Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Verizon HTC Incredible - The Beefed Up CDMA Nexus 1

^

Bluetooth does that seamlessly for me on my dell studio 15 with windows 7 64bit and Incredible... what problem are you facing in that?

Would you please tell how exactly are you doing that?

I don't see any option to send files via bluetooth or any specific program on my laptop to use my built-in bluetooth service!

P.S. I already have bluetooth activated both on laptop and incredible

^^ If in Windows 7 then just Right Click on the bluetooth icon in notification area of task bar (right hand bottom - you may have to click the arrow type of thing to show all icons) and select send files OR receive files OR add device (to pair your handset) etc.

If you don't have the BT icon then go into control panel and click on it or check if the WiFi/BT switch is on in the laptop. Also check your start menu, depending on the BT stack & app installed sometimes the icon is not there in control panel but in start menu.

Remember that some phones will only do a 4 digit pin for pairing in which case its better to start pairing from the phone handset (as win7 will generate a big 8 digit alphanumeric pin if you start pairing from laptop)

If you are on XP also the same process should work but its been nearly 2 years since i used XP so i am not very sure.

^

detect and put in trusted devices in both phone and pc... then onwards I have been able to send files by 1 click...

HTC DROID Incredible to be updated to Froyo end of July, early August - OTA Halted for Froyo Update Instead...

We just received a juicy tip about the HTC DROID Incredible software update schedule that we'd like to share. One of our strategically placed Ninjas was kind enough to pass along an email from HTC that read as follows:

I wanted to pass along that the upcoming Incredible MR will also include Froyo (originally it was going to be two separate MRs).

We are targeting the end of the month/first part of August. As a reminder, below are the highlights:

• Froyo
  • 802.11 n
  • 3G Mobile Hot Spot
  • HTC Widget: Email
  • HTC Widget: News
  • EAS Updates
  • 720p Video Recording
  • Amazon MP3

Obviously, the news here is that the Incredible
will — in all likelihood — be halted, and a sexier, Froyo-inclusive update will be pushed out in the coming weeks. The update will also include 802.11n Wi-Fi support, 3G Mobile Hot Spot, 720p video recording, and more. Not bad news for Incredible owners. What do you think? Is Android 2.2 worth an extra few weeks of waiting?

Edited by dkaile

Using the Froyo and everything works fine

^^^

camera not working in foryo builds

Obviously, the news here is that the Incredible update that began rolling out this weekend will — in all likelihood — be halted, and a sexier, Froyo-inclusive update will be pushed out in the coming weeks. The update will also include 802.11n Wi-Fi support, 3G Mobile Hot Spot, 720p video recording, and more. Not bad news for Incredible owners. What do you think? Is Android 2.2 worth an extra few weeks of waiting? =

Cool !

@Dhiraj & Amitabh:

Thanks again for early reply. Well, I found that there were problem switching on bluetooth adapters on my laptop and got a fix for it here.

Am now able to send files to my incredible via BT! :)

Finally on HTC Incredible...

It's been more than 1 month , but still city ID is not deactivated - phone still shows calls from Pakistan and Poland. BTW I've also rooted. Kindly suggest solutions.

regards

anantharaman

hmmmm I thought it would get deactivated after 15 days

@ananth001 - I hope you remembered to say No when it asked to continue or deactivate after 15 days. If you are rooted you can remove the CityID.apk from tutorials given in Hero topic and many other places -

15.Now you are rooted and can uninstall city id, etc

/* City ID */

/system/bin/rm /system/app/CityID.apk

Code:

adb shell

su

/system/bin/cat /system/bin/sh > /system/bin/su

/system/bin/chmod 4777 /system/bin/su

to get rid of city id do this

Code:

/system/bin/rm /system/app/CityID.apk

choose reboot from the menu and Your phone will now reboot and you will have removed city id

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

Finally on HTC Incredible...

It's been more than 1 month , but still city ID is not deactivated - phone still shows calls from Pakistan and Poland. BTW I've also rooted. Kindly suggest solutions.

regards

anantharaman

I am having the same problem ...

The other day my wife asked me "Who is this Kavita calling from Afganisthan? hmm?"

LOL !!

^

I donno why you people are facing this issue? Maybe you have rooted thats why.. (as I havent, till date ... LOL)... I am waiting for the anticipated OTA before going in for rooting... in non rooted Incredibles, I got a message after 15 days, saying that the trial period was over; do you wish to extend by paying so and so... I said NO... since then it hasnt surfaced...

just use advance task killer

and kill city id at startup

^^ even if you kill cityid at the start, it comes back as soon as you make/receive a call..

^^ even if you kill cityid at the start, it comes back as soon as you make/receive a call..

it never did for me

when i kill it at startup i dont get calling from pakistan afghanistan etc............

Good link ananth... +1

@muffy, lagta hain mera incre mujhe marna chahta hain.. but now since the 15 days period is over, I dont get calls from 'israel, afghanistan'... peace...

I got the CallerID pop up yesterday (i.e. after 15 days) and I selected "No" and it doesn't show the weird locations now. Yes, the service is running in the background though.

Froyo for HTC Incredible leaked

Incredible-Froyo.jpg

Just in case all you Droid Incredible owners were jealous of the Galaxy S Froyo leak I wrote about earlier, I thought I’d better let you know that you can has Froyo, too.

Those wonderful guys n gals over at XDA Forumshave managed to source a ROM based on the upcoming OTA release for the Droid Incredible, and it’s a wee ripper, with additions including:

a new Gmail app with Copy & Paste (yay!)

HTC Flashlight

FM Radio widget

Calculator widget

SMS widget

Sync all widget

Profile widgets

3g mobile hotspot

Genie widget (I don’t actually know what this is)

App sharing program

updated Messaging app

720p recording

Flash mode on camcorder

…and more.

And, as it’s pretty much the final build, it’s as stable as you could expect it to be. Take that, Galaxy S owners!

Full instructions are in the link I posted above. You’ll need Radio 2.x and above for it to work, though. Luckily enough, there are instruction for that, too.

• Like 1

i am already running leaked froyo 2.2 on my Incredible

mast rom , didnt come across any fallicies , also very stable , full features available

plus root

Dear Friends

I need epst.apk for incredible. Seems like mine is corrupted for some reason because now ##778 does nothing. Can someone with root pull out this file and post. Also I did find epst.apk from hero thread on androidforum but I am not sure whether that would work, so Gurus if you could help...:confuse:.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there need help with my incredible when ever i dial a international nos on incredible by adding 00 in the front but once i hit the dial button the phone dials + sign in the front without the 0 and dials . I have tried everything but it still does the same please advice.