Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nir's

Reliance Ruim For Bsnl Evdo (Zte).

I got to know about BSNL EVDO 3 weeks back. I saw the demo and was amazed by the speed which was ~2mbps. Happily I bought it, while connected to my Laptop at my home guess what? I found I am hardly getting coverage in any of the room, my series of disoppointment started here.

No Coverage, No Speed and I paid almost Rs.3600 (non refundable)

I am so irritated with the speed I am getting, that I stopped using device in just 3 days. Then I come to know about Reliance netconnect. I have few question regarding the same.

1) The Bsnl EVDO ZTE device has empty RUIM card slot, can it be possible to use reliance netconnect by just buying RUIM card?

2) Does ZTE EVDO device is compatible for Reliance RUIM card?

3) Where can I get Reliance RUIM card? cost?

4) What settings in software needs to be done for reliance?

I am trying to save my 3600 bucks... Any help?

need to know the model number of that card !!!

then we can say something.

1x will work But EVDO will not Work in BSNL Card

^

why EVDO wont work in this?Hetal could you elaborate it more as I am planning to buy BSNL card for reliance EVDO.

Hi:

1)BSNL EVDO card has already a pre programmed number.Hence it would be impossible to use Reliance Card even though the slot is there.

2) The slot is there for voice services when enquired with BSNL they said that they would be supplying the card in the near future so that one can use evdo both n mobile as well as the data card.Also can make voice calls from PC.

3) If u want to use relaince's card then i think you would need to reprogram it.

4) The speed of BSNL EVDO depends on their tower location.Ifyou are located near the tower then ofcourse you will get good speeds both download as well as browsing.

5) Also people have experienced diminishing speeds when used with vista os. there are drivers for the vista os for evdo card which can be downloaded.

6) Currently BSNl is supplying ZTEAC*700 EVDO cards of RevA which allow upto 3.1Mbps.

Do let me know if you have any further queries about EVDO.

Sam007

I was asking same thing to hitesh, bsnl modem with reliance number,

@hetal

Why can't we use OMH card mobile sim in bsnl to get EVDO?

As per Reliance for EVDO access enabling EVDO plan is compulsory.

EVDO can be enabled, by one simple complaint to *355 in 12hrs on any mobile number

Just tell them that i am using CORBY speed

need to know the model number of that card !!!

then we can say something.

Hitesh,

Its ZTE EV-DO AC8700 800M, Can it be done for this card?

Hi:

1)BSNL EVDO card has already a pre programmed number.Hence it would be impossible to use Reliance Card even though the slot is there.

2) The slot is there for voice services when enquired with BSNL they said that they would be supplying the card in the near future so that one can use evdo both n mobile as well as the data card.Also can make voice calls from PC.

3) If u want to use relaince's card then i think you would need to reprogram it.

4) The speed of BSNL EVDO depends on their tower location.Ifyou are located near the tower then ofcourse you will get good speeds both download as well as browsing.

5) Also people have experienced diminishing speeds when used with vista os. there are drivers for the vista os for evdo card which can be downloaded.

6) Currently BSNl is supplying ZTEAC*700 EVDO cards of RevA which allow upto 3.1Mbps.

Do let me know if you have any further queries about EVDO.

Sam007

Sam,

Its really a very helpful reply, Can u please guide me regarding how to reprogram the card for reliance? I have ZTEAC8700 800M card.

Thanks for your quick reply.