Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Saurav

Which Is Better LG 6000 Or LG 6130

Which is better LG 6130 or LG 6000? I am thinking of changing my handset but finding it very difficult to choose between LG 6130 and 6000. Those who have seen these handsets or are using them please help me decide.

Ya I too planning to buy an LG 6130 or LG 6000. My first choice was LG6000 but unfourunately in my town WW said that this phone is not available even they were not aware with this model yet !!! and I needs the phone urgent so tommorrow I will buy the LG6130. today I gone to purchase it, but due the "Bandh" I couldn't buy it

Mahendra

anybody & everybody who is thinking of changing handsets think 100 times before doing that.

Because u still have a chance to QUIT reliance n shift to GSM which definitely is the better service, network,billing,without ownership issues,best handsets etc etc.

think before u leap.

Lemme add: NO yahoo integration, bad highway coverage, no SMS thru web, handsets, network & tariffs very SMS unfriendly, incoming SMSes beyond 140/160 characters will go into oblivion, handsets have poor battery life, rotten ringtones, very inflexible policies, latest features like Bluetooth, etc, not availabe in any handset, etc, etc...

Edited by raccoon

But there are advantages like FREE SMS to DAPO,always active network without a single call drop,free rworld,prepaid free rconnect,lowest std charges plans etc.DONT JUMP TO GSM.Think before you leap. :P

But there are advantages like FREE SMS to DAPO,always active network without a single call drop,free rworld,prepaid free rconnect,lowest std charges plans etc.DONT JUMP TO GSM.Think before you leap. :P

19886[/snapback]

Common...!! Is that all you got for Reliance, FREE sms :P Boy, you are paying an enormous rent of 440Bucks and paying thru teeth for calls . Why stick to DAPO when calling is free on prepaid. DAPO customers are always overbilled, if you dont believe, look at the amount of adjustments you have received, and also the no. of times you have gone to WW acting as a fool or worse calling the stupid CC.

Stick to reliance if you dont want high end handset and are ready to use prepaid. Do not upgrade your handsets unless you are a sentimental fool :thumb:

Video Streaming, Data Services, Voice Clarity.....Where do you find.....only with Reliance.

NO EEPROM, you are wrong on your assessment for DAPO.there is no other scheme in india which gives 40P/Min for STD.I make use of this maximum and even special messages to NDTV,AAJTAK etc are free under DAPO;whereas GSM users can only DREAM of it.SMS free in GSM is subject to "*Conditions Apply" whereas for DAPO its FREE.And Local landline calls are 1rs/Min. SO DAPO still Rocks. and Mind u even though reliance provides "LOW END"handsets, they are the only cheap (i mean damn cheap) handsets with 144Kbps DataSpeed.GSM USers are hooked still to GPRS which max gives 40Kbps in theory.My friend uses GPRS in his nokia 6100i,from airtel and gets hardly 20Kbps(2KBps).Only reliance started Mobile revolution in india by free incoming calls unconditionally :P

DAPO is one of the all time great schemes to come.... where else can u talk at 40 ps per min to ur same kind of cell ( i mean ex orange to orange).... FREE SMS... n 80 ps to other cells n 60 ps to land lines.... STD is amazing too... and NO ONE SAID ROAMING IS DAMN cheap with reliance... and btw 40 ps per min to rim thru out INDIA.... SO reliance DAPO is better than any GSM schemes HANDS down...

DAPO is one of the all time great schemes to come.... where else can u talk at 40 ps per min to ur same kind of cell ( i mean ex orange to orange).... FREE SMS... n 80 ps to other cells n 60 ps to land lines.... STD is amazing too... and NO ONE SAID ROAMING IS DAMN cheap with reliance... and btw 40 ps per min to rim thru out INDIA.... SO reliance DAPO is better than any GSM schemes HANDS down...

19895[/snapback]

hi all

no one can match the voice clarity of reliance

prawin

Chill guys! I would be glad if we had some comparison between 6130 n 6000

stop arguing over petty things of RIM!! :P

Very True Chirag,

We shouldn't 4get the past history of GSM players. its only RIM who had make cell in INDIA an item for common users otherwise, it was still a lucsury. Why we should 4get that GSM's past high charges and worst services

Agreed..! Dapo is good for SMS. But, there are ways to get Free SMS on GSM, forget national.. International..!! That too for a petty MMS rent. Now, this makes DAPO customers burn a bit.

Point two, NDTV, AAJTAK etc. are a temporary fad. Point 3, SMS is cumbersome.

NO EEPROM, you are wrong on your assessment for DAPO.there is no other scheme in india which gives 40P/Min for STD.I make use of this maximum and even special messages to NDTV,AAJTAK etc are free under DAPO;whereas GSM users can only DREAM of it.SMS free in GSM is subject to "*Conditions Apply" whereas for DAPO its FREE.And Local landline calls are 1rs/Min. SO DAPO still Rocks. and Mind u even though reliance provides "LOW END"handsets, they are the only cheap (i mean damn cheap) handsets with 144Kbps DataSpeed.GSM USers are hooked still to GPRS which max gives 40Kbps in theory.My friend uses GPRS in his nokia 6100i,from airtel and gets hardly 20Kbps(2KBps).Only reliance started Mobile revolution in india by free incoming calls unconditionally :(

19893[/snapback]

Coming to main point.

This is what I thought about LG 6000, when i saw it a few minutes ago..

Nothing compared to LG 6000. 256K color, 3.3mega pixel camera. Brew R

world with instant MMS. Spare battery, 250hours standby...!! and

3hours talk time. Beat that..!! Almost as good as Nokia 1100, and this

one is from Reliance. Yes, it has a different battery than the other

LG series. Group sms... Group mms. 30 downloadable ringtones. Can

store 30 MMS on the phone, you dont need R world every time..!!

Draw back.. its got a data cable of its own.. not the one for other

color series.

Worth it...!!!

Mr. Mod, this phone deserves an topic of its own...!!!

I was excited when DAPO started too, but in no time I realised the flaws and what I was missing.

6130 is definetely better than 6000. Reason

1. Instant MMS button. Can store 4 MMS on phone, rest on server. That is a first for RIM.

2. Its 30% cheaper.

ADVISE: Do not go for either. Both ****..!! They **** BIG TIME. Quit RIM, go GSM.

Chill guys! I would be glad if we had some comparison between 6130 n 6000

stop arguing over petty things of RIM!! :D

19901[/snapback]

LG RD 6000

262000 colour TFT display

Built-in high-resolution camera: 640x480 image resolution (approximate 310K pixels)

Brew 2.0 platform for R World

Native MMS

Large Phone Book with 500 entries

76 melodies - 32 Poly ringtones

In-built answering machine

LG RD 6130

Built-in high-resolution (VGA) camera with integrated Flash (approximate 300K pixels) and

Multishot

Bright 65000 Color STN display

Native MMS

Emergency Flash light

Speaker Phone

High speed data capability

Java platform for R World

Supports Hindi Menus and Hindi SMS

On the face of it, 6000 is the one that I would put my money on. Some of it's features are similar to 7230 and being a owner of 7230, I know what they mean.

For instance..the picture quality and screen display area...they are much better than 6130.The 6000 has 262K color TFT display.... it's counter part falls short on that. The in-built answering machine is a good feature when you are driving or are busy and cannot take a call. You can even record ur msg for others b4 they leave a msg (at least the 7230 has this function) 76 melodies -36 poly is another good feature for those who like to show off :grin:

The 6130...the features that caught my attention were: integrated flash, speaker phone and emergency flash light. The phone looks huge and bulky. Atleast I felt so when I saw it in person.

In a nutshell... if those of u who dont give much care for picture quality..but just want a ph that takes pictures..then go for 6130- its cheaper also. But for ppl like me... who are more interested in detailing...then 6000 makes sense. :P

that makes sense lokesh :D

continuing my point further..if those of you who are not so interested in the picture quality of the phone but just want a camera enabled phone..then I think Nokia 3205 is also a good option. Check its features out:

Integrated VGA Camera with self timer and photo caller id

4096 color display

User customizable template covers plus Template Cutter

Infrared Connectivity

Integrated FM Radio

Speaker Phone

Built in flashlight

16 Poly ringing tones (MIDI)

Download MIDI ringtones

User-changeable Xpress-on Front and Battery Templates

High speed data support

The features that I have marked bold... it makes it a viable option.

LG 6130 has a very bad keypad.

I have a LG6130, its a gr8 phone!!... the keypad is nice , not tht bad !!. Its easier to type and send messages(SMS/MMS/Emails, etc). I still got to use the r-connect on my so im not going to comment on the internet part right now.

The camera thing is ok (worth for 7000/- bucks, whereas, a nokia 3205 is costing us approx 10,000/- bucks).

I'm loving it !!

can we send and receive photos snapped by the camera in 6130/6000 to computer through data cable or we hav to do that through email only. i need some quick advise -_-

Edited by the_invincible