Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Idea Cellular Charging For Customer Care Calls

Source

Idea Customers in Chennai will be charged 50p/3minutes , starting today. Idea Cellular is the first operator in Chennai and Tamil Nadu, to charge its customers for the call.

A call made to Customer Care(12345) , will be free until the customer gets connected to a customer care executive. Further, the first 25 seconds would not be charged, after which the customer would be charged 50 Paisa for every 180 seconds.

Idea cellular Tamilnadu is one of the newest operators in the Chennai and the Tamil Nadu circle.Other private operators such as Airtel, Vodafone and Aircel, who have a huge customer base in this circle have not started charging their customers, yet.

This has been implemented since 21st March and would be applicable for all Idea Cellular Customers in TN.

Crazy idea. Also, if they need to upgrade the complaint it may take a few minutes for the higher executive to come on line.

This thing is next to stupidity!

I wonder how can they charge for CC? A customer calls CC to tell the company about there faults. Idea Cellular is trying to earn from there faults aswell?

Let the MNP come. Idea is out for sure!

Lets expect the same actions by other telcos SOON...

Source

Idea Customers in Chennai will be charged 50p/3minutes , starting today. Idea Cellular is the first operator in Chennai and Tamil Nadu, to charge its customers for the call.

A call made to Customer Care(12345) , will be free until the customer gets connected to a customer care executive. Further, the first 25 seconds would not be charged, after which the customer would be charged 50 Paisa for every 180 seconds.

Idea cellular Tamilnadu is one of the newest operators in the Chennai and the Tamil Nadu circle.Other private operators such as Airtel, Vodafone and Aircel, who have a huge customer base in this circle have not started charging their customers, yet.

This has been implemented since 21st March and would be applicable for all Idea Cellular Customers in TN.

:previous:

This move has been ostensibly made to prevent clogging of network due to stupid queries by many customers. I know it is totally wrong for cellcos to charge all for the stupidity of some. But then this is India and TRAI seems to have waved the green flag for operators. So it will remain. Other operators will surely follow. AFAIK, almost all cellcos have now started 198 service for quality complaints and this number is full free (Not sure for how long, though)

Yet another money spinner for the GSM Gangsters, is all I would say....

• Like 1

Vodafone in Bihar also charging for calling CC nos 111 , 9709097090 @ 50p/3mins if assistance is thru

representative. 198 is the dedicated complaint cell and is toll free. This will now become industry norm.

Airtel recently disabled call waiting, conference calls, STD and ISD on my postpaid mobile connection for which I have ALWAYS paid the bill on-time and have never used more than 40% of the credit limit. So I had to call them to get all these services enabled.

Once these operators start charging for calls made to customer support, I guess these kind of mistakes will start happening more frequently just to milk the customers.

What an IDEA Sir Ji !!!!!

Use email options for requests for starting or stopping services.

Its free and keeps a written record which is very helpful in case

of disputes

Airtel in TN has also started to charge for calling to customer care ao 50p/3m

Airtel in Punjab has also started to charge for calling to customer care ao 50p/3m ............... till IVR free but as soon as call centre person on line ..........meter starts... tic tic tic

Operators at least in metros won't charge for calling CC else they will loose much hard earned customers to either of the 2 CDMA players whose networks are at par with the GSM biggies & MNP round the corner. :Sorprendido:

Edited by swapnil05in

Airtel recently disabled call waiting, conference calls, STD and ISD on my postpaid mobile connection for which I have ALWAYS paid the bill on-time and have never used more than 40% of the credit limit. So I had to call them to get all these services enabled.

Once these operators start charging for calls made to customer support, I guess these kind of mistakes will start happening more frequently just to milk the customers.

What an IDEA Sir Ji !!!!!

But I guess your calls regarding this can be classified as a complaint. So you shouldn't be charged for it anyway.

Really surprised by Idea's move. Because Idea is a new operator in TN. Is their network quality so good that they have confidently startted charging calls to customer care just after a year of commencing operations in Chennai and Tamil Nadu circle?

TRIA have given permission to do so !

thats why some operator started charging for CC !

We have to fight with TRAI not with service provider...

Really surprised by Idea's move. Because Idea is a new operator in TN. Is their network quality so good that they have confidently startted charging calls to customer care just after a year of commencing operations in Chennai and Tamil Nadu circle?

NO NO NO... It is ONLY because, BAD TIME HAS STARTED FOR IDEA IN TamilNadu & Chennai... TN people are using Idea SIMs as calling cards as it is FREE with Rs55 TT... :Riendo:

In Pune (Maharashtra cirlce), almost all the operators have started this non-sense business. Starting with Vodafone which has large corporate customers, is not bothered, as they simply say all operators are charging so we are also charging.

I thought Mumbai will be spared, but it is going to start from this week 1-by-1.

In fact there was an SMS for many people here at Pune from Vodafone (might be from other operators also) to submit their id/address proof documents for re-verification and to contact cumtomer care for further details. And Vodafone would nicely charge for these calls. I had infact written to Vodafone to stop this non-sense and in case of such business policies (Vodafone's argument) should guide customers towards their web site, email and toll free sms for enabling/disabling services or lodge complaints rather than asking them to speak to CC people and charge for the calls.

Earlier this month, when I had called Aircel CC the IVR said talking to a CC executive would cost 50p/3Min but also said its free till May 10th.. Dont know the current status though...

All the operators started digging the hole in the subscribers pockets. :angry:

In maharashtra also idea started charging..

One of my frind(airtel user) said, u call on 198 instead of 121,

U get all info for free. saving 50p/3min

Or for offers call 12131

Even Vodafone will activate the same costs for their CC calls in Gujarat circle from the 20th of May !!!! looks like GSM players are again trying to collude with each other like their previous attempts to collude on SMS charges and other pricings.