Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manishag

MTNL Reduced The Broadband Rental For 512Kbps

^^^But difference is that BSNL will never give you any special plan. They don't give 2 hoots whether you stay or leave their network. Retention plans/special plans are not in their dictionary... at least I have never heard and can't imagine.

but manish ji, they are giving me 20% discount on Rental, and told this is the slab for retention

can I get more discount than that if i call again to disconnect?

1st take 20% then wait for 1 month then again call back stating about the service issues they will again add some discount. i got total 30% in 3 go

Whoa!!!!

I was using 499 Plan (256 kbps, 3GB limit), when I called them first time they give me 20% discount (i.e. 399 for 256 kbps, 3 GB limit). then I called 121 2nd time as suggested by Manish ji,

The retention dept offer me 449 Plan+ 20% discount, Plan detail:

Rent- 360

512 kbps upto 500 MB and after that 256 kbps

downloading-unlimited

But the interesting fact is that I have downloaded over 1 GB and speed is still 512 kbps.

:signthankspin: Manish Ji

I think Airtel has doubled its speed (promised to be done in june), because I am getting consistently 512 kbps even after 5 GB download, as my limit for 512 kbps was only 500 MB..

Hurray 512 kbps only for 360 rent :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

:previous:

I think after u use your limit of double speed, u still get the same speed i.e. 512kbps in your case till you restart your modem.

after that same old 256 kbps speed :wacko:

I was using 649 Umlimited plan from Airtel(Delhi), today I called CC and told them that I am getting cheaper deal from MTNL so I would like to discontinue the service, and asked them to put a request for discontinuation.

FYI call charges in 649 plan was too expensive. :(

Withing 4 hrs, i got call from retention department and they offered me follwing two retention plans...

1) 449 Retention Plan

First < 500MB @ 512kbps...

Rest > 500MB @ 256kbps

Data Usage: Unlimited

Call rates as follows..

Airtel to Airtel (all over India) @ 60p/sec

Airtel to others (all over India) @ 75p/sec

Free Calls = 0

(Thanks to amit for correcting me, confirmed again with CC)

another retention plan they offered me is as follows...

2) 649 Retention Plan

Speed .. @ 512kbps

Call rates as follows..

Airtel to Airtel (all over India) @ 0.1p/sec

Airtel to others (all over India) @ 0.1p/sec

Free Calls = 100

I took the 2nd one :Contento:. They said that they are going to activate my new plan within 3 working days.

Hope this would help other Delhi Airtel customers.

If you have any other ideas to get better rental plans and discounts from Airtel, please discuss and help Rimwebians.

NOTE: This plan is for Delhi only, for other circles please contact your regional Airtel CC.

Edited by razortooth

I was using 649 Umlimited plan from Airtel(Delhi), today I called CC and told them that I am getting cheaper deal from MTNL so I would like to discontinue the service, and asked them to put a request for discontinuation.

FYI call charges in 649 plan was too expensive. :(

Withing 4 hrs, i got call from retention department and they offered me follwing two retention plans...

1) 499 Retention Plan

First < 500MB @ 512kbps...

Rest > 500MB @ 256kbps

Call rates as follows..

Free Calls = 0

another retention plan they offered me is as follows...

2) 649 Retention Plan

Speed .. @ 512kbps

Call rates as follows..

Free Calls = 100

I took the 2nd one :Contento:. They said that they are going to activate my new plan within 3 working days.

Hope this would help other Delhi Airtel customers.

If you have any other ideas to get better rental plans and discounts from Airtel, please discuss and help Rimwebians.

NOTE: This plan is for Delhi only, for other circles please contact your regional Airtel CC.

the first plan u mentioned is of 449 (not 499), at least in my case.

but in my plan calls are

A2A =60 paise

A2 others = 75 paise

Hi guys,

I am using retention plan 649 of airtel. where speed is 512kbps and i was told at the time when this connection was given to me that there is no FUP on this plan.

but today while surfing i was redirected to this page...

15388w4.jpg

when I called airtel, the CC executive told me that there is a FUP that if you download more than 10GB of data within 15 days, then your speed will become 256kbps. i asked her to disconnect my plan, and she transfered my call to retention department. the retention dept guy asked me why I want to disconnect my connection, i told that while giving me this plan I asked your executive whether there is any FUP applicable on this plan or not, and the executive said that there is no FUP on this plan then why my speed should be decreased. other service providers do not do such things. he said that its an order from TRAI to have an FUP on unlimited plans, so we cannot help. every service provider will have FUP in Unlimited plans.

Is this true?

Guys beware and clarify everything before you ask for any plan!

Does MTNL Delhi also have FUP on their 599 unlimited plan?

The Retention dept. guy told me that even if other service provider do not have FUP on their plan, soon they will.

I was thinking of changing to MTNL, but want to make sure about any FUP in 599 unlimited plan.

After TRAI declared that minimum 256 kbps speed will only be named as broadband by any ISP, there was a discussion paper wherein certain ISP's (Airtel or AirHELL was prominent in this) floated a suggestion to have FUP. TRAI has never issued any order authorising or making it mandatory for Unlimited Plans. Neither did it said as unauthorised. It is a commercial decision by the ISP to reduce the bandwidth requirements and share the same bandwidth with more users and discourage heavy downloaders who are on 24x7. Airtel started the data cap on all plans which were Unlimited and other ISP's have followed. It has no legal sanction.

As of today, Airtel has FUP on all their Unlimited Plans. MTNL does not have FUP.

If you want consistent service & download speed, stick to Airtel and change your plan to a higher data cap if you want to spend more.

If 100% reliability & speed is not a huge concern, shift to MTNL & enjoy Unlimited download without FUP. MTNL has a fairly good network and works most of the time.

No. MTNL does not have FUP. Private operators do.

thank you rajan and tanveer.

Well my usage is uncertain, sometimes i dont use broadboand for weeks when im out on business tour, and sometimes i rape the internet connections :D

but once you get addicted to 512kbps, its hard to go back to 256 :(

I was previously using MTNL broadband. but when i shifted to airtel, the MTNL guy said that my BB connection is among one of the frist few in my area, so the port which i was given was very good, rest people having problem. and if in future i switch back to MTNL i wont get the same port.

i didnt had any problem with MTNL's B/band before as the downtime was very rare (well ofc little more than airtel, but still its okay).

the port is the thing im little concerned about. delhi guys, how do you rate MTNL's Broadband??

saw in MTNL Delhi's website..

Plan TriB UL data-256 (dl/ul = 512/512), unlimited!

but the problem is the static IP :(

i dont need static IP as i keep downloading stuffs from rapidshare and by resetting my modem i can download another file without any wait!

Static IP is not mandatory. You can choose not to take it.

I think for unlimited plans, Mtnl delhi gives static ips

I have been using the same Plan (TriB UL data-256 combo, dl/ul = 512/512, unlimited).

I have specifically opted for dynamic IP. :)

post-9665-001914300 1287680675_thumb.jpg

Edited by mgdelhi

oh thats nice.

thank you all for the info :)

but manish ji, they are giving me 20% discount on Rental, and told this is the slab for retention

can I get more discount than that if i call again to disconnect?

1st take 20% then wait for 1 month then again call back stating about the service issues they will again add some discount. i got total 30% in 3 go

Whoa!!!!

I was using 499 Plan (256 kbps, 3GB limit), when I called them first time they give me 20% discount (i.e. 399 for 256 kbps, 3 GB limit). then I called 121 2nd time as suggested by Manish ji,

The retention dept offer me 449 Plan+ 20% discount, Plan detail:

Rent- 360

512 kbps upto 500 MB and after that 256 kbps

downloading-unlimited

But the interesting fact is that I have downloaded over 1 GB and speed is still 512 kbps.

:signthankspin: Manish Ji

I think Airtel has doubled its speed (promised to be done in june), because I am getting consistently 512 kbps even after 5 GB download, as my limit for 512 kbps was only 500 MB..

Hurray 512 kbps only for 360 rent :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

r u still getting this plan?

airtel offers better speed but prices are high!

Bsnl tells 512 but its a bit slower than that seems like ratio issues!

Btw read that reliance offers 512 on 1:1 ratio