Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Can We Use Bl5C Battery In Nokia 6265 ?

I am not getting BL6c battery for my Nokia 6265. Most of the shops recommends BL5c instead of BL6c..

Can i use BL5c in 6265? any technical problem ?

Also is there any difference in capacity (mAh) for BL5c and BL6c ??

Edited by savramesh

only physical problem may come !

if it fits in your battery compartment and battery door fits perfectly, then do GO for it !!

Edited by ::Hitesh::

BL6C is higher capacity battery , BL5C fits right in its place no issues...

What is the rating of BL-6C. The newer BL-5Cs are slightly above 1000 mAh.

While it may not cause any apparent problem Nokia advices the use of only recommended batteries. Nokia will wash its hands off the warranty too, if use of non-standard batts/accessories are suspected.

I have tried this once.. No problem in using BL-5C in place of BL-6C phone.. You can fill the gap b/w battery and cover by keeping some piece of folded papers b/w them...

Rating of BL-5C is 1020mAh and that of BL-6C is 1150mAh..

thanks for all comments..

btw original BL-5C cost is Rs.470 here in my town..

Edited by savramesh

I was able to get an original BL6C last year from eBay, no hassles. First I got a Jaipur vendor, and the packet arrived without the battery. Got a refund through Paisa Pay. The got another chap (I think Mumbai) and the battery came by Blue Dart. Original, no problems.

Try eBay.in

@ savramesh

Just bought a new BL6c for 6275.

It costed me 1000/=

I bought it from Nokia care guys and they told me you can even go for BL5c but battery wont last much!

Edited by SumitVerma

Have a new original BL5CA battery which i got as a replacement to my damaged Nokia 1200 battery.

Any takers for the battery???

I was able to get an original BL6C last year from eBay, no hassles. First I got a Jaipur vendor, and the packet arrived without the battery. Got a refund through Paisa Pay. The got another chap (I think Mumbai) and the battery came by Blue Dart. Original, no problems.

Try eBay.in

Yes, there are sellers on ebay selling BL-5c starting from Rs. 333. Some of them are without the original packing. No personal experience with them though. Buying thru Nokia Care will be most expensive. There are shops here that sell it for slightly above Rs. 350 (in original packing). Check the hologram for those dashes and all carefully. It seems Nokia has stopped the SMS/web verification of battery numbers, so hologram is the only way to check now.

I need a BL-5CA for Nokia 1112, but it seems Nokia is now recommending BL-5C for it, and it higher capacity than BL-5CA. Funny thing is that if you buy thru Nokia Care, the cost works out to close to half the cost of a new equivalent handset (Nokia 1203)!!! So don't know if I should replace the phone or the battery...confused.gif

^^^

Racoon just look one post up, he is selling battery u wanted,

Also one of my friend have found duplicate hologram on BL5c battery purchased from local market, saying its original.

hologram looks very original, but after verification on it serial number, battery found to be duplicate. so beware of the duplicate holograms.

also there are some OEM battery for just Rs250, works full day with 2-3 hr talk, better to go for OEM over duplicate batteries.

• Like 1

^

+1

Indeed a very good suggestion!

^^^

Racoon just look one post up, he is selling battery u wanted,

Also one of my friend have found duplicate hologram on BL5c battery purchased from local market, saying its original.

hologram looks very original, but after verification on it serial number, battery found to be duplicate. so beware of the duplicate holograms.

also there are some OEM battery for just Rs250, works full day with 2-3 hr talk, better to go for OEM over duplicate batteries.

Which post? Do you mean on Rimweb.in or ebay.in?

About your friend's purchase - does the hologram pass all the tests mentioned by nokia? Can you see the 1, 2, 3 and 4 dashes when viewd from the four directions and the handshake plus logo, etc?

And where did he verify the serial number? The service is not working on the Nokia site. I even contacted Nokia about it, and they say it will no longer be possible to verify serial numbers, so holograms will be the only way. Furthermore, they asked me to buy only from Priority Dealers, to ensure genuine stuff. Not an option of course, given the significantly higher prices. I'd prefer to replace the phone, rather than the battery, in that case.

By OEM batteries do you mean they are genuine Nokia batteries? Does that mean BL-5C has different variants? confused.gif

Btw, I'm very disappointed with Nokias. Even the batts give up so soon. 2 Moto batteries which are equally old have seen hardly any degradation in performance, and the Nokia is on the verge of needing replacement. Heck, even my old LG RD2030 battery is STILL better than the Nokia!

As for using duplicate batts, I never use such stuff unless there is a very compelling reason to do so. But heck, given the quality/durability of original Nokia stuff, I won't be surprised if even some of the duplicate stuff is better than Nokia. unsure.gif

Edited by raccoon