Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Bsnl Evdo : Now With 3.1 Mbps !

I got BSNL BB 750UL with 256 kbps. Is it worth to move to EVDO ???

^^^ My suggestion, NEVER go to a wireless connection if you are already getting superb plans in wired line (BSNL 750UL)...

I have been using BSNL EVDO in my place for more than 10 months... I have understood that when there are more people online your speed reduces... atleast in my area... i guess its the problem of bts... maybe there aren't any...

But please, do not compare wireless and wireline ever... atleast in a country like ours... itll take ages to reach the level when we ca actualy compare...

@mobile fan

Just sho them ad, and convinced him, that he will give new device, whenever it will be availble with him(even after 6month).

and keep track on it.

@greatest.

BSNL is not worth buying, so don't compare bsnl EVDO with wireline.

But u can compare other wireless with wireline

Read this

rimweb link

Yes Abhishek, it has been observed so far that Rev A is faster than Rev 0. However, are you sure that you got 75 to 115 kBps speed, or it is kbps speed ?

Saket, when I talked to babu at BSNL, I raised the issue of the existing customer having Rev 0. His simple answer to any query was - "we dont have any information. We dont have the new type of devices, we dont know when it will come. we learned about this new 3.1 mbps Evdo from ppl like you. I havnt seen the ad. in our (Marathi) news paper. I agree that there is a communication gap from top to bottom". So there is no question, at least at this time, that what will happen for existing customer.

yes it is 75 to 115KBPS(35-40 min to download 200mb file) and SDOT of bsnl pali ensure me to change my MODEM to ZTE AC8710 When stock is availabe.

And ALso ensure of speed boost more then i recieve now because a new tower will installed in a week 30 mtr frm my location.

can Somebody from the forum please guide us, what is the initial cost of the BSNL evdo as in their site it has been mentioned as 21000 something. I am little confused. Secondly Is there any option of Open market EVDO modem is available for BSNL. Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Can I get the prepaid data CDMA sim from BSNL? I can recharge it here, or thru online. It's not available in Pune, but as the roaming data charges are same, can someone from other city buy it and send it to me. I'll take care of the postal expenses.

hey whats the Price !!!! for this new BSNL Modem !!!

BSNL evdo modem price 4260appox

i think it's 3500/-...you can take it on rental too...

Its 3800/=

One of my palz bought it.

Speed is not too bad I say. He gets around 100+ KBps, but when I used it was mere 40 KBps! But whats the harm if you are paying just 750 p.m. for unlimited access!

@ ani_meher

I hope that can be done, but for that I would need an ID of yours with a Photograph which is requried by BSNL to provide a new connection.

Also check if EVDO is availabe in your area so that you could take out the best out of it.

Lemme know if I could be of any help!

@sumitverma

Ani meher is talking of SIM card and no modem

Its 3800/=

One of my palz bought it.

Speed is not too bad I say. He gets around 100+ KBps, but when I used it was mere 40 KBps! But whats the harm if you are paying just 750 p.m. for unlimited access!

Are you talking about EVDO Rev A (3.1 mbps) or Rev 0 (3.4 mbps) ?

I too have Evdo but that is Rev 0. When I compare it with Reliance Broadband+ (I have it too), in my area, Reliance is better than BSNL Evdo. But I know, in some area in Pune, BSNL Evdo is equally good. Currently Rev 0 is available at 750 Rs. So there is a chance that your friend has got Rev 0. You can find out from the modem. If it is ZTE modem then it is Rev 0. If it is Huawei then it is Rev A.

^

Yes, it is ZTE, but I wonder when they advertise, the write 3.1 Mbps showing the ZTE modem!

Look at page 1 of this thread. You will see the ad. there. That modem is not ZTE.

I saw one in local newspaper. Maybe it could be my bad! Thanks for correcting!

I had the earlier version of BSNL EVDO (ZTE modem)till abt 3 months back on a post-paid unlimited plan. When I first got the plan with the card 2 yrs back the speed was amazing, though it worked only in Salem circle.I got so disgusted with the internet speed which became so slow, I canceled the connection & gave bck the card. My advice is to check the speed b4 u buy it!

Edited by eskayes

I went to BSNL exchange office thay have no clue about the device. I bought a MTS evado data card. The speed is very good & the plans are also cheap as compared to others. The only trouble is that I doubt they dont deduct balance honestly.

Any idea about the new 3g plans from BSNL. The ad was there for 499 unlimited ( no FUP ) on 4 Mar TOI Delhi but till date the CC is not updated with any such info. I am getting nowhere calling up the various BSNL officers listed in my SSA