Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Verizon HTC Incredible - The Beefed Up CDMA Nexus 1

What I miss from my Hero -

1. Hardware keys of call and end keys.

2. Trackball; sounds surprising, but I am yet to get used to this optical trackpad.

3. Speaker quality sounds little lower than Hero.----- edited sound quality is higher on Incredible

4. Battery life also seems a tad lower

What I like over my Hero -

1. The AMOLED screen is just gorgeous

2. Pinch to zoom surpasses all expectations

3. Browsing is a near PC experience now

4. Speed

5. Revamped Sense UI interface and 2.1 is just delicious

6. Voice Typing is one feature alone you can go for 2.1 OS; It worked very well with my accent. It works in SMS, CHAT, Translation, everywhere...

Tester Notes:

FM Radio does not work very well in fringe areas like Faridabad from Delhi...

I have received the Nexus One pouch from ebay hong kong and it fits just perfectly and neoprene is also good

Camera is yet to be tested

Basic inter-operatebility between android devices is remarkable and transition is very smooth; you hardly feel any sweat changing devices

Edited by dkaile

Some Screen Shots -

note the clouds on first homescreen (it replicates actual weather on screen);

post-18748-127504854746_thumb.png post-18748-127504854922_thumb.png post-18748-127504855072_thumb.png post-18748-127504855712_thumb.png

post-18748-127504856119_thumb.png post-18748-127504856504_thumb.png post-18748-127504856896_thumb.png post-18748-127504857034_thumb.png

post-18748-127504857163_thumb.png post-18748-127504867272_thumb.png post-18748-127504867898_thumb.png post-18748-127504868308_thumb.png

post-18748-127504868806_thumb.png post-18748-127504869597_thumb.png post-18748-127504870162_thumb.png post-18748-127504955143_thumb.png

Edited by dkaile

:previous:

Nice screens.

Yup, the cloud effect is on Android 2.1 as well as I see on HTC Hero now

previous.gif

Impresive !!!

DK, good going bhai... even im enjoying my screen effects.. ;)

^

Chalo On to hua tumhara Incredible...

The Mini USB to Micro USB Converter is working perfectly with the Incredible... So now my original UT Starcom Mini USB Car Charger is ONCE AGAIN fully useful with the Incredible and charging perfectly. This will work with any Mini USB charger in emergency situations...

Edited by dkaile

^^^ good find... will buy one.. :)

Nexus 1 Pouch for Incredible - fits perfectly - buy here (the android logo one)

Photo taken by Incredible but at very low light (hence flash fired)

post-18748-127522870375_thumb.jpg

Edited by dkaile

That Android Logo Looks Nice !

EDITED - PLS REFER TO POST 123

Wireless tethering on Incredible is possible only using 3rd party programs like PDANet as of now... Direct Mobile Broadband Connect is not possible as of now due to its setting being locked to Verizon; You need to download VZAcess Manager to get the HTC Modem driver and HTC ADB Driver for tethering, but it still didnt let me connect with sam1; so as of now 3rd party softwares (PDANet) is only option and working PERFECTLY...

UPDATE:

Success, I started Mobile Broadband Connect directly also; The modem drivers that VZAccessManager installs (download here, download feeding any 10 digit no. with initial 6 digits 0) for Windows XP/Vista/7 -- the VZAccess executable will install the drivers when it first runs before launching its installshield runtime. No need to continue and install the actual software. We can now can use our built in PPP dialers once they set up the right USB connection parameters to detect the phone as a modem.

Method-

First Connect Incredible and Tick the Mobile Broadband Connect option under settings-wireless and network. It should now get detected as a new htc modem on some port if you followed the above steps correctly to get the modem driver from VZAccessManager. Then, go to Control Panel-Network and Sharing Centre and Setup new connection or connection and setup new dial-up connection with no. as #777 and your username and password corresponding to your reliance data plan and you will get connected immediately...

Enjoy...

Edited by dkaile

Image Quality of Incredible -

(No changes were made in default settings except reduction in size from 8MP to 800pixels)

Meri Dhanno

post-18748-127527784046_thumb.jpg

Full Size Image - here

Edited by dkaile

^^^ good quality pictures... even im happy with the camera quality of the incre... :)

^

Yup, its goodbye to my digital camera now....

Tester's Note:

Single press on anywhere on screen in camera mode focuses on that particular spot; long press clicks the image immediately, no need to press the optical trackpad to take photo...

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

^^^

Gadi ka number to badhiya hai 9999 !

Good photo!

Nexus 1 Pouch for Incredible - fits perfectly - buy here (the android logo one)

post-18748-127522870375_thumb.jpg

Offtopic, I bought the same product from the same user.

post-1653-12753198013_thumb.jpg

post-1653-127531990807_thumb.jpg

Does the stitch at the bottom of the pouch look like this or is it just my piece that was faulty?

not at all

ur seems faulty

@mvp

now that u mention it, mine looks similar to urs from bottom; LOL.... but I dont think its faulty...

First Things to do upon receiving your Incredible -

1. Setup your Google, Facebook and Twitter Syncs

2. Immediately configure your keyboard to your touch style from Menu-Settings-Language & keyboard-Touch Input-Text Input-Calibration Tool ; This exercise immediately enhances your touch input and results in less typing errors.

3. Change Facebook and Twitter Sync settings from 1/2 hours to 12/24 hours; This greatly improves battery performance

4. Download good useful Google Applications from Market like Google sky Map, Google Goggles, Google Buzz, Google Earth, Google Translate, Linda Manager, PdaNet (for tethering), Skype Mobile (currently in process), TextEdit etc.

5. Immediately cover it with a good screen guard and use a nice pouch to protect it

6. Copy your choicest music to your sd card and put ur trimmed ringtones in sdcard/media/audio and here create 3 directories - alarms, notifications and ringtones; and put ur desired sounds in the desired directory; Now it will show up in your settings and you can set as per your convenience.

7. Update your favorites in contacts and set Favorites Widget on one of the 7 homepages

8. Change Storage directory of your photos to sd card from Internal memory. BTW the photos on Internal phone memory is visible through Astro File Manger at this location - /emmc/DCIM/100MEDIA directory where the emmc refers to your phones internal memory

Edited by dkaile

Seidio Introduces 1750 mah battery for the Incredible without bulking the phone.

Source

I wish same comes out for the EVO soon enough.

5. Immediately cover it with a good screen guard and use a nice pouch to protect it

Doesn't the screen guard hinder the touch/gestures for capacitive screens ? I haven't put anything on my PRE, should i put one ? Which brand ?

^

A good quality one doesnt hinder anything and is a must to protect such big screens from scratches.... I took the cheapest bulk deal on ebay and bought 10 for our incredibles; turned out to be very good quality and perfect fit.... explore a little on ebay...

Tethering on Incredible (Internet Sharing/Using phone as modem) -

As you all know that these bloody buggers at Verizon/HTC have not included the modem driver in the HTC Sync application for reasons best known to them, we have extracted the drivers from the Verizon Access manager application for your benefit -

Step 1: Reprogramming your phone

• from your phone, dial ##pst (##778) - Press Call
  • click "edit mode"
  • enter security code 000000
  • scroll down to M.IP Settings
  • change MIP Mode to Simple IP only
  • hit back
  • scroll down to Security
  • change the "HDR AN AUTH User Id (LONG) to "sam1/any other proper reliance username"
  • change the "HDR AN AUTH Password (LONG) to "password/any other proper reliance password"
  • change the "PPP User Id to "sam1/any other proper reliance username"
  • change the "PPP Password to "password/any other proper reliance password"
  • change the "S.IP DUN Username to "password/any other proper reliance password"
  • hit back
  • press menu, choose "Commit Modifications."
  • The phone will power cycle.

Step 2 - Computer Setup
  • Download Drivers: http://rapidshare.co...r_v2.12.0.0.exe - (WModem_Driver_Installer_v2.12.0.0) - (Extracted from VZAM Setup)
  • run Setup WModem_Driver_Installer_v2.12.0.0.exe
  • Next, plug your phone in to the computer. Let windows take care of the driver installation.
  • Per your version of windows, you'll need to set up a manual dial-up networking connection. Settings you'll need:

Phone Number: #777 Username: "<your phone number> or any other proper reliance username" Password: "matching proper reliance password"

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

^^^

y not simply use cracked lastest version of pdanet

its simple

it allows bluetooth DUN as well

plus it gives ability to send / recieve sms straight away from pc all the while u connected to pc

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IVY214DU

Edited by Mufaddal
  • Like 2

^

thanks for this Muffi... I was hesitant of using pdanet only because it was paid... LOL... now that u hv given solution, we can use it trouble free and also access secure websites which was available only on paid version...

Update;

I am loving my flawless Incredible... has people OOH AAHing everywhere I go... its completely overshadowed my friends iphones who seem to think they had the best device in the world till they SAW THIS; LOVED THEIR JAW DROPS.... lol ... Camera quality of 8MP is fantastic and pinch to zoom on the beautiful OLED screen is simply to be seen to be believed...

Edited by dkaile