices? Because there are more PCs, and game consoles don't need to be connected to the Internet.

"I’ve had Wii for a year or so and its never been on the Internet," Miller said. "Its hard to remotely attack the box when you can’t get packets to it :) Also, computers, and phones to a lesser extent, are designed to be customized, to download and use/render content from the Internet. This is where vulnerabilities exist and exploits are created. Game consoles don’t do this as much so the attack surface is much smaller. The final reason, is it is hard to do research on them. Its not easy to get a debugger running on an Xbox, for example."

To catch the full interview, head here.

Source : Tom's Hardware US

@ Hitesh123

Update kb971033 is out it is new Activation supposed to disable previous hacks and loaders;

what has to be done - i have not yet installed it - using WIn 7 Ultimate 64 bit

thanks n adv

Edited by Genius

@ Hitesh123

Update kb971033 is out it is new Activation supposed to disable previous hacks and loaders;

what has to be done - i have not yet installed it - using WIn 7 Ultimate 64 bit

thanks n adv

Hey Just Ignore it and never install it ...... I am using Build 7600 with sucessfull OEM activation :) Microsoft this time is taking Big steps to cure for illegal activations...

I have myself re-installed my windows 7 Build 7600 3times becoz activators available on net made windows 7 Build 7600 evaluation version with expiry in march 10,..But now i have installed successfully as OEM series..

Simply ignore this March 2010 Update and never install it..

• Like 1

I have not installed it and ignored it it should help - thanks to both of you

@Hitesh

Thanks to you and the latest loader... counting days till it gets blocked... LOL... good job... keep it up...

Had to reload W7 twice... upgraded over RC... all settings and programs back.... I hv also hidden the 971033 update and set updates to be first approved by me before downloading...

^^^

Also thanks to Vikas Mahajan for uploading it !

• Like 1

^

Oh, I didnt know that... In that case, thanks to Vikas also... +1...

^^^^^^^

Both of u Dhiraj And Hitesh are welcomed :)winko.gif

^^ after ignoring it today also my PC updated one patch and ther were 4 for office 2007 - restarted and its working fine, Alll iz well- till now

Report: Windows 7 SP1 Release Pushed to Q4'10

Waiting for SP1 before jumping to Windows 7? It could still happen this year.

windows-7-sp1,U-N-229199-1.png

Now that Windows 7 has settled in inside consumer homes after the considerable marketing push from retail, attention is turning to Microsoft's next step in development – the first Service Pack.

Just to be extra safe, many IT professionals prefer to wait until at least the first Service Pack for a Windows version before implementing a new version of the OS into their departments. The reason is that the first massive wave of users will already have hit the OS to clear out any possible bugs and compatibility issues.

According to source of TechARP, Microsoft initially planned a 22-month development period for Windows 7 SP1 but is now looking to bump that up to a release sometime within 2010.

We've heard from various other sources that the updated target for SP1 is sometime this summer or fall, the TechARP's sources point to the last (presumably calendar) quarter of 2010. Such a release would put Windows 7's first service pack on a similar RTM-to-SP1 schedule that Windows XP and Windows Vista had.

While Microsoft hasn't detailed exactly what SP1 will bring, many expect it just to be a massive collection of the incremental patches and updates that are already presently available from Windows Update.

8:30 PM - March 9, 2010 by Marcus Yam - source: Tom's Hardware US