Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
lokesh009

Looking For Cdma & Gsm Dual Sim Handset

Hi.

I am looking for GSM(Airtel) & CDMA(Reliance) handset.

Price no constraint.

I have seen Micromax site, Karbon mobile..

Still lot of confusion.

Please guide..

Pour in all the option or link of handset which suits my requirement.

Thank in advance! :)

dude if u r luking for a b-grade phone like karbonn or micromax, then I suggest u hv a luk at KC 555 from Karbonn. I am using tht phone personally & I must say I m impressed with its luks specially & the other feature called Flexi Sim wherein I can use a GSM-CDMA or a GSM-GSM combination in the phone as per my need & wish.. :Chulo::Chulo::Contento::Contento:

u can also luk at this phone called 5030 from Intex which is a 3-sim phone. Although personally I can't understand hw can a 3 sim phone last on a small battery of 1050 mAh :NO:

In case of branded phones, u can surely luk at the new samsung DuoS which retails for arnd 6.5k depending on city to city. this phone from samsung has decent luks along with pretty impressive features & as is GSM-CDMA dual sim. :):SI:

Rest just wait on to get more views from other rimwebIIAN's.. :SI:

Edited by gulshan_sawhney

lot of option availble, choose which suite u/like u

Hi.

Price no constraint.

Still lot of confusion.

Please guide..

IF YOU WAN'T BRANDED HANDSET & HAVE BUDGET ARROUND 6K THEN GO FOR SAMSUNG

I suggest you to try the lephone a3. I have it and it is a wonderful set, with all three sims ( 2 G + C ) working at same time. The voice clarity is also pretty decent.

u can try the samsung duos which is around 6.5 K. Since it is samsung, u can expect some life. However the manual says internet can be accessed only in GSM. so, if CDMA is only for voice, you can surely go for this handset. pls go through the manual before purchasing.

However, the battery standby time for all dual sim handsets will be less..around 2 days, though you can expect decent talk time

Hi.

Price no constraint.

Still lot of confusion.

Please guide..

Dear Friend

Do not go for Chienese sets go for Samsung 259 at around 6500 Its cost is almost equals to chinese

also samsung SCH-W619 will be best in branded !

^^^ Is that Dual ?

Only heard of W259, W299 & 2On being Dual phones supporting Reliance..

Else, Maybe OMH - the new ones coming out have no trail.

^

Its the company's name of 2ON!

You could also choose Spice D-1111

Only + point is its a CDMA+GSM Windows Phone!

Edited by sumitvrma

^^^ Sorry didn't realize, SCH-W619 is the same as 2On..

And its model number, not company name !

following are dual sim (GSM + CDMA) handsets from Karbonn :

KC 555

KC 441

KC 750.

i havent used any of them, so dont know how they work...

My Bad! take it as a typo!

Edited by sumitvrma

Hmm good long post, will be helpful !

+1 for writing so long personal review

i had purchased Karbonn KC 750, GSM/CDMA dual phone for Rs 5100/- and i have used it for a week now. presenting a detailed review .

to see specs of this set, follow this link

http://www.karbonnmobiles.com/kc750.htm?spec

1. externally, the phone is nice looking but a bit bulky compared to slimmer models available now. The phone is comfortable to hold but the camera key situated on right border lower side often gets pressed as it juts out of the body. So if phone is unlocked, often u end up unknowingly clicking dark blurry pictures that u have to later delete. the camera key is not very responsive. U have to press it for 2 sec for the camera to get activated.

2. The keypad is cramped and u need time to get used. Especially the * and # key are slightly inside the curve of the body so u often end up clicking the digits above them. The centre key opens the menu in unlocked state but for unlocking, u need to press left soft key and *. The left soft key is sandwiched between the raised CDMA call key and the lower edge of the screen so often it has to be pressed by nail rather than ball of the thumb. Not an easy job to do!

3. The corresponding raised key of right side is one touch FM and just above, the right soft key opens the phone book. Again u end up switching on the FM radio instead of phonebook.

4. Radio reception indoors is not that good but they have provided a retractable antenna on the right lower edge of the phone. Mind you, the antenna is very flimsy and might twist or break if too much pressure is applied. On the first look it looks as if there is a stick there until u remember this is not a touch screen phone. Outdoors, the radio quality is good but u have to keep the phone in certain position for it to capture best reception, as is true with any fm radio.

5. Clicking the CDMA key produces the CDMA call list with serial listing of incoming, outgoing and missed calls. Clicking on any will give date, time and number of calls. Ditto with GSM key.

6. Screen is quite large and colors appear vibrant. Upper left corner shows the network strength. The GSM network is default and CDMA is secondary and there is no way of making CDMA primary. Doesn’t matter since there are separate call keys for both. Screen brightness as well as Backlight time can be adjusted.

7. Volume Key on left margin grades call Volume between one to seven and usually range of 3-4 is quite loud and audible. During call, similar 1-7 volume adjustment can be made.

8. Micro SD slot is outside, on right margin, just below the audio jack. Supports upto 4 GB. i've put a 2 GB card from my older phone and that is working alright.

9. Audio jack is 3.5 mm which is quite nice. my previous one didn't have it.

10. the Charger port has no cover. the charger wire has a USB port that attaches to similiar slot on the charger body. so u can use the same wire to attach this piece to the comp. infact, this kind of wire is commonly available with other devices for transferring data. so i hook up the mobile to my camera wire and it keeps charging nicely in usb mode while i'm working on the computer and my charger safely stays at home.

11. They claim 3 MP camera but i've compared it with nokia 6275 2 MP camera and the quality is not that good. Absence of flash is another bother. Don’t rely too much on this for clicking good snaps. The shutter sound actually happens much before the device captures photo so often i would get blurry images. So i put shutter setting to no sound. U have delay timer of 5, 10 & 15 seconds but it is difficult to make this mobile stand without support hence that would be quite a task. There is option for continuous shot up to 5. If u take multiple shots, the 1st image comes alright but the next ones come darker and underexposed. Probably cuz the ccd gets longer time to charge.

12. Phone book can have multiple entries on same name but funnily, only when the person calls from the number listed as default, the name will be displayed. Otherwise, if the person calls from other numbers, only number is displayed, no name.

13. If u put a photo with the contact, the photo displays only with incoming call, not with the outgoing call.

14. The Speed dial is only from 2 to 9.

15. Message counter is available. Displays both received & sent messages.

16. There is intelligent call alert that reads out the number from which incoming call is being received.

17. On CDMA, only 160 character sms can be sent. GSM can send longer messages. When u open msg composer, the default mode is smartABC, same as T9, but with word suggestions on bottom. But even if u change the mode, next time u start, it again starts in smart ABC mode.

18. Messages can be sent by group. So far I’ve put maximum of 20 in a group and that has not exhausted the capacity. I haven’t figured a way yet to remove a single name from the group so be careful before pressing send.

19. 5 alarms can be set.

20. Unit converter and currency converter are inbuilt. Calculator has memory function which is quite useful for long calculations.

21. There is a melody composer for musically inclined.

22. EBook reader is quite good. Font size is adjustable and page opens from same place where u left reading.

23. There are 9 equalizer settings for music, 6 for reverb effect, 2 for 3d surround. Equalizer settings are effective on loudspeaker mode but reverb and 3d can be appreciated on headphone.

24. Speaker quality is loud and clear. There is slight distortion on putting max volume and that is really loud.

25. Battery takes very long charge time but battery life is quite decent. I can get 2 days life even with kids playing games and music everyday.

26. jar files can be installed . I put in quite a few applications from mobile9.com. Most did not run so I had to delete. But there are thousands of applications available so I’m not complaining.

Pros:

Very affordable GSM/CDMA phone.

Loud and clear voice quality.

Wireless FM.

Large phonebook.

Good battery life.

Cons:

Cramped keypad.

Recessed menu and phonebook keys.

Not displaying name with non-default number.

Average camera with no flash.

Lack of themes (only 3)

Long charging time.

Nice reveiw,

Just had to confirm from which shop did u purchased, last week i had asked for this model in CITY COLLECTION, he said, RS3700 only.

In phone i didn't find an drawback except keypad.

What is Ebook reader?

what about PC suite and Phone as modem?

yes really a very lenghty review . good work dear .

this feature seems to be good "There is intelligent call alert that reads out the number from which incoming call is being received."

Same is in my Diamond! I really love it aswell!

good review friend....... would help many people who are planning to buy this phone....

Going a step ahead, we were also looking at few triple sim chinese phones (low cost) as we're using some 3-4 additional CDMA/GSM cards temporarily.

Does anybody have any experience with the phones listed in the below link?

http://shop.ebay.in/i.html?_nkw=triple+sim+mobily e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301

If yes then, plz help in a suitable phone with the below features:

1) Triple Sim (1 CDMA/2 GSM)

2) Preferably Nokia BL 5C/6C Battery compatible (there are many) so that my numerous batteries & hopefully chargers still function.. else let it have a very good battery life.

3) Decent & very simple looking

4) Price between 3-5k

5) 1 yr Warranty

I know i can try to find the above specs individually myself - but its really not just about meeting specifications..

Else, is it advisable to go for a branded Indian Videocon, Micromax, Karbonn etc. instead & have normal BP?

@ACS

why u want chines phone ? when your ears will start burning you will know why i am saying this.

^^^ Then what about indian branded chinese phones ?

all r same, only samsung is little better !

go for micromax phones... they are better than chinese phones...and offer a 1yr warranty also...

I have used Micromax C2i (only CDMA), phone is good for daily use.

battery back up is very very good.

i get 3days stand by + 6-7 hr talk. in price of only Rs 2300.

Most of users buy extended battery at that cost for their smart phone .

Edited by ::Hitesh::