Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ayaz_cool

Samsung Mpower Muzik 219 Cdma

does anyone know about Brew? When i tried to open it, the phone asked me to get an upgraded RUM. Does anyone know what does it mean?

Samsung Mpower muzik 219 is an open market handset (OMH handset). You should buy an OMH sim and transfer your number to the new OMH sim (costs about Rs 250/- including number transfer procedure). Then you can use BREW applications and data in the handset. Now you are using ordinary RUIM (removable user identity module, ie CDMA SIM), so phone asked upgraded RUIM which means OMH sim. All OMH sim and OMH handsets have gem logo in it (please see the image). To know more about OMH please click the link http://www.qualcomm.co.uk/products_services/chipsets/omh.html

post-60936-014817600 1281243594_thumb.gi

just an update ... omh cost is not more then 100 now .. ask dealer for 100 he will easily give

I want to busy Mpower Muzik 219 as there are some limited features of multimedia which i an want to have.But There are many minus points in the mobile it seems.Can any one clarify me?

i also want a low cost cdma handset confused btwn samsung muzic219 and samsung guru559 :confuse: . can any tell me which one is better. i need good battery backup as too much calling whole day and good network capability as my shop is in basement and network strength available there is too weak. budget around 2000. Please suggest me guys....

:previous:

If you required 0.3 megapixel camera,expandable memory to 2 GB and bluetooth go for muzik 219. If you don't want these features go for guru559. Please see the post numbers 39 & 40 of the link

Edited by KAPILKDEV

thanks for the reply KAPILKDEV

these features are not a necessity for me as i have iphone with my gsm conection my basic need for cdma handset is for making calls, keeping this in view please suggest one.

i think guru599 will be a better option.

:previous:

Yes, guru559 is the better option.

Just brought this handset for Rs.2950. Looks sturdy and cool, liked the way the keys are laid. Didnt get data cable or memory card with it :( - I got drenched in rain on the way :) will update about the phone soon.

i m getting a used muzik219 for 1500 used for around 5-6 months havent seen the phone yet but i think thats a pretty gud offer.

@above look at the condition of the phone. Otherwise it is a pretty good deal.

UPDATE after a week of using : When I am playing songs from the memory card, there is no option to play it in the background! And they call it a music phone!

• Like 1

Can anybody help me to know how I can transfer my contacts from PC to Muzik219?

I have bought this handset for Rs.2800/- at Samsung Dealer on 21st March 2011 in Hyderabad.

It a very nice mobile in this price range. After using it for past 5 days, I am very much happy for my decision to buy this phone. Great Music and great FM reception. Battery back up is nice. My colleagues are amazed by its sound quality. Camera is also good. I strongly recommend this handset for music lovers who want good mobile at cheap price but a branded one.

I am using this phone.The phone often hangs. It's a good phone but when we type smses fast and all it hangs and then we have to remove the battery and then it's all normal again.

@Ankur I am facing issues like failed SMSs/getting repeatedly delivered to recipient.

Does this have a familiar ring?

@Karthik R: No,I am not facing any issues. 1/10 messages I get failed sending,but whenI resend it goes off.Will be upgrading to epic pretty soon. (Will take my dad's epic and buy him an fascinate or an iPhone)

I want to buy this handset Muzik219.

Does anyone have an idea whether it is possible to transfer the phonebook from pc?

Is it possible to load your phonebook contacts from Microsoft Outlook in this phone using your PC?

Don't know about Outlook, but it can be done through Bluetooth. If you have bluetooth attached to your comp, or any other handset that has the contacts, you can transfer them to M219. The only trouble I faced was that the contacts appear in reverse last name first and they are set in right order only when you individually open each contact and save it again. Tiresome.

But the battery, sound clarity and connectivity (voice) of this phone is awesome.