Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
madhumnair

Ring Tones Via Sms - 1237 Services

I prefer calling RCC only when I have some time and want something for entertainment They say 8888 is international SMS and so is 1237 Write a mail to chairman's office and you will get the reply from them within hours, believe me it is true, I was surprised to get a call from them in 8 hrs These people are a bit mature and understand the problem

I prefer calling RCC only when I have some time and want something for entertainment They say 8888 is international SMS and so is 1237 Write a mail to chairman's office and you will get the reply from them within hours, believe me it is true, I was surprised to get a call from them in 8 hrs These people are a bit mature and understand the problem

21598[/snapback]

I have already got reply from them ... Chairman's office said 1237 is only for ringtones :P .... so i would be charged....

The CC guy even told me that the service is not launched commercially .... how can RIM charge me for the service which is not commercially launched and supposed to be free for me :blink:

- nil

nil which plan r u under I am under DAPO so I got the waiver if u r under any other plan you may be charged

i am in DAPO .... guess need to go to WW for waiver.

Wel, I didn't tracked this topic but today. don't know if already posted.

when i sent a sms "POLY #####" to 1237 . i didn't get ringtone but following msg.

"Thank you for participating in the ringtone service trials. RWorld team." from 1237

-loss of 2 Rs.

DEAR ALL,

if u go thro' the previous messages about GM.ril.com link ..

Now its possible to upload Rintones & \ photos directly to mobiles :

from that site .. no need to convert to dat.. MIDIs , JPEG BMP GIFs all are supported

Edited by madhumnair

nil which plan r u under I am under DAPO so I got the waiver if u r under any other plan you may be charged

21613[/snapback]

The matter abt ring tones has already been conveyed .. No waivers will be given .

All sms to 1237 , 8888 , and other TV competitions will be charged at Rs2/-

Sms for DAPO are free thats limited to Domestic GSM / CDMA operators & 1234 service..

Which link?

Can u post that link here?

21955[/snapback]

Oops ...

that link is an Reliance Intranet address.... works only in Reliance offices.

Madhumnair I got a mail and call from reliance telling I will get the waiver and the thing that all other services will be charged at Rs2 that is from 1 dec and not b4 that so be clear in that

My billing cycle begins from 1st of the month the trouble will be with these people whose billing cycle starts late in the month in that case u might not get the waiver as they will tell all sms were after 1st dec

I have a solution for that also if u r sure that those sms were before 1st dec then tell them that u want to see the CDR (call data record) and insist on it in it all details of call sms and data calls r reflected with date and time see into it and ask for waiver

21613[/snapback]

The matter abt ring tones has already been conveyed .. No waivers will be given .

All sms to 1237 , 8888 , and other TV competitions will be charged at Rs2/-

Sms for DAPO are free thats limited to Domestic GSM / CDMA operators & 1234 service..

21956[/snapback]

As Shabz said, SMS to third party services became paid for DAPO only from December 1, 2004. All SMS before that were free so infact if billing is from the first of the month, one can get waiver easily.

As Shabz said, SMS to third party services became paid for DAPO only from December 1, 2004. All SMS before that were free so infact if billing is from the first of the month, one can get waiver easily.

21984[/snapback]

hi i am also under dapo and wen i got my bill(of nov) i was charged for 1237 service but as my bill cycle is from 1st i shot a mail to chairmans office and got a waiver with tax

:lol:

Edited by Chirag

Which handset r u having

Just follow the procedure above if u have followed did u get any reply fot your sms if not then try other ringtone try both mono and polyphonic tunes I have RD 2030 and it is working fine on it

It is like an mms sent in the sms u will see Run click on ok and you will get ot hear the ringtone

19639[/snapback]

CAN YOU MMS ME ONE RINGTONE MY NO IS 9393810546 :(

19707[/snapback]

i HAVE SEND U AN MMS "DOOM: RING TONE

THANKS madhumnair :clap:

Reliance is About to launch a new service in a few days time in which you would be able to download ringtones from 1237 like 8888 services.... cost is estimated to be 5 Rs per ringtone.... it is right now started in mumbai on a trial basis for a short time soon it'll be announced

hi vikky, reliance has already launched it in delhi and we all have tested it as far back as november, check out other posts on this thread for more.