Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
joe_ubs

Is Reliance Gsm Taking Apple Iphone Gprs Users For A Ride?

Reliance GSM GPRS setting for Apple iphone

it is very easy, in the settings-> general --> cellular date networks -->

apn name = rcomnet no other setting is needed.

switch 3G off and data roaming off.

but before subscribing to a GPRS plan please do read the following customer experience.

I, had subscribed for Reliance GPRS 299 unlimited browsing and unlimited download plan on March 4, 2010 & started using internet on my Apple iphone. I was shocked to see my bill now where in Rs 1400+ and 299 have been billed towards GPRS Charges as well as unlimited GPRS plan. I contacted the customer care for waiver of these 1400/- as i have subscribed to unlimited plans. Reliance customer care informed me that since apple Iphone has not been registered in the Reliance Phone database, so they will treat apple iphone as a computer and hence will continue to charge me GPRS charges even with unlimited plan! Is this not unfair on the part of the Reliance to charge me for net usage on my apple iphone at the same even with an unlimited plan. I have a same GPRS plan from vodafone & Airtel on my another apple iphone sets and i am being charged correctly without any additional charge. High Net Individuals please check all this before going in for a Reliance GSM connection. Anyways, if you are feeling cheated already, have patience wait till may 2010, then have your number ported to a better service provider like Airtel. I am also keeping my number 8000000048 on low usage till this happens.

• Like 1

very bad yaar

Go through this post http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/24211-reliance-unlimited-rs-99-299-offer-clarification/

Rs 99/- and Rs 299/- vouchers can be used only for connecting net via rcomwap APN. rcomnet is chargeable Rs 0.60/- per min irrespective of plan.

• Like 1

can u plz tell me how to configure gprs setting on iphone. and reliance people are saying that they cannot activate gprs on iphone. how did u manage to do so....thanks

Hi Joe,

I could not connect Reliance GPRS/EDGE for Iphone 3G please help me to get the settings to connect to the net without issues.

Reliance GSM GPRS setting for Apple iphone

it is very easy, in the settings-> general --> cellular date networks -->

apn name = rcomnet no other setting is needed.

switch 3G off and data roaming off.

but before subscribing to a GPRS plan please do read the following customer experience.

I, had subscribed for Reliance GPRS 299 unlimited browsing and unlimited download plan on March 4, 2010 & started using internet on my Apple iphone. I was shocked to see my bill now where in Rs 1400+ and 299 have been billed towards GPRS Charges as well as unlimited GPRS plan. I contacted the customer care for waiver of these 1400/- as i have subscribed to unlimited plans. Reliance customer care informed me that since apple Iphone has not been registered in the Reliance Phone database, so they will treat apple iphone as a computer and hence will continue to charge me GPRS charges even with unlimited plan! Is this not unfair on the part of the Reliance to charge me for net usage on my apple iphone at the same even with an unlimited plan. I have a same GPRS plan from vodafone & Airtel on my another apple iphone sets and i am being charged correctly without any additional charge. High Net Individuals please check all this before going in for a Reliance GSM connection. Anyways, if you are feeling cheated already, have patience wait till may 2010, then have your number ported to a better service provider like Airtel. I am also keeping my number 8000000048 on low usage till this happens.

thanks, joe for the help, I was trying this for quite some time, reliance was not able to help me. the customer care of reliance is a bull****.

In Iphone there is no setting to change apn you have to search on net to find a software which can bypass iphone settings to change ipn there is some software called "summerboard" and/or "winterboard" that will do the needful

My brother had iphone 4 and he recharged with 95 vodafone recherge but cc told that it will not work for iphone and he has to pay 100 Rs to activate GPRS and then pay 5p/10kb to surf.

He searched on net and found these softwares and now using 95 recharge with 2gb to the fullest

How to add APN settings on iPhone?, well iPhones may be carrier and data locked and hence in some apn or cellular data editing does not appear!!

It is simple now, just connect your iPhone to Internet using wifi, go to the site unlockit.co.nz, rest is self explanatory there, add rcomnet to manually to apn name, leave all else as it is and install the profile!

Hope that helps!

For iphone GSM vodaphone GPRS settings, As of now the beSt connection is Vodafone prepaid, just take a prepaid sim, recharge for 100/-, dial *444*96#, set apn setting manually as www or just go to unlockit.co.nz ( use wifi ) and that's it! Unlimited (subject to fair usage etc) this iPhone settings work for GSM Vodafone GPRS postpaid too! But plan costs around 399, which gets activated by sending act gprs399 to 111