Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gagz

Sms outgoing problem

hi.. I am facing many problems with my LG 7310 handset. first of all, to send any sms, its a 3 step procedure. first error I get is " Message Failed " then by clicking on resend it gives me " Network error " and then finally once in a while it says message sent successfully. I have already got its software upgraded, as suggested by a person who called me, as a reply to my complain on *333.

one more thing.. many times I receive a blank message. its like I'll get the no from which the message has been sent, but the message would be blank except a with few weird characters :) . also the date n time stamp would be something like.. 11/23/22 3:00 AM.

now the greatest of all... I just switched off my handset n turned it back on... guess wat ?? my inbox got erased. it got empty.. haha :D

It has not even been 3 weeks since I have got the phone.. n this ****, I am already facing. I have already launched the complain 8 times.. n these ppl have not taken any damn action. everytime I hear this from them--> " we have checked it, theres no problem from our side. u pls ask ur friends to send u msgs n u too send n then see.." :rolleyes: I am really pissed off !! pls :help:

When GSM phone holder send sms to RIM then he must type entire sms in only english. if any char is of other lang (like in most nokia handset if u press button more then other lang char starting to type.) then u get that sms as blank. so tell your friends that they only send u pure english char..

For your other problem it is good if u personaly go to LG service station

or web world. for handset problem *333 is not much usefull.

if ppl type an SMS in T9 language... its perfectly fine... but there are certain characters used in International phones which are not read by these indianised Reliance phones like the characters in place of e,u etc...

But ur problem is something really different and it seems to be a Network problem as well as the handset problem. So first get ur Handset checked at a good LG Service Center or a LG Service Point for Level 2 towns

gags, let us knw frm which region u r, maybe someone whose been to one cud help u out..

Yup. Unfortunately, this is a recognised problem in LG 7130 handset. I have that handset too, and so does my sister, and so does my friends... After LOTS of complaining, a Mr Bhattacharya from the RIM technical division, Bombay, called me up and admitted as much. My guess is that it is because of the phone losing the network connection periodically... you'll notice that a period of non-sending is accompanied by a reduction of signal strength bars from 6 to 4. Also, try this- as soon as you get a message failed, exit and dial any number. You'll get a call failed error.

So what do I do? The company does not have balls enough to recall the handset or provide an equivalent software or hardware upgrade (that works satisfactorily, mind :D ). I have no option of upgrading the handset to something better, since the 'company policy' does not accomodate upgrading from the 7130 to the camera phone of Samsung, and no way in HELL am I gonna buy any other LG colour phone (the 7230, i mean) and the Samsung colour one (without camera) has a pathetic colour display (only 4096 colours).

I currently do this for sending SMS -

1) always choose the save option

2) after getting an error message, press the end key to exit

3) dial any number (I choose *333 as its free :rolleyes: ). Press end if the stupid kaliedoscopic display lasts for more than 2-3 seconds

4) repeat till the call successfully connects (and the signal bar jumps back to 6)

5) Send your (previously saved) SMS.

This procedure will last you for about 4-7 SMSes depending on your luck...

All in all, the 7130 is an EXTREMELY buggy handset, and you'll experience more problems along the way, ranging from those you've mentioned (blank SMS, deletion of inbox...) to really stupid ones like the phone restarting on its own, and starting up again even though you've just shut it down... what, do they have WINDOWS as the OS?? :)

The phone, I admit, is cool-looking. But it has taught me never to go by looks again.

What Reliance puts us through. *sigh*.

Edit: The Blank SMS problem, incidentally, occurs even from messages from 1234. Someone stop me from smashing my handset.

Ark that was something real concrete i shud say! Can we all make it a point to write to Reliance in their customer complaint form and request for an urgent upgrade to the 7130 software?? I think even if all of us take simply a min to copy and paste ARK's post in that form, we can get something atleast moving on RIM's part... what do u guys say?? Together all of us, overtime might be able to make a difference.

So wht if i dont own a 7130, I am sending my mail to reliance right away.. would u also follow me?? Can someone get LG CDMA's customer care email id for me too???

Just had a discussion with the LG CDMA service people. They said that the software upgrade would, at the max, 'reduce the SMS outgoing and incoming problems'. And then they kept the phone for the whole day for what is essentially a placebo update.

The problem is that if you complain to reliance, they say to go to LG, and LG people are woefully incomptent - the technical people admit the problem will not be solved (and say that proudly, and EXPECT us to be satisfied!) and the marketing people run around giving assurances that 'the problem will be rectified'. Nor will they upgrade the phone, even if i am willing to PAY for it!

I had the misfortune to go to the newly opened Reliance Customer Care centre in Hyderabad, which will now handle all complaints/ greivances from now on, reduing the purpose of the various webworlds to mere showcases. They gave me a token number and made me wait for an hour. Reminded me of government companies. (And I noticed just HOW many people have problems with Reliance). They just told me to get my software upgraded. Which, of course, didnt work. After that experience I have no energy left to go through it again. Maybe I'll upgrade it later, as the LG people hinted that reliance may come up with an upgradation scheme 'in a month or two'.

Stupid that Reliance continues to sell a defective handset (and with pride!) considering that since the service comes bundled with the handset, it is their OWN reputation they are spoiling. Not that they have much, of course.

this is the LG CDMA Mobile Website... and their email id listed there is helpline@lgmobiles.com .. I think this shud be working solely for CDMA handsets... can u prepare a list of probs in the handset in a real crisp manner such tht members from here can mail them abt this, and demand an urgent upgrade to the handset?

This was a PM

hi friends i am a new member in this forum from kerala.i also got 7130 and i just got its sw upgraded. no much changes have been seen from previous sw. previously the caller used to complain about feeble voice from the set and voice record did not work also(!!!feeble).

the sms trouble remains and the software is dated december 17 03.

.i went with great hope for an upgrade  and came back red  nothing changed other than mic prob. now voice is clearer for the caller but still feeble in recording and all.. by the way wats that record facility for ? any idea?

anyone got the idea how much memory does the fone have?

any methods for downloading custom ringtones????

vingan

well Vingan, I absolutely have no clue to this.. maybe someone here whose using one would tell u abt it....

hi,Vingan

the recording option is to record your custom answering machine greeting and the message to be broadcast while you put your phone in driving mode. One more thing in the phone book entry you can record 10 different voice rings and assign it to 10 different entries or n nos. of entries.

Regards,

Danny

Hi Vingan,

Can you tell us that what is the Phone info displaying the version of the Software on the LG RD7130 phone after upgrade. you can press menu then phone settings and then phone info to view the software version. Mine orignally software version which had come with the new phone in Dec is showing as RD713i12 . Please sms me if you can on 02231096686

Regards,

Danny

the software version after upgrade is RD713f16. :clap:

well i had a set of problems after the software upgrade stuff which is here

1) after the upgrade, the phone started hanging

2) It reboots whenever i will read an sms after some time after i receive it

3) It reboots sometime when i use rworld

4) Battery life became shorter

5) Phone is buggier

6) Pc sync software loads two same numbers when tried to reflash the phone book from sync manager.

and here the story begins again

:blink:

after the software updgrade, i went to RWW trichur and complained that the fone is giving me headaches

as ususal they told again go to service centre and replace mother board of fone.

i went a did that. again there was no change in the problem

i again went to them and they told that they cannot replace the handset in any case and only repair it.

i got furious and i warned them for appraoaching the consumer court.

they didnt bother either and i went to service station again and got the mother board replaced again.

NOTHING HAPPENED :P;):grin:

when i gave the fone at service station at zenicon in ernakulam, they damaged my battery. that is when i got the fone back, the battery pack was shaking even after a firm insert to its slot.

i got this rectified today at another service centre and i got the batter replaced.

I called up the main incharge in marketing for lg mobiles in kerala at kochi and he was more cooperative and he replaced me the handset with a new one as he understood there was bit of problems with the handset.

after i changed both the batteries, the fone works fine but the sms problems are the same

the lg main person said there is an incompatibility issue with mms with the fone and reliance network and so the sms trouble and told me the handset sms system works fine and reliance nw is buggy for that.

after all these things, what i observed in RD7130 was a set of design faults from LG

they are

1) Incompatible SMS routine to reliance Network as MMS has not yet been started by reliance (MMS only through rworld)

2) The fone battery contacts does not make a firm connection with the mother board internally. this results in reboots

3) The fones battery contact plating is very bad and over a time it gets worn and it restarts the fone at times when higher current is ****ed from the battery by the mother board, for example when data transfer happens. over a time, the battery contact becomes bad and creates hell lot of reboots

4) There is a deisgn bug in the fone casing where there is a joint between upper and lower casing. older fones develop scratches between these casings at the junction.

5) there are two spots on both sides of digit 5 in keypad. these spots damage the LCD screen and make two corresponding pit like structures on the screen over time

6) The fourway navigation key is embossed more and it makes another mark in round shape in the screen very soon in usage

7) Battery contacts to the charger also wear out sometimes even with good care.

:):confuse:

More on the way as i discover more and more bugs

reliance buys fones in bulk

so LG also did not care about quality

thats obivious ^_^:P

Just to add to the list of problems - most of which I am already facing

External Display does not turn off sometimes for no apparent reason - Drains power.

If there is no signal - then External and sometimes even internal display lights up.

Apart from the routine Network Error - sometimes - In fact many a time - Two sms are sent (It's Ok as far as SMS are free though) :D

Backlight constantly flickers at times - in Dark mode.

Signal strength always lower compared 2030 and any other RIM handset.

Rarely and randomly though - I recieve calls with info "Incomming Call" Nothing mentioned about calling number etc and these calls cannot be answered and only option is to press the End button. I see on the dispay - Rejecting Call.... - Phone gets locked - and keeps ringing relentlessly - Only option now is to remove the battery. I have once confirmed that the call was from a land line and the other party said that I recieved the call - after that they could hear nothing from me .

This happens if a call arrives soon after diconnecting from R-Connect and Data cable still connected.

If phone is not used for more than a day or two then soft keys need a double-click initially to function (may be a contact problem).

Ringtones are too faint to be audible but for most silent surroundings.

Voice clarity much inferior compared to 2030.

when sms comes sometimes, or during rworld connections, it hangs the phone. only way to come out from these errors are to remove battery and place it back.

to remove battery and place it back.

This is like a universal shortcut way these LG Service Center dudes have found! :clap: "sir pls remove the battery and put it back and now reboot the phone". Its like switching off the PC from the mains without shutting it down properly! Ought to hamper the fone!

hai guys,

i wrote to the chairman regarding the sms outgoing problem. a person from LG spoke to me and got all the details about the problem. when i told him that all the phones in this model have this problem he did not accept that. he called me later to tell me that he would change the motherboard of the phone. this will be done in two days. hope the problem is solved.

has anyone got this problem solved?

i wuld like to update on this.....

the motherboard was changed with no change in the problem status, though the phone booted fast this time. i reported as such to the lg people and they offered to replace the handset with a new model. they offered me 5130 which i rejected and told them i wanted only a fliptype model. so they have replaced the handset with 7230 now. i got the handset on saturday. hope this has no sms problems.

i want the usb data cable for this model. is the cable from the rimweb shopping ok for photo transfer? do anyone have the original datatcable and willing to give me one? my no. is 9362024113.