Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
raju_a

Unlimited Internet On Blackberry - Browsing on BB Vs Windows Mobile phone

Hi

I am planning to subscribe Aircel's Unlimited pocket internet connection. If anyone has used it kindly share your experience here in terms of Browsing on BB Vs WinMo phone and Speed of Aircel connection.

bb browser is worst....u ll not b able to download anything in one attempt..(i hv experience on 8830 dont know abt others)

but due to trackball n best keyboard u ll find it good...

You can always download third party browsers like Opera & Bolt for PC like browsing. So browsing is not an issue on BB.

Edited by anuragz

previous.gifyeah but for downloading smthng like songs or games or anything it ll redirect u to original browser n there the problems start...

Even though you can use third party browser in a BlackBerry, the default browser will open when you click on links in email. Yes, the default browser in BlackBerry OS 4.2/4.5 is no good if you compare with Windows Mobile OS.

also install a WMTorrent on WinMo device and download via torrent ,,, gr8 software for winmo

but no one can beat BB mail service

Edited by ::Hitesh::

previous.gifyeah but for downloading smthng like songs or games or anything it ll redirect u to original browser n there the problems start...

If u browse & search in Bolt website, u will find that they have an application which when installed makes Bolt as your default browser. I could not install it on my BB as it showed some module missing error moreover I have 4.2 os installed on my BB & I don't want to mess with it.

But techies out there can try installing this bolt application & share their experiences with us. :GirandoOjos: :GirandoOjos:

Thanks guys but also wanted to know browsing experience using Aircel's unlimited plan in terms of speed, signal strength etc.

raju

one of my rimweb freind told me that aircel s**ks at data speeds in mumbai

better to go with airtel or tata docomo as they offer similar data plan

Hey Raju sharing my personal experience with Aircel ...for browsing its not that much good ...& very poor data Speed although proper signal strength .i will suggest go for Docomo or Airtel or Voda as they are Edge enabled so u ll get good speed on browsing .

Another most important Annoying Fact of Aircel is u get very frequent service Pop up with very disturbing noice of Session Cost & Session Duration . It was not there on Docomo or Airtel prepaid .

@ Muff,

Do airtel or Voda or DOCOMO have similar plans as Aircel 99 Unlimited

It will probably vary depending on the location where you are now. I got the best speed on Aircel GPRS than AirTel and Reliance GSM in Trivandrum.

@ Muff,

Do airtel or Voda or DOCOMO have similar plans as Aircel 99 Unlimited

In Mumbai Voda rocks & den Airtel & Docomo even they also have unlimited plan with 2Gb/4Gb FUP in 98 rs only

I don't know how many of you have noticed this - but for last one month or may be more, I am experiencing worst speeds in Airtel.

I used to get an average speed of 20-25 KBps. Now I get a max of 4-5 during the day time. I complaint about it.

I told them, I am using tata docomo as well and I get 7-8 times more speed than Airtel. They registered a complaint.

THen an executive called me up and said that we have issues in all the BTS across India. But I have a gut feeling -

they have reduced their speed after launching Rs 99/ 2GB pack. s**ks!! Tata Docomo rocks for me! Also bought BSNL 3G sim today.

Will update about my experience in coming days.

By the way, I am located in Trivandrum.

Can anyone do a mobile internet speed test ( dslreports) and confirm their EDGE speed for Airtel?

:previous: :previous:

Hey dude u can refer to below rim web link for Airtel's Edge speed in Mumbai tested by Gauravjc rim web member ..

Airtel Edge

atleast in my area airtel edge s**ks big time

i always get far far better speeds on vodafone edge

my reliance 1x is also more faster than airtel edge , may be in other regions airtel must be best , but for my use it s**ks

:previous:

That's the only problem of Airtel ..it's coverage is very area specific .... even i have also experienced the same ... :(

But Voda has good n/w in entire Mumbai ....

Here in Delhi, Aircel pocket internet has very slow download speed, so much that it is not at all usable in most areas. Airtel is also not very good during the working hours of 9:00 AM to 7PM. Reliance GSM is the worst of the lot, but then the RGSM was always a dead-on-arrival kind of service. Vodafone is a bit better among the lot. I guess these 2G networks are just not meant for regular data usage particularly during the day.

In Delhi nothing beats MTNL 3G. On a Nokia N95, I get speeds of about 1 mbps with good pings to servers in the USA. On prepaid I pay about Rs 1/MB (i.e. 1 paise per 10KB) download. So it is a bit costlier compared with Aircel or Airtel but once you get used to it, you will not want to go back to a 2G networks for data.

I think MTNL also has 3G network up and running in Mumbai. So that is worth a try.

Edited by starnet

yes mtnl has 3G in mumbai

and there are plans ike 1GB free usage on 495 rs recharge

But sirji ..the main point .....will mtln 3g will work on BB ??? :confuse: :confuse:

^^^

3G not there is 8830

^^^

3G not there is 8830

Sirji woh to muje bhi pata hai ...but will mtln's gprs will work in BB 8830 that's a big question like R-GSM gprs is not working ..as it requires proxy settings ....

If gprs is thru proxy then it will not work on 8830, as there is not place to put proxy in this phone

i have told this several times in this thread

proxy based wap wont work in gsm as no pace to feed proxy settings

there is only one way and that is if someone makes a service book with mtnl proxy settings