Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
madhumnair

Ring Tones Via Sms - 1237 Services

Seems its official now...

Todays Indian Exp carries a full page ad:

SMS VZ to 1234 on your RIM Phone and you could meet Veer & Zaara.

No other details, not even charges, ...nothing!

Yuckkk! :)

Seems its official now...

Todays Indian Exp carries a full page ad:

No other details, not even charges, ...nothing!

Yuckkk!  :)

20372[/snapback]

1234 was officially released . but 1237 is not yet

20372[/snapback]

thts got nothing to do with Ringtones via SMS!!! Racoon, VZ to 1234 is jus another promotion for the movie alongwith a contest! I'd got a pre-recorded call from Nasik CC (STD)3033333 talking abt the stupid contest.

Madhumnair, Special SMS could be the one to 1234 as well... isnt it?

And does that dude use R-Connect otherwise? 14.50! weird no.! Was that r-connect rental or usage?

Sorry ...yes, I realised that myself ...in the hurry I took it to be for the ringtone thingy... :(

Madhumnair, Special SMS could be the one to 1234 as well... isnt it?

And does that dude use R-Connect otherwise? 14.50! weird no.! Was that r-connect rental or usage?

20456[/snapback]

No , That person doesn't use R connect.. Thats Y I was surprised ..........

DID U TRY TO CONTACT RIM PPL AND FIND OUT WHY HAVE THEY CHARGED RCONNECT CHARGES THOUGH U DON'T USE IT?

be careful about the charges before u use this service the CC guys no nothing about the charges but hteir billing server definitely knows about this so be careful my unbilled usage jumped from 95 to 175 after sending some 30 or so sms to 1237 so u guys be careful

I rang RCC for this they have no idea and when I told about unbilled usage they told it is approximate and that i will get to know the detail only after i get the bill so till i get the bill i wont use this service

19946[/snapback]

I WENT TO WW, AND THEY SD IT'S RS 5/- PER TONE....

Hey guys,

just checked out sms services section at relianceinfo.com.

Its official now, we can download any mono/poly ringtone for Rs.7 & Rs.10 resp.

(I have removed the link from here as it was no more working)

Edited by amtrag

bloody hell! 7 and 10rs , thats too much i am much better off using MIDIs for my GTRAN. Thank you! and i could not connecto to the link provided

Edited by tanveer

bloody hell! 7 and 10rs , thats too much i am much better off using MIDIs for my GTRAN. Thank you! and i could not connecto to the link provided

20759[/snapback]

yes over here gtran users gain.

GTran RULEs Baby..... ;)

Anyways other users mite just download the ringtones via sms.... cause something is better than nothing... and good things always come at a price....

There r many ppl out there without data cables n all... so this move by reliance to earn money mite just work....

:lol:

Vijay

Hey guys,

just checked out sms services section at relianceinfo.com.

Its official now, we can download any mono/poly ringtone for Rs.7 & Rs.10 resp.

click on this linkSMS Ringtone

20758[/snapback]

The link you gave http://10.8.51.161/Infocomm/Rim/rim_8888.html is an intranet link of Reliance (10.*.*.* being a private Class A net) and is not visible from outside. Replacing 10.8.51.161 by www.relianceinfo.com produces error 404.

Anyone from outside able to see the link?

MMS is still a better option for those without cables and samsung guys I surely won't pay Rs10 for a ringtone it is really ridiculous they should provide ringones in R world if not then what is the use of ringtones in R world

i tried the 1237 again yst and it says "thanks for being a part of testing of ringtone service-rworld team" has anyone got the same error or have they moved the 1237 to something else?

sms to 1237 service is rs 2/- only .... and gsm guys pay anything b'tween 5/- and 7/- bucks !!!

yeah alright the sms to 1237 is Rs2 but from when. Was it chareable before 1 dec also it should not be for atleast DAPO offers and also not for others since u can see in FAQs of other sms services it clearly says there these sms are charged at 50p per sms

This is a clear case of loot

yeah alright the sms to 1237 is Rs2 but from when. Was it chareable before 1 dec also it should not be for atleast DAPO offers and also not for others since u can see in FAQs of other sms services it clearly says there these sms are charged at 50p per sms

This is a clear case of loot

20891[/snapback]

from dec 1, sms services to 1237 would be charged at rs. 2 .For rest it wud be .50 paisa only. The relaince guys are sending smses to everyone informaing the new sms rates. I got one ysday. The same have been updated on their website also.

20759[/snapback]

yes over here gtran users gain.

20760[/snapback]

ya..even I am happy creating MIDI ringtones off my own on my 7230 :) ...who wants to pay 7 bucks for a ringtone...which can be created in 7 minutes by ourselves :)

Today I saw my bill on net they charged me 106 Rs for 53 SMS sent to 1237 but no R connect charges as stated by someone in this post Now comes the main part I rang RCC three times

1 The person says there is no such thing as 1237 and I asked about 8888 he told it is INTERNATIONAL sms ( I was charged 0 for it) I told him to register a complaint he told no He denied anything like 1237 and cut the call ;);)

2 The person told there was 1237 but in testing phase and asked me who told about it to me i told RCC he denied it can be true and told it will be charged as Rs2 when I told the bill was of nov he told all other sms services r charged Rs 2 and it was never stated to be free I told it was there in reliance site He denied and refused to take the complaint after 18 minutes of arguement he cut the call

3 This time the person was a bit patient one he listened to the complaint and told it was data charges I had to tell him to look at the bill carefully then he got my point and after a long wait(with the music on) He agreed to register the complaint and told I will get waiver in the next bill ( which I do not think so )

Will have to go to RWW to clarify this ( :P I will try my best to get a waiver ;) )

Sorry for the long post will keep u guys informed about this

Edited by Shabz

Hi this is the continuation of my previous post after getting fed up with the RCC I wrote a mail to Chairman's office today morning and I got a reply now saying that the amount will be adjusted in the next bill So I have got a waiver of the said amount now as the call from the chairman office stated so It comes out that the charge for SMS to 1237 in the last month is has been free to me If any of u have been charged then follow my steps and u might also get a waiver

Edited by Shabz

Hi this is the continuation of my previous post after getting fed up with the RCC I wrote a mail to Chairman's office today morning and I got  a reply now saying that the amount will be adjusted in the next bill So I have got a waiver of the said amount now as the call from the chairman office stated so It comes out that the charge for SMS to 1237 in the last month is has been free to me If any of u have been charged then follow my steps and u might also get a waiver

21287[/snapback]

good show shabz... but would suggest you to wait 1st and have a look at the bill whether they have REALLY given you a waiver. I have a pretty abd experience with the false promises like these that Reliance made to me. I migrated to 399 plan from my original DAPO plan in July..but my subsequent bills showed my charges as per old plan. After lots of fighting and complaints they agreed that my Nov bill would reflect a waiver (the WW guys blamed it on some faulty systems)...but alas...Nov bill has also come with old charges...though I received a sms from them that the plan change would be accepted from dec!!! So the fight is still on...

But m surprised that writing a mail to chairman's office generated you a response. I think I'll also do that.... thanks! :)

Edited by lokeshsapre

Lokesh writing to chairman office is definitely a good idea I find two things good for solving the problem either write to the office or visit the town customer care centre (not the WW) These guys r really helpful and I have got a response everytime I had visited or contacted them

Regarding CC it is bull **** and WW guys r ****ers

These messages are received as MMS. At Present the MMS application is not available on GTran therefore; I don’t think that we can download ring tone like this.

21555[/snapback]

i have downloaded ringtone for GTRAN .... but it is not free for DAPO :clap: ...

- nil

yeah its not free for DAPO but it was free in Nov if u r charged more in last month just complain and u will get the waiver

yeah its not free for DAPO but it was free in Nov if u r charged more in last month just complain and u will get the waiver

21571[/snapback]

i did .... but CC said no waiver :P .... those stupid ppl even dont know it is indiatimes service .... i even have indiatimes mail account created using this service.

- nil