Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Verizon HTC Incredible - The Beefed Up CDMA Nexus 1

Thanx Hitesh bhai.

I've upgraded to Froyo 2.2 on my Incredible, as per steps mentioned in the post. No issues found. But it's really sad that we can't get EVDO on a beauty like Incredible, though people with a crap like the Corby have EVDO.

regards

Ananth

Hi there need help with my incredible when ever i dial a international nos on incredible by adding 00 in the front but once i hit the dial button the phone dials + sign in the front without the 0 and dials . I have tried everything but it still does the same please advice.

See:

^^^ Arun, I tried both the methods which you have mentioned in the post (of yours and DK's, though both are same), but I still have the same problem which anand desai has... when i dial 00 it automatically calls as +, and the call doesnt get through.. I have tried calling UK, the problem still persists... didnt try for any other country...

Dear Friends

I need epst.apk for incredible. Seems like mine is corrupted for some reason because now ##778 does nothing. Can someone with root pull out this file and post. Also I did find epst.apk from hero thread on androidforum but I am not sure whether that would work, so Gurus if you could help...:confuse:.

Thanks in advance.

can you go to settings about phone and check your prl version

does your prl version show as '00000"

also did u update ur radio ??

:previous:

I am on stock rom rooted, on stock radio (NOT updated my radio)

PRL is 00005 and ERI 5. I remmember having changed EVRC to EVRC-b as recommended by DK and

I am able to access my NETWORK settings through qpst!!, But would like to have EPST ##778 back as it allowed me easier option to access them and edit.

I tried *228 but got error "programming failed" which suggests EPST.apk is corrupt.

Checked under settings>applications>manage applications>EPST it shows with 0 BYTES and nothing else.

Another observation Version of EPST through task manager is 2.1 update 1, BUT in settings>applications>>EPST>about the version is 7 !!?? is that OK?

:confuse:

Edited by topgnat

EVRC-B se kuch nahi hota...This is what I feel...

Dkaile Ji aap hi iske fayde batao...

same here

i also never found any difference with evrc b

its more of a placebo effect

nothing will improve voice call quality unless voice comes on evdo

which will be coming soon , and we will be first to try it now !!! :Contento:

Edited by Mufaddal

WOW... BUT how soon would that soon be...??

Voice on EVDO should mean 3G data?? or I am expecting too much

Last time that was hinted on this thread was long back...

Hope we get it soon

So is there a way to get back EPST.apk working without factory reset?

Doc could you pull out EPST.apk from system if that will help... (sorry that does sound demanding!!)

Does this mean we'l be getting evdo data on imported sets?

same here

i also never found any difference with evrc b

its more of a placebo effect

nothing will improve voice call quality unless voice comes on evdo

which will be coming soon , and we will be first to try it now !!! :Contento:

^^

No No No

@muffi - kindly stop these kinds of speculations...

EVRC-B have Higher Compression so it dont improove qulity in normal Traffi but if you Range is too low it can COmpression good number of voice sample into smaller pakcet and send improovig overall quality in congested area. Reliance is EVRC-B compatible.

@muf

EVDO = EVolution Data Only means it carry only Data Connection / Internet it can not carry voice and SMS

1x is always required for Voice and SMS.

i dont know whether this has been posted before or not.. cnet comparison between incredible and droid x.. dont be surprise to see who won...

Video from cnet

Edited by csmart

Hi,

Can somebody please help me on how to configure Rworld Proxy Setting on the incredible? I have already tried the anycut / proxy setting method. It doesn't work.

Thanks in Advance.

Anycut / Proxy method works perfectly in both 1.5 to 2.1 roms.... You must be doing something wrong... BTW who needs/uses Rworld... Just a waste of time and money...

Dhirajbhai,

Thanks for your reply. I have been using this same method for quite some time with my Hero & it worked, but with the Incredible it is not working.

BTW I use proxy setting for the HDFC banking application in Rworld (Otherwise who needs Rworld....).

See If you can help.

Regards,

Anycut / Proxy method works perfectly in both 1.5 to 2.1 roms.... You must be doing something wrong... BTW who needs/uses Rworld... Just a waste of time and money...

since last 10-12 days, the Photo-SMS is not sync. from my Nexus to GMAIL A/c. which was working perfectly good in past, so can anyone suggest me what can be error in that?

Dhirajbhai,

Thanks for your reply. I have been using this same method for quite some time with my Hero & it worked, but with the Incredible it is not working.

BTW I use proxy setting for the HDFC banking application in Rworld (Otherwise who needs Rworld....).

See If you can help.

Regards,

Why dont you use the browser directly and go into HDFC site and use its full fledge application rather than using the wap based Rworld one. I am using for SBI and ICICI directly from the browser on my Incredible, just like I would on my PC... and am getting FULL FUNCTIONS...

since last 10-12 days, the Photo-SMS is not sync. from my Nexus to GMAIL A/c. which was working perfectly good in past, so can anyone suggest me what can be error in that?

Kepal, maybe its happened once you upgraded to 2.2 Froyo... some apps may still not be compatible with 2.2...

Was just reading about the new 'Tablet-PC - IPad killer' (DELL Streak)

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/06/dell-streak-review/

Makes me feel snug I got the Incredible :)

Edited by n_iceman

^^^ Khabardaaar, Incredible ke baare mein kuch kaha toh.. DK aur baaki ki IPL team tumhe nahi chodegi.. (on a joking note)...

BTW, dell ko yaha India mein aane mein abhi bahut waqt hain... until then enjoy the Incredible... Its one of the sweetest and robust phones including everything one needs of and doesnt need off (I am still not using even 10% of the phones ability ;) )

^^^ Khabardaaar, Incredible ke baare mein kuch kaha toh.. DK aur baaki ki IPL team tumhe nahi chodegi.. (on a joking note)...

BTW, dell ko yaha India mein aane mein abhi bahut waqt hain... until then enjoy the Incredible... Its one of the sweetest and robust phones including everything one needs of and doesnt need off (I am still not using even 10% of the phones ability ;) )

Bhai ..BHai ... BHaiiiiiiii

Arrey ... Main bhi aapke team hoon Bhai ...

By 'snug' I meant "comfortable" and happy !

Our Incredible already has everything which this Dell things is proposing to come out with a bang .....

INCREDIBLE ROCKS !!!

er..except for the 3G aspect of course !! haha

Found an Incredible to play with.

1. Size isnt appealing at all to me, thank god I made the right decision to opt EVO over it.

2. there is a "LOT" of gap between the capacitive glass and display which irritates while using.

@Vishalbhai, was just joking yaar.. lets take it this way... My post was for everybody who says they dont like incre.. :Riendo:

@Sumitbhai, Sabko apni 'bhais' hi achi lagti hain. Lol.. EVO has its own advantages, the biggest being the screen size... If it were in the US, then 4g also is an advantage.. But I am sure you must be enjoying the EVO to the fullest.. ;)

^^^

lol kunal rightly said

EVO = BHAIS :Contento:

BTW

i didnt understand about too much gap between capacitive screen a display concept??

^

You Misunderstood him dear. " Sabko Apni Bhais Achi Lagti Hai "

And about that screen thing, just tilt your phone and see how deep is the gap as compared to that of other screens.

I feel the same issue with Plasma over LCD