Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manishag

MTNL Reduced The Broadband Rental For 512Kbps

Manish Ji, I think Airtel gives correct SPEED (only BSNL/MTNL gives speed higher than the limit) and so test your download speed on speedtest.net and tell whether it is 256kbps or 512kbps...

Manish Ji, I think Airtel gives correct SPEED (only BSNL/MTNL gives speed higher than the limit) and so test your download speed on speedtest.net and tell whether it is 256kbps or 512kbps...

I've checked my speed many a times when i was using 512kbps i was getting speed above 540 kbps(on utorrent i get average 135Kilo bytes per sec almost 1 mbps). also in terms of service Airtel never gives service infact you have to take the service. there customer care are even dumb.

Like for me they give me service even at 11:00 at night where as for my sister's BB connection they don't attend call even for 2-3 days.

in MTNL i took two connection one day i faced some problem so I called the technician he played with the line for 4-5 hours and then he says that sorry sir i forgot the connections :)

but for MTNL IPTV i am getting hyper service. if i donot use TV for 3 days either they call me or send a person at my home to check if I am facing any problem.

And this time Bharti is upgrading all it's customers to 2mbps line for the period of 12th march 2010 to 25th April 2010 :)

I AM PAYING 500 FOR 256KBPS UNLIMITED IN KOLKATA

HOPE BSNL TOO COME WITH THIS PLAN IN INDIA

I've checked my speed many a times when i was using 512kbps i was getting speed above 540 kbps(on utorrent i get average 135Kilo bytes per sec almost 1 mbps). also in terms of service Airtel never gives service infact you have to take the service. there customer care are even dumb.

Like for me they give me service even at 11:00 at night where as for my sister's BB connection they don't attend call even for 2-3 days.

in MTNL i took two connection one day i faced some problem so I called the technician he played with the line for 4-5 hours and then he says that sorry sir i forgot the connections :)

but for MTNL IPTV i am getting hyper service. if i donot use TV for 3 days either they call me or send a person at my home to check if I am facing any problem.

And this time Bharti is upgrading all it's customers to 2mbps line for the period of 12th march 2010 to 25th April 2010 :)

uTorrent should not be used for estimating bandwidth speed... cus of the way it reports...

use speedtest.com for testing speed,

also u should test ur net speed while your net connection utilization is zero

Speedtest.net is better & renowned..

I have tested the speed using speedtest.net

and I am getting 1.2mbps Download and .8mbps download speed. also Airtel is now giving me 5 + 20% on-bill discount with 100 free calls

But actual download & upload speeds may still vary correct ?

I heard that usual Home/office retail broadband offers downloads only at 1/8 to 1/4 of bandwidth speeds promised..

But actual download & upload speeds may still vary correct ?

I heard that usual Home/office retail broadband offers downloads only at 1/8 to 1/4 of bandwidth speeds promised..

no you you get slightly higher (4-10%) then promised for home and office. many people say 1/8 because they misinterpret kilo bits per sec.

while downloading you get speed in kilobytes per sec which is 1/8 of kilobits per sec.

all the speeds offered are in kilobits per sec or megabits per sec

^^^ Could be true.. yes.

Then what's the big deal with DIA a.k.a Leased line internet services ?

www.bandwidthplace.com is one good site aswell to check the bandwidth!

Aint as pro as speednet but still good!

anyone here from delhi, can you please confirm whether you have received the MTNL speed upgrade or not ?  :Decepcionado:

Please mention your area also.I am living in central delhi  & I have still not received the upgrade.. Bloody MTNL people keep on saying that it would be done shortly. . :angry:

anyone here from delhi, can you please confirm whether you have received the MTNL speed upgrade or not ?  :Decepcionado:

Please mention your area also.I am living in central delhi  & I have still not received the upgrade.. Bloody MTNL people keep on saying that it would be done shortly. . :angry:

I think Airtel's automatic speed upgrade is only for www.youtube.com/ipl

Other site even other vids of youtube will be streamed on normal subscribed speed.

Source: Airtel.in

and I am getting 1.2mbps Download and .8mbps download speed. also Airtel is now giving me 5 + 20% on-bill discount with 100 free calls

how do u get so much discount on your airtel bill??

Ive been using airtel broadband since many yrs, but never once i got any kind of discount,

my current plan is 649 unmilited

please tell me how i can also get benefits of discount on bill.

Ive been using airtel broadband since many yrs, but never once i got any kind of discount,

simply ask them to disconnect the service

they will give you some retention discount :)

Ask who? Airtel shop or to CC??

Gonna do it as soon as I get back to Delhi :grin:

Ask who? Airtel shop or to CC??

Gonna do it as soon as I get back to Delhi :grin:

Airtel CC and tell them you are fed up with the services they do have retention plan. 1st retention dept will try to offer you something ask for more if they accept you request for the cancellation then wait for 24 hours you will get the call again from the retention and then accept the offer :) because normally in 1st go retention dept do not offer good plans but 2nd retention team offers something good :)

but manish ji, they are giving me 20% discount on Rental, and told this is the slab for retention

can I get more discount than that if i call again to disconnect?

but manish ji, they are giving me 20% discount on Rental, and told this is the slab for retention

1st take 20% then wait for 1 month then again call back stating about the service issues they will again add some discount. i got total 30% in 3 go

:previous: ppl, isn't this topic for discussion on MTNL  ? 

Coz I put my query in here.. anyways, if this is for discussing MTNL, then I would like to say.. Crap man, I have still not received the speed upgrade in my MTNL broadband, I wonder when I would get the same ...  :angry::angry:

^^^^^^^ mine MTNL speed also not upgraded as yet. Someone please tell me what to to?

:previous: well after posting in the same topic, I called up MTNL CC at 1500. She told me to write a complaint through Email to helpdesk.delhi@bol.net.in

mentioning about the speed upgrade not received thingy  :wacko:

would do the same this monday morning, lets see when I actually get the speed upgrade..  :Riendo:

1st take 20% then wait for 1 month then again call back stating about the service issues they will again add some discount. i got total 30% in 3 go

Whoa!!!!

I was using 499 Plan (256 kbps, 3GB limit), when I called them first time they give me 20% discount (i.e. 399 for 256 kbps, 3 GB limit). then I called 121 2nd time as suggested by Manish ji,

The retention dept offer me 449 Plan+ 20% discount, Plan detail:

Rent- 360

512 kbps upto 500 MB and after that 256 kbps

downloading-unlimited

But the interesting fact is that I have downloaded over 1 GB and speed is still 512 kbps.

:signthankspin: Manish Ji

previous.gif Wow, thats fantastic!! 256 kbps unlimited for Rs. 360/month!! Unexpected.gif Why do people still say BSNL is the cheapest??? mad.gif I am still being milked at 750 bucks + tax for 256 kbps!! cursing.gif

previous.gif Wow, thats fantastic!! 256 kbps unlimited for Rs. 360/month!! Unexpected.gif Why do people still say BSNL is the cheapest??? mad.gif I am still being milked at 750 bucks + tax for 256 kbps!! cursing.gif

difference is that it is not a regular plan, you need to grasp it.

but is is not very tough to get this plan. I call them just after first bill and get 20% discount and after second bill I get this 360 rental plan.... :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: