Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yaji

Is It Possible To Use Blackberry Phones For Reliance Netconnect ?

Can anyone tell me whether Blackberry phones can be used for Reliance netconnect so that i can connect from my Laptop to the internet without subscribing to Blackberry plans ?

Official BB with Reliance yes Imported one no on CDMA

Well, Can we not use simple internet aswell from imported BB phones?

There should be a way out for sure!

Edited by SumitVerma

Official BB with Reliance yes Imported one no on CDMA

Reliance themselves said BB cannot be used for Reliance netconnect and only Blackberry services work on them for connecting to net. I want to connect to the net through Blackberry phone but without subscribing to blackberry service and just using the reliance netconnect.

read the forum again you will get your answers !!!

all info you want is already posted in 8830 section.

guys i have found out a way to get data on bb 8830 but only simple data not netconnect+

i am wusing it with my prepaid connection right now

read bb 8830 reviews and hacks pg no 19

you may be able ti find the answers for yourself

besties

:previous: :previous:

Hey Dude ...u have enable data on Reliacne CDMA , so able to browse thru BB browser ?? or only enable gps in CDMA mode ...do clarify

:previous: :previous:

Hey Dude ...u have enable data on Reliacne CDMA , so able to browse thru BB browser ?? or only enable gps in CDMA mode ...do clarify

i am able to browse using bb browser and any other service such as funambol, opera which do not require bis/bes

but gps is not working currently and i am working on it

• Like 1

:previous:

Thanks mate ...now i will also try as per the steps mentioned in ur post dude ...will share the outcome .. :)

guys the problem is now tht while on data mode with laptop my bb refuses to get charged at the same time ..though we fonund a device which can help in syncing and charging side by side but going by its cost it was too much....any one has a desi made method plz shed some light ..

here is the link to the device we found:blackberry cradle

regards

viper

my dear visit www.tether.com and download softwares for both pc and ur bb device. Then run the appliaction from phone as well as on pc, while connecting phone thru usb/bluetooth.

This software connects ur blackberry as a modem router instead of A dial-up modem and uses proxy and uses internally fed username/password from mobile to access internet.

I dont think while connecting this way u ll be facing simultaneous charging problem as mobile screen does not show "Connected as Modem " while connected to internet.

Edited by vikasmahajanz

firstly tht software u r telling is a paid software....secondly tht will use apn which means i will hv to use a gsm based data service in comparison to now which i m using with cdma.

thirdly a data cable which is tailor made to suit both the gsm as well as cdma is all together better in the long run rather than running the software on both the pc as well as my bb.

still i appreciate u looking into the matter and a hearty thanks to u for helping me out..even though for 7 days as site u referred is giving the trial for 7 days only.

^^^

It will work on CDMA as well as GSM.

Need to find way for using it more than 7 days.

hitesh bhai how do we get apn for net connect.??

if u have verizon BB than they supply software to use for netconnect with pc

• Like 1

if u have verizon BB than they supply software to use for netconnect with pc

bro u r not getting the problem....my problem is not the software to connect the net connect with the lappy....tht problem was solved by hitesh bhai long time back...

the problem is whn i m connecting the data to the bb the charging mode of the bb with the lappy is closed..so i cannot use the bb to acess data on my lappy for more than 3 hrs....

tether given by vikas bro is gud...but for tht i need to find the apn for relince data connection also the software is a trial based for 7 days....tht again will lead to trouble after 7 days.

i need solution for tht....

^^^ here's a solution for ur prob for 7 days, well u can also try tetherberry from http://rs820tl.rapidshare.com/files/363767577/1313076/Tether.rar This is full version with no limitation.

Alos i downloded tether software from getjar.com and downloaded pc software using bb8830 device software, that is still running , its more than 18 days i have been using tether software.

I just downloaded tetherberry and this is more easy to use than tether.

U need not to have any apn for reliance , ur 1x data should be activated. Thats it.

tetherberry not working....it says connection succesful.thn it says failed to write,,io error. :Equivocado:

i guess for the time being i dont hv much options... :NOTriste: other than to to use netconnect via DM

^^^^ but with me its working fine try to re-install and reset ur device. will work fine.

dont know why the hell both tether as well as tetherberry r giving problems...i hd thm reinstalled again n again ..and with much patience testing tht for abt one and a half hr..still no use.. :Equivocado: :Equivocado: :Equivocado:

guys any hardware which is locally made to charge as well as sync data will be more helpful than the software changes.....as thn DM can be used to connect to net without any problem just like we did in lg 2030.

plz gurus any suggestions .

regards

one more suggestion try connecting bb8830 with bluetooth dun modem for browsing and at same time it can be on charging also.

tried all things but as soon as the modem mode is enabled it stops charging at the same moment...

Is there any role of OS version in this. I am facing the same prob. I have OS 5.0

:previous: :previous: :previous:

update ur DM..once Dm gets updated to the latest version it will allow simultanous charging and data usage.