Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alok

New Nokia Cdma Handsets

yeah i am waiting impatiently for the 625 but it would cost a fortune but i guess i am tired of samsungs and GTRAN and now i need the quality, and durability of NOKIA

NOkia is fast losing its quality and durabliity dear.i have a friend who recently brought a 1100 from priority dealer.its Software crashed 3 times within a month :wub:

NOkia is fast losing its quality and durabliity dear

20260[/snapback]

So true! look at the Original NOKIA handsets these days! Their external material qualities and internal s/ws are going below standards now! Possibly they r trying to tap the lower-end of the market and thats whts helping them lower costs, lower prices, n lower standards!

personaly, Nokia s ucks dude...ADVERTISING is what works the magic for them - not the actual content...

do u remember the bent_neck-speaker_phone ad that was all over the tv sometime ago? my old panasonic phone has had the speaker_phone facility for over 5 YEARS !!! and NOW, nokia comes up with the "all_new"speaker_phone with a big bang ad, and we all listen !!! THATS the power of advertising, i guess.

they got this big monopoly thing going( in india atleast) and its VERY unhealthy for the customers AND the market.

take this for instance....and correct me if im wrong - the lowest priced Nokia model with bluetooth_enabled is that 'Engage'(again, great AD)thing right ? costs ~ Rs.17,000. Sony erricson, on the otherhand has bluetooth enabled phones startin @ ~Rs. 4700.

:wub: Now what the **** is this ? do u see whats happening? - if we DONT have another company like SE (or anyother, for that matter) TO COMPARE WITH, then what would we,the customers think ? we end up assuming 'oh ok , so then 17000 IS the price u gotta pay if we want bluetooth tech'....right ?

monopoly can do s hit like this, guys. u c what im saying right ?

im sorry if i'd veered off_topic, i jus wanted to take it out on Nokia.... :)

ps: nokia does have some great phones - all the symbian_tech models are gorgeous...but again, its the cost Vs price thing that puts me off

i used 5110 whenit was probably the most common handset, then i had 3330 for an year and so. then i switched over to reliance and used samsung SCH for a year, then i shifted to GTRAN, and to be very honest and most of u will agree on this, Nokia was and is the most user friendly handset. dont u see how difficult it is to find numbers from the directory, sending multiple sms, saving numbers and the battery, god save me form all these phones with lousy batteries. blue tooth and all is fine but i need a phone that has easy to use basic functions, I can compromise on luxuries but the basic functions should be good and that is waht nokia provides. thats my opinion at least

point is - 'bluetooth and all' CAN be made 'basic functions'...thats what SE has done...(bluetooth is standard even in entry_level SE phones) and thats what Nokia wont do....they dont HAVE too, u see....i mean when they got 90% market share with whatever crap they already have, then why would they HAVE to ?

First i am not an advocate of nokia, i used the phones and described my experiences which were quite good. And to quote solitary examples of people having found out a problem witha certain phone, i can probably recount more examples of my friends with motorola and sony than probably nokia. Of course monoply has its disadvantages for the consumers, but how about pressing 5-6 keys to find a phone number from your phone book and even greater number for saving one, not to mention the ages these handsets take to send multiple SMS s(though it has something to do with service provider as well). It is here i feel, that nokia scores over others and as i said before my assessment was based on my own experience which was quite satisfactory with nokia phones, and as far as other mobile companies are concerned, they were always there namely seimens, alcatel, philips and motorola to name a few, even ericsson was ther as well, hope u remeber all those fancy phones ericsson had. There is no doubt that competition in the market is going to be beneficial for all of us, as reliance has shown all of us, but as every product has its own bright points bundled with the flaws i believe that nokia does score over its competitors in certain respects.

Well . . I differ on the opinion on Nokia. I feel it's the user friendly features and "choice of features and phones" that's keeping them going. In almost every case you would find a Nokia phone that would suit your need right from entry level users to business users and gadget freaks.

And Redshift, while I agree on the delay from Nokia on speakerphone front, just compare the quality of lowest cost Nokia speakerphone 2300 against speakerphone on any similar priced panasonic phone and you will know the difference.

Not that I favour Nokia handsets on each count but I don't feel it's only their marketing that is getting them big market share.

And of course once you have a brand name, you can and should demand some premium at least.

Regards

UD

Nokia is best on any ground u choose its my personal experience, i have seen almost every handsets as been in this handsets business. and ya good quality never comes in cheap. user friendlyness apart durability is uncomparable. they just lacking in LCD as samsung eating their customer on better display.

take this for instance....and correct me if im wrong - the lowest priced Nokia model with bluetooth_enabled is that 'Engage'(again, great AD)thing right ? costs ~ Rs.17,000. Sony erricson, on the otherhand has bluetooth enabled phones startin @ ~Rs. 4700

i think the n-gage is 10k.

i want to go 4 the n6255 only bcoz of the bluetooth.

i think itll be the 1st cdma phone in india with bluetooth.

correction here.... read today on the papers - nokia, the market leader in india, has a 45% market share....not the 90% i had said....my fault...also about the price of ngage.

looks like the monopoly is gettin er...diluted...

Heavy prices compared to LG :)