Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
npanda

Trai Is There For Customers Or For The Telcos Benefit?

Hope you all remember the days when the telcos used charge huge calling rates for outgoing as well as for incoming, then in someday we have heard the TRAI:telecom regulatory authority of India. A new hope has began to start when the rates of calling gone down heavily, making feasible to afford the customer to use the mobile phone in roaming etc etc.

But since a couple of year, there is no such actions were found from TRAI such as lowering of SMS rates(still most of the telcos charges Rs.1.50/- for national SMS), STD rates(still high with out any packs) unauthorised activation of caller tunes by the telcos, failure of DND,call dropping etc etc.although TRAI has found to be a silent watcher but has taken much intrest/aggresiveness to charge the customers for calling the customer care. Hence it seems that the TRAI is really working for whom? for the intrest/benefit of the customer or for the high end telcos? just share your view.

Edited by npanda

India Has the lowest charges whatsoever in Telecom Industry when compared with other countries!

Low rates are not a substitute for quality. Sub-standard networks like RGSM should really be pulled up by the regulator. So should unethical/illegal ways of making money, as is done by Airtel. Clearly a lot needs to be done...

^^^

I thought you are happy with RGSM , that what you told me some days before !!

No doubt... TRAI is sleeping...

But atleast RCom and Tatas are NOT charging for calling to CC guys... I know BSNL is also in the list, but CC guys of BSNL is like, OK Leave it... :rofl_200:

@Hitesh, I was never very happy with it. What I said is that it was tolerable when considered along with the tariff offered. But now, after my complaints it has become intolerable. The voice clarity is so bad that almost unusable for voice calls. They fixed the texting issues tho, and as of now it remains fixed. So its good for the 1p/SMS thing... and thats about it. Truly disgusting show by RCom. :angry:

Edited by raccoon

the main culprit is ministry.. after SMS rates, telcos are really after TRAI and everybody know mr. raja... and whenever TRAI ask to improve service, our telcos come with excuse of spectrum and other s**t...

^^^

Agree with that !!!

kick out Mr Raja !!!

:previous:

better close down TRAI, raja will of no use