Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Bsnl Evdo : Now With 3.1 Mbps !

As per 8-Mar's Ad. in Times of India, Pune edition, BSNL has now started giving its EVDO device with 3.1 mbps speed.

The tariff for the same is Rs. 750/month for UNLIMITED data trasfer !

However the offer is limited till 31-Mar-10.

Prepaid plan is also available and tariff is 5 ps/100 KB.

Edited by MOBILE FAN

does anyone have a link to the ad?

Same here at bangalore also, yesterday i saw the AD in TOI

If their wired connections do not have unlimited data transfer at those speeds and at those rates, how can they have unlimited data on EVDO? There must be some fine print.

Prepaid plan is also available and tariff is 5 ps/100 KB.

So 1 GB will cost 500+ Rs approx..

Expecting a tariff reduction for BB..

Edited by savramesh

there is a * at 750. I can tell you it will be about FUP. My guess is it will be better than most of the present players. 5 GB maybe.

:previous:

check the image again.. at the right side vertically its mentioned

* valid till 31st March 2010

I was also curious about the Adv. Just checked BSNL webpage and T&C are there.

Check the same at ( http://bsnl.co.in/service/evdo.htm#evdo_ad ) or check attachment.

Is anyone aware about its performance in terms of Network Coverage and Bandwidth

speed.

post-28829-126812075691_thumb.jpg

Is this a pointer towards new plans from BSNL for wired BB (like the new MTNL plans)?

If we take 1Mbps as average EVDO speed, BSNL may give 1Mbps UL@750 for Dataone?

One of my friend is applying for this. I am waiting for the real experience.

Can anyone pls explain this? If I am taking the 750rs unlimited one, what about the modem? Can we get just the card and use it on 1X?

^^^You have to purchase or rent high speed data card from BSNL...

But then what is this about?

Can I get this card in Pune?

EDIT: DAMNIT! Just can't find anyone in Pune who knows about prepaid CDMA sim card :( Any help?

Edited by ani_meher

But then what is this about?

Can I get this card in Pune?

EDIT: DAMNIT! Just can't find anyone in Pune who knows about prepaid CDMA sim card :( Any help?

I got reply, it is yet to launch

Dear member plz experince BSNL evdo before making any buying decesion

I was also curious about the Adv. Just checked BSNL webpage and T&C are there.

Check the same at ( http://bsnl.co.in/service/evdo.htm#evdo_ad ) or check attachment.

Is anyone aware about its performance in terms of Network Coverage and Bandwidth

speed.

speed can go as high as 2mbps ...it basically depends on the network coverage of your locality....before going for bsnl evdo i would strongly suggest that you should test the connectivity of bsnl evdo in your locality before going for one..otherwise you can go for bsnl evdo on rent basis ...(tariff will be more approx.900-1000) but you won't have to pay for the card , only a security deposit ...if you are not satisfied with the results you can just disconnect the service and get your security deposit back..

hey guys even am looking to buy it, where do i get it @ Mumbai

any feedback on its performance and reliablity (i cant live without internet)

As I told you in post #11, my friend was about to buy this.

Yesterday he got it. But the stupid BSNL people gave him ZTE AC8700 the old modem having max limit 2.4 mbps. He paid Rs.3600 for the device. He was under the impression that this device is for 3.1 mbps. However it is also written on the box that the device supports speed upto 2.4 mbps.

Beware, BSNL will fool you if you are not cautious enough.

Just called up BSNL Pune. Talked to an officer at exchange on 020-25665400. And this is what he has to say :

"We dont have any information about this device. Some people have called up and asked about it. I heard that this ad. appeared in Times of India, but I have not seen such ad in any of our news paper (he means Marathi news papers). We dont have any instruction about this. I agree that this is a communication gap from top to bottom"

Jai Ho BSNL :NOTriste:

:previous:

LOL and we thought fools existed only in RCOM's CC...

Its written clearly .... call 1502 toll free from any bsnl landline

But when i called its says ..........wrong dialing code .............so i tried 1500 as normaly where a lady picked the call and gave me

BSNL EVDO & CDMA Natinal Toll Free Number ........... 18002331500

Usb modem or pcmcia evdo rev a or rev 0 modem - 3500 Inr one time purchase or 200 Inr monthly

EVDO data card tariff(w.e.f. 01.11.2009) :Sl. No

FMC in Rs.

Monthly free usage in GB

449.0024. 649.0055. 999.00**Unlimited

**Existing EVDO customers would continue to avail the unlimited data usage@Rs 650 per month

** Promotional offer for new customers activating EVDO postpaid unlimited data plan upto 31.03.2010 will be charged reduced Fixed Monthly Charge (FMC) of Rs.750 in place of Rs. 999.

** Existing EVDO customers in lower data plan migrating to the unlimited plan during the promotional period will also get the benefit of reduced FMC of Rs. 750.

Moral of this topic ---- CALL 18002331500 and apply for 999 inr unlimited data plan with free all india roaming [where ever bsnl network exists]

BSNL is not worth buying, even if they provide Rs750 plan or Rs999(roaming)

All executives(read BABU's) are working for getting salary and not for customer.

Untill and unless some Hard copy letter come to them, their answer is "we don't know about this".

BSNL speed is relly not comparable with other EVDO.

Even if they ad says 3.1mbps. u won't get that(it was just to fool or They are planning new tower to be of REV A, but not installed)

@mobile fan,

Ask them to free replace device, once 3.1mbps device is availble.

@abhishek

BSNL won't work in mumbai area

i get speed between 75 to 115KBPS on REV 0(ZTE AC 8700) at my area

tell me if i change device to REV A (ZTE AC 8710) i get more speed?

Yes Abhishek, it has been observed so far that Rev A is faster than Rev 0. However, are you sure that you got 75 to 115 kBps speed, or it is kbps speed ?

Saket, when I talked to babu at BSNL, I raised the issue of the existing customer having Rev 0. His simple answer to any query was - "we dont have any information. We dont have the new type of devices, we dont know when it will come. we learned about this new 3.1 mbps Evdo from ppl like you. I havnt seen the ad. in our (Marathi) news paper. I agree that there is a communication gap from top to bottom". So there is no question, at least at this time, that what will happen for existing customer.

Edited by MOBILE FAN