Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhay

Bsnl Launched Broadband Service Data One!

dude 1) all dial up offer public ip's

2) hell yeah they can . reliance can offer public ips too all their coustomers as they have been doing with powersurfer

3) and the most imp yeah u are right some one like reliance shoudl come up with a scheme in which there ought to be a broadband revolution (in other words they should shut the f*!@# them outta broadband buissness.)

what the hell do they think by providing a 1 gb download limit. :confuse:

abhay, yes, dial up do provide public ips. But even they can use NATing. Its not difficult. The only difference between a dial up connection and an ethernet connection is that you use a different infrastructure to connect to the server. But once you're connected to the server, they can do whatever they want, including NAT you ;) . And buying out public IPs is a costly affair. Reliance is capable of giving us all a unique public ip BUT then they will increase their costs. Remember what happened to DAPO customers....

Dude, a 1GB limit is decent. But what do you think of a 200MB limit per month on a 512Kbps connection? Hathway had the guts to do that :wacko:

all dudes out there, stop dreaming about unlimited downloads.... All isp are charged on the basis of data transfer when they connect to other gateways, so ISPs have no option but to put a cap on the download limit.

Atleast thats the situation now

all dudes out there, stop dreaming about unlimited downloads.... All isp are charged on the basis of data transfer when they connect to other gateways, so ISPs have no option but to put a cap on the download limit.

23934[/snapback]

NO! ISP's are NOT charged by the data transfer ;)

yes ISPs are not being charged on the basis of data transferred.. The same is the case if you go for a leased line internet connection.

You get it without any download limits... But ofcourse very costly.

1gb data transfer speed for b'band is nothing. it will be over if one uses it for 30 min. a day for a month. i used freedom plan for three days for three hours a day and i used 65mb data transfer for normal browsing.and i disconnected that fredom plan.its not at all freedom.same is with 1gb limit of bsnl. u will be killed if u exceed 1000mb more than limit

middle finger to BSNL

23967[/snapback]

yeah! MF to all "broad" band ISPs

23968[/snapback]

I did a good thing to stick to Hathway Freeway plan. At 995/- per month @128 kbps, I crossed 20 GB last month and already 10 GB this month. Not a minute of downtime. ( I always get not less than 100 kbps). I will stick to this scheme.

BSNL really took everybody for a ride.

The HATHWAY Plan really does look good.

Hope Asianet increases their speed from 64kbps to 128kbps in Kerala.

23934[/snapback]

I dont know who put crap into your brains, well actually its obvious - these SO CALLED INDIAN BROADBAND ISPS....

NO ISP IS CHARGED ON THE BASIS OF VOLUME BUT *******ONLY******* ON THE BASIS OF THE BANDWIDTH(THATS THE NETWORK SPEED LIKE 1Gbps or 100Mbps)

Get that CLEAR! Tell it to your friends. Tell it to EVERYONE. WE, THE INDIAN CONSUMERS, SHALL NOT BE SWINDLED BY SUCH PATHETIC BROADBAND COMPANIES!! :P

Kartikeya, I am NOT angry at you. I am angry at those basta*ds who cheat the poor innocent, unknowing consumers :help:

Linux guy is right, one of my frnd co has 1MBPS connection, paying 45K PM, they do not talk about data transfer, just speed and minimum guranteed speed. companies are just fooling customers.

Infact Indian companies are so poorly equipped that if every one starts exploiting connection, they will crash doe to congestion. There are no standards or minimum quality of services standards adopted by telcos.

How many days in a month we all get services which are consistent? Have been using net since more than 8 or 9 years. when dial up was costing 25k for 500 hrs.

I have not seen any ISP's connection working 30 days in a month consistenly, they will pass buck from telecom companies to gateways to cable connectivity providers. Its all bull ****. They just want money, else do you really think 115 KBPS / 256 KBPS is broadband?

Remember 230 KBPS / 115 KBPS CDMA standards? or any one knows 46 KBPS GPRS or 96-156 KBPS EDGE? even if CDMA gives authentic speed of 115 kBPS then it can compete well with so called broad bands.

I think we are all getting betrayed. And these ISPs are playing cheap games with us.

Ne way somebody toldme Rel BB is starting in end of Jan. Is tat true? Nebody knows!

I think the datacap is to manage all the connections with a limited speed of broadband.

For example say if the isp is having 1mbps and he can give 8 connections of 128 kbs theoritically. But he will end up giving more connections say 16 and will put a datacap due to which subscriber will not use it that regularly, which will result in almost consistent speed to all subscribers.

Suppose if there is no datacap then though the connection is of speed 128 kbps the subscriber will experience a lower speed as all the user would be using.

This way the isp is getting double of what he actually has to get.

TRAI should have had some thing on datacap as well in broadband policy.

The World's only TeleService without any Customer Care is the BSNL (FixedLines/DOT)

Don't try to BSNL BroadBand. Wait for some time, the Private sectors Like Reliance will introduce the Best Plans on their Broadband. And i think TRAI cannot try to control the private sectors on Broadband Tariff. :angry:

dude, in today's & yday's Hindu ad about DATAONE, it says NO d/l limit (UNTIL JUNE 30th)for ppl who "join" b4 31, march...at the bottom called "early bird bonanza"

fineprint... whats the catch ?

You guys right, I talk to the BSNL CC @ 1500 then the person said, Sir there is no unlimited download scheme offered by BSNL. But when i say regarding advertisement, then he said may be misprint.

Today BSNL launches broadband many cities. Anyone of you tried the speed.

hmmm, I wonder BSNL customer care is like Reliance's !

This is what their announcement says...

"BSNL would not be levying additional usage charges for data transfer (Rs per MB) up to June 30, 2005. This incentive is only for those customers who join the service before March 31, 2005"

:confuse: interesting right....

lets wait and hear from the early birds or early worms or whoever ;)

Vivek are you really going to believe a company(i.e. Reliance) after it has cheated its DAPO customers and not its FWP customers?!

Yes. It is also risk. But Now I Like Reliance Services, and believe they didn't do anythink.

15/01/05 08:30:26

BSNL, MTNL launch broadband

MUMBAI: Bharat Sanchar Nigam (BSNL) and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam (MTNL) have invested about Rs 700 crore for their broadband project that was flagged off today across Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Karnataka.

While BSNL is investing around Rs 600 crore, MTNL has coughed up about Rs 84 crore. MTNL has planned a capacity of 3.5 lakh lines, initially across both Mumbai and Delhi, which will eventually be scaled up to 10m. BSNL proposes to provide the service across 198 cities.

India is only the second country to launch broadband services using the latest technology called ADSL (Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line) soon after it was launched in the US.

Referring to the technology, minister for IT and communications Dayanidhi Maran, who launched the service in Chennai today said, "We may have come late, but we have come with the latest technology."

In Mumbai, the service is initially being provided in four exchanges - Cooperage, Prabhadevi, Bandra-Kurla Complex and Bandra. "It will be rolled out across all exchanges by April-end," said Kuldeep Goyal, executive director, MTNL.

Initially, it will provide only voice and internet services, but it plans to provide video services shortly, whereby subscribers will have access to television channels and other video services like movies and gaming. The telcos are planning to tie-up with content providers for the video services.

The cheapest available plan, DSL 399 (priced at Rs 399) provides a bandwidth capacity of 256 kbps, allowing for monthly downloads worth 400 MB (in capacity terms).

Users wanting to access services over and above this limit would be charged Rs 1.20 per MB of downloaded. The most expensive plan will be the premium service with free monthly downloads of 60 GB on a 2 MB thick broadband pipe.

This one will cost Rs 42,999 and is designed for small office, home office users and mid-sized companies.

While speaking about the need for regional content, Mr Maran said, "Global desktop software vendor Microsoft has committed to launching versions of the Windows operating system and Office XP in regional languages to improve the accessibility of internet services."

Source: The Economic Times

Hey guys am planning to take MTNLs triband night unlimited plan, now someone please answer my queries.

1) I got Wi Fi enabled laptop, can i use triband wirelessle.

2) do i need to buy some kinda router or wireless router for that.

3) modem/router provided by mtnl is good enough or i should buy from outside??

4) Do they really give good speed of 256kbps??

5) Is it relyable enough like R-connects uptime??

You will need a WiFi access point. There are two options 1) either you get a WiFi enabled DSL Router - BSNL has started to offer one Check here - if possible go for Type - IV modem, maybe MTNL has started too. Or 2) attach a wireless access point to the DSL Modem/Router offered by MTNL.