Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
supernova

Samsung Guru 559

today i saw tha samsung advt. in a news daily

shows the fone@ 2090 Rs

I bought this phone today with 2050/-...It has good looks,good built quality,large & bright screen regarding to the prise segment,good & clear voice quality,good n/w power......I will post more pros & cons of this phone in near future...

At last on last sunday I purchased the above handset after my LG RD 2650 gave way after serving me for four years. I purchased the phone for Rs. 2100

The samsung CDMA B 559 is a pretty good handset (i am constantly comparing this to my previous LG RD 2650)

I got a standby of around 100 hours, along with 2 hrs of radio playback, and also 4 hrs of talktime over a period of a week. I still remember the pain of charging my 2650 every single day and sometimes two times a day to enjoy uninterrupted usage.

I have been using the samsung mostly in VIBRATE mode hence i feel that the battery backup is much lower than what is being advertised. Sound clarity is also good, but it is not as smooth when compared to Nokia GSM phones. But for the price, I would say it is great. Voice clarity is a great experience too. I can store around 1000 contacts in the phone. The phone has the USB charging port. It takes quite a long time to charge. The exact time I shall inform you after a few hours as I have just put my mobile for charging after a full discharge. It has features like VOICE RECORDER, FM RADIO RECORDER etc. When I recorded a FM clip, the memory status showed that I could record a total of around 12 minutes of clips.

It also sports a decent torchlight. Other features are standar like the calendar, calculator etc.

But one possible defect that i found is:

Suppose in a particular contact you store more than a single number, i.e. an office number and a mobile number. When that particular person calls, only the name is displayed and the number from which he is calling is not displayed. This feature was available in my LG.

NOTE: I have written this small review for the benefit of fellow rimwebians. If I have missed out any crucial points please inform me so that I can build up a comprehensive review. I have been using this phone for only a week.

Edited by vvinayakpai
  • Like 2

this phone is similar or copy cat of WHICH GSM handset from samsung,

So we get more claer picture

Thanks for your feedback on this phone. Does this phone have a stereo bluetooth capability ?

R u U expecting stereo bluetooth facility in 2000 Rs/- samsung cdma phone?..... It not has any connectivity option like bluetooth..it just has brew support...If u want a2dp enabled handset in lower price segment..go for any chineese craps or rebranded chineese craps with Indian company logo....but with those company u also can not able to get a2dp or even blutooth with 2000 price range...

Thanks for your feedback on this phone. Does this phone have a stereo bluetooth capability ?

R u U expecting stereo bluetooth facility in 2000 Rs/- samsung cdma phone?..... It not has any connectivity option like bluetooth..it just has brew support...If u want a2dp enabled handset in lower price segment..go for any chineese craps or rebranded chineese craps with Indian company logo....but with those company u also can not able to get a2dp or even blutooth with 2000 price range...

Thank you for your caustic comments. I was considering this phone to be around 3K hence asked that question. If you have studied enough can you please suggest me a good samsung CDMA phone with stereo bluetooth facility - I just want to hang on to reliance CDMA until number portability gets enabled. I don't want to change my number and my current Nokia 6265 is dying.

Regards,

Arun

• Like 1

I am planning to buy a RIM CDMA connection with a open market handset.. I am looking for such a handset but with a modem in this price range (Rs. 2500 - 3000).

Despite of GSM hype, R-CDMA seems to be great on internet(basic browsing) and voice clarity..

Let me know which other handset fits this criteria. Has anybody got to use Fly C250 (8 hrs talk time, with modem) ??

Also when I enquired for the same with a Web world near me, he told I need to purchase a Rs. 99 SIM from him, which can be used on such handsets and the not Rs. 25 SIM sold by shopkeepers, which can be used only in Reliance handsets.

How far this is true ?

Can anybody confirm If Reliance is taking away talk time automatically in CDMA as well like in GSM ??

Here are a few photographs of the phone. (Kindly execuse my poor photography skills )

post-21491-12717595636_thumb.jpg

post-21491-127175953778_thumb.jpg

Edited by vvinayakpai

A few more snaps. The main thing that attracted me towards this phone was the battery backup and the Red and Black finish. :)

post-21491-127175964204_thumb.jpg

post-21491-127175966362_thumb.jpg

Saket : from snaps, this looks similar to Samsung GSM E1080T handset. My friend has bought that. It is fine for the price and feature offered.

Vinayak: Such flaws are known to exist in Samsung basic handsets.. after all its not Nokia to be perfect even in basic handsets.. Samsung is popular to bring good features at low prices but always looses on such small but important things..

^^^ I agree with you friend.

End of the day Nokia is the king of GSM. But i really dont find any flaws when i consider the price I paid for it. It is a perfect phone for me and saves the ordeal of charging my phone each and every day

Friends, I bought Samsung Guru B559 CDMA handset for Rs. 2100/- (MRP written in box RS.2349/-). I think it is the best basic low cost OMH handset available in the Indian market.

It is not beautiful from front side, but looking good from sides and backside. The contour and shape is very good and also very easy to handle. The weight is also balanced centrally, will not tumble from hand. Display is average quality (comparing to LG 6300, is worse).

The key pad is rubbery, not beautiful, but the navigation key has some cuteness. All keys have sufficient size, easy to dial numbers and SMS. But while touching the key pad I have the feeling of “patting the outer rind of tortoise”. Have a bright (= sufficient to see small objects in night) torch light, can turn on & off by pressing the up key for 2 seconds. Build quality is satisfactory. No camera, have wireless FM. The FM signal capturing ability is awesome. Will work in poor signal strength fringe areas without any external antenna (=headset chord). I suggest the LG company to see how the Samsung people manufacturing wireless FM (in LG 6300 the FM radio is a toy, signal capturing capacity is very poor, will work only if we touch the phone in radio station's high power transmitter -only for a joke). The sound is sufficiently loud but average quality, here the LG people scores as their LG 6300 has awesome sound quality (but the price is Rs.4800/-) with 2.1 sound output (=2 speakers & 1 small woofer).

No memory card slot (in reliance web site says this phone has memory slot and support up to 8GB, it is a big lie), no blue tooth, no video play back. MP3 will play, but internal memory negligible, FM recording in MP3, but only about 11 minutes. Battery backup is very very good, get 5 or more days with moderate use and very better than LG6300 (I think the standby time is more than 300 hrs and the reliance web site again tells the lie). Not used the ‘brew’ applications, as it requires OMH sim. OMH symbol is given in the package box.

Another advantage in this phone is its signal capturing ability same as FM capturing, works well in fringe low strength signal areas. I tried Samsung guru 559, LG 6300, Motorola V3c, Fly V80i, ZTE C150 and Huawei 2900 handsets with Tata indicom sim (motorazr V3c is a non sim Tata indicom handset) in poor signal strength fringe area. Samsung guru gave me the best coverage and I am giving 10 out of 10, can communicate without any disturbance while Fly V80i and ZTE C150 shows “No Network”. In this test Mororazr V3c comes the second position, Huawei 2900 the third and LG 6300 the fourth.

Friends I suggesting this phone (if you needs only a basic phone) for good battery backup and good signal capturing capacity.

post-60936-035973200 1283331306_thumb.jp

post-60936-010234500 1283331346_thumb.jp

post-60936-060200500 1283331362_thumb.jp

post-60936-019695300 1283331378_thumb.jp

post-60936-077982400 1283331623_thumb.jp

post-60936-087406800 1283331639_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Purchased the phone 2 days back @ 1990 Rs

The phone is simply amazing....Guys .. For those who dont wana take the pain of frequent charging, this is the best handset available in Indian CDMA market.

Wat I like

1. The jumbo battery - I am using the phone for the last 2 days. Not even opened the seal of charger.(bcoz I wana drain out the whole battery charge) :Sorprendido: Still now the phone battery indicates a single bar :SI:

2.Good quality and Sturdy built body

3. Glossy black color

4.Good sound output

5 Good signal reception

6.Hexagonal navigation key

7. good sound quality in Ear phones (I have compared with my sennheiser 3.5mm through Samsung CORBY's Ear set. Samsung Ear phone delivers 90% quality of sennheiser )

8.Big screen

9.Cricket game

10.Auto changing wall paper

11. Customizing Key pad light. (You can set the time for keypad light ON/OFF)

12.Mobile tracker.

13. Good visibility in sunlight.

14. FM programme reminder

15. Good Torch Light

16.SMS blocking and Call Blocking facility

and lots

Wat I Dont like

1.FM recording memory is too short

2.The Funky red strips in sides and Speaker color

3.The Bulky design and weight.

4.Rubbery Key pad.

5.No direct mp3 ringer support (u can record FM clips and use as ring tones).

6.No Rworld support (need OMH sim).

• Like 1

Purchased the phone 2 days back @ 1990 Rs

The phone is simply amazing....Guys .. For those who dont wana take the pain of frequent charging, this is the best handset available in Indian CDMA market.

Wat I like

1. The jumbo battery - I am using the phone for the last 2 days. Not even opened the seal of charger.(bcoz I wana drain out the whole battery charge) :Sorprendido: Still now the phone battery indicates a single bar :SI:

2.Good quality and Sturdy built body

3. Glossy black color

4.Good sound output

5 Good signal reception

6.Hexagonal navigation key

7. good sound quality in Ear phones (I have compared with my sennheiser 3.5mm through Samsung CORBY's Ear set. Samsung Ear phone delivers 90% quality of sennheiser )

8.Big screen

9.Cricket game

10.Auto changing wall paper

11. Customizing Key pad light. (You can set the time for keypad light ON/OFF)

12.Mobile tracker.

13. Good visibility in sunlight.

14. FM programme reminder

15. Good Torch Light

16.SMS blocking and Call Blocking facility

and lots

Wat I Dont like

1.FM recording memory is too short

2.The Funky red strips in sides and Speaker color

3.The Bulky design and weight.

4.Rubbery Key pad.

5.No direct mp3 ringer support (u can record FM clips and use as ring tones).

6.No Rworld support (need OMH sim).

Best review.........

The jumbo battery - I am using the phone for the last 2 days. Not even opened the seal of charger.(bcoz I wana drain out the whole battery charge) :Sorprendido: Still now the phone battery indicates a single bar :SI:

Congrats on your new phone.

BTW, it is a bad idea to drain your new battery without fully charging it once.

Almost all packages carry this warning/instruction to charge your batteries fully before the first use.

Carrying two Gurus in your two pockets is a good idea. I use one GSM Guru for my BSNL connection. It is a nice phone vis-a-vis its price and features. And the CDMA one is good also as suggested here.

This is so strange!!!!!!! This is an excellent phone from Samsung and the best in clasee (in terms of the bettery) but still I have not come across even a single advertisement about this phone. Also, the worst part is that there is not even a mention about this model in their official CDMA india Website http://www.samsungcdma.in/

Any reasons for this other than poor marketing skills????????

Had used this phone for a week and found that the 1300mAh battery it carries to be extremely good :D The keypad may take some time to get used to. And as discussed above, every man on the streets claims its memory can be extended but let me tell you that you are pretty much struck up with the internal memory of 2.5mb which is really a let down :( Overall a good option to go for if you are looking at a entry level one.

Alternatively you can also check out the Samsung Muzik 219 phone which comes @ Rs.2900. It got 2gb external memory support, bluetooth, VGA cam and looks better too :)

This is so strange!!!!!!! This is an excellent phone from Samsung and the best in clasee (in terms of the bettery) but still I have not come across even a single advertisement about this phone. Also, the worst part is that there is not even a mention about this model in their official CDMA india Website http://www.samsungcdma.in/

:quest::quest::quest:

I think they discarded updating about CDMA handsets. :death: Their consumer electronics website which includes CDMA handsets is also not updated :devil:http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/index.idx?pagetype=type_p2& It is very bad from a reputed company like Samsung to keep mum about their new handsets and colourfully showing their obsolete handsets in their websites. Even the chinese rebranded mobile phone companies are updating their websites. :nerves: Please see the non popular brand fly mobile website http://www.flyphone.in/ Very interesting appearance and updating regularly.