Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
simv

Some Issues With My Htc Touch Pro Cdma {Tata}

Hello friends.

Its been two months I got my HTC Touch Pro CDMA for Tata Network.

Activating the phone was a bit of pain but I am glad it started working after 7 days of magajmaari.

The phone works like a charm. Totally happy with it.

Few unsolved issues:-

1) Not getting delivery reports for SMS's. Not that I am complaining, but still I would love to have an option for enabling or disabling SMS delivery reports.

2) If I don't prefix a number with 0, it automatically dials the number with prefixed +1 and some US code. Prefixing with 0 solves the issue. eg. 0982XXXXXXX

3) Internet using WIFI works fine. But I am unable to use internet using the TATA service. I tried all the settings but it doesn't help. I was suggested to search this forum properly for the same which I did, but still couldn't find the solution. I know its just the settings. Can somebody please tell step by step how to activate internet using TATA network.

3) Can't use phone as a modem to surf internet on my laptop. Again, I assume its just the settings.

Do I need to install some extra softwares or cab files for Tata internet to work on my mobile as well as on the computer?

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Edited - P.S. - Mine is Windows 6.5 with Mighty ROM

Edited by simv

Solution:

1) Even I dont know, Someone else might be having a remedy for sure.

2) Go Start> Settings> Phone> Services Tab> Plus Code Dialing> Disable> Back> Automatic Prepend> Disable. That should solve this problem for sure.

3) Go Start> Settings> Connections Tab> Connections> Manage Existing Connections> Now delete all of the settings you see there.

Now Go Add A New Modem Connection> Connection Name= "Tata"> Select Modem= Cellular Line> Dialing No.= "#777"> Username="internet"> Password="internet"> Finish and you are all done for this aswell.

4) Follow the same above process in My Work Network Tab and you should be able to use the services on PC.

Please Thank If I were of any help!

• Like 1

solution for problem no-1

Go to SMS inbox--->Go to Menu--->tools---->options...--->tap two times on "Text Messages"

options will open, in that you will find "Request delivery notifications" just tick mark it and click ok.

DONE !!

For using Phone as modem, you have to enable modem in phone also u will require modem drivers for you OS.

• Like 1

Thank you Sumit. The Automatic Prepend thing worked. Done with one issue thanks to you.

Solution:

3) Go Start> Settings> Connections Tab> Connections> Manage Existing Connections> Now delete all of the settings you see there.

Now Go Add A New Modem Connection> Connection Name= "Tata"> Select Modem= Cellular Line> Dialing No.= "#777"> Username="internet"> Password="internet"> Finish and you are all done for this aswell.

4) Follow the same above process in My Work Network Tab and you should be able to use the services on PC.

Unfortunately the above settings are not working. Tried them again after your post but in vain.

Thank you.

For Internet connection sharing Touch Pro on default Sprint rom uses the My ISP connection; Kindly edit it - Phone as Modem - and put username and pw as your MDN or internet (as suggested above) and then you can share internet connection on pc/laptop.

solution for problem no-1

Go to SMS inbox--->Go to Menu--->tools---->options...--->tap two times on "Text Messages"

options will open, in that you will find "Request delivery notifications" just tick mark it and click ok.

DONE !!

After tapping twice on 'Text Messages', theres only one option - Always send a callback number.

No option for delivery reports. Maybe its different in HTC Touch Pro from Mogul.

For Internet connection sharing Touch Pro on default Sprint rom uses the My ISP connection; Kindly edit it - Phone as Modem - and put username and pw as your MDN or internet (as suggested above) and then you can share internet connection on pc/laptop.

THanks Dkaile. Will try it and let you know. But mine is Mighty ROM.

firstly dial

##778#

type in spc which is 000000

it will open a menu

change mip settings to simple ip only

then in settings create a new connection

put in username and password and proxy if any and it will work

firstly dial

##778#

type in spc which is 000000

it will open a menu

change mip settings to simple ip only

then in settings create a new connection

put in username and password and proxy if any and it will work

Mufaddal bhai... you deserve a big kiss muummmhaaaa and a treat whenever you say :)

This problem was bothering me since quite some time and this is such a relief. Now my phone is complete!!

Internet works fine on the phone. Haven't tried on laptop yet but will soon post the review.

This is what I did after Mufaddalbhai's post (this might help others in future who might face similar problem) - This is for HTC Touch Pro with Mighty ROM and Windows 6.5 :-

1) ##7778#    - Couldn't get to the settings earlier as I was using Resco contact dialer. Use ##778# only in the default dialer.
2) EDIT
3) Unlock code - 000000
4) VIEW INFO
5) MIP settings
6) Changed MIP settings from Mobile IP only to [b]Simple IP only[/b]
7) Used connection settings as mentioned by Sumit.

DONE!!

I am again very thankful to Sumitbhai, Dkaile bhai and Mufaddal bhai for the efforts taken. Guys like you make this forum a great place to be a part of.

@ Hitesh Bhai!

The thing you told about that first issue aint working!

Could we get something else for that?

^^^

I dont know what happen, yesterday i posted some steps for that, and now that reply is not showing here.

but i got solution no-2 (update)

use this sms notification cab http://www.ziddu.com/download.php?uid=arCdlpSoY7OfluKnYqqhkZSrX6ycmZ2o2

• Like 1

A new issue which I forgot to mention.

5) Number of characters in one single SMS. More than 130 characters cuts the sms in two parts unlike usual handsets whose sms character limit is 160 characters.

So the SMS character limit is just 130 characters. Can we increase it to normal 150 or 160?

^

Install the attached registry editor and change the registry value:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShared\

set "IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" to "160"

Please Thank If You Like.

Will Help Me Going!

ppcKilmistRegEdit.zip

^

Install the attached registry editor and change the registry value:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SMS\TextShared\

set "IS637MaxAsciiCharacters" to "160"

Please Thank If You Like.

Will Help Me Going!

^^

Done!! I used SK Tools to explore the registry as it was preinstalled and then edited it as per your instructions...It didnt work initially. But when I did restart (isn't it called soft reset? i am learning new terms day by day!) the phone, it changed to 160 characters.

So is 160 the max limit or we can extend it even further? What will be the sms charges it that case?

Thanks for the wonderful solution. Made my day!

A new issue which I forgot to mention.

5) Number of characters in one single SMS. More than 130 characters cuts the sms in two parts unlike usual handsets whose sms character limit is 160 characters.

So the SMS character limit is just 130 characters. Can we increase it to normal 150 or 160?

Are you using mighty rom by the way? If that is the case, the above problem may be caused by the fact that mike (mighty) is from Canada and uses bell as the carrier, which allows 130 characters only. There is a cab on ppcgeeks called sms160 cab. Look for it and install it if you dont want to meddle with reg settings.

@ SIMV

Yes, it is called soft reset!

No, you cannot increase it further!

Edited by SumitVerma

Hello friends.

Its been two months I got my HTC Touch Pro CDMA for Tata Network.

Activating the phone was a bit of pain but I am glad it started working after 7 days of magajmaari.

The phone works like a charm. Totally happy with it.

Few unsolved issues:-

I have just now puchased HTC Touch Pro 2 to be used in Tata network. As understood the handset MEID needs to be registered with Tata Indicom for my existing Tata CDMA SIM to start working in the new handset. However After visiting Tata gallery as well as talked to customer care, no one had any clue. Can you tell me how your HTC touch Pro handset started working in Tata CDMA. What is the procedure?

^^^

method is same for both touch pro as well as touch pro 2

mail me for info

Anyone please reupload the SMS deliver cab again, it has been deleted from that ziddu link.