Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Verizon HTC Incredible - The Beefed Up CDMA Nexus 1

^^^

i know what he said

but what he said also was very correct coz for we ipl guys evo = bhais

i was just putting other side of coin

the gap is no issue at all , we dont tilt our phones and use .....do we??

u will never even notice this is ur normal use

Hi. I'm new to this forum. I am not a very technical person hence some of my questions below. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

I'm looking to get the HTC Incredible, and use it on the Reliance CDMA network, and wanted to get some information on a few things before spending the princely sum on it. It looks like an awesome phone and I am keen on getting it.

- Is the only thing that I have to do is make sure that the phone I get from the US works here in India is that it has a clean ESN? Anything esle?

- Since I am looking to get the Incredible from the US (with a clean ESN) would I be able to use Reliance's Netconnect Broadband (3.1mbps down/1.8 up) with this phone? According the HTC website the phone has the required radios to support this capability. I hope that as long as I request Reliance to enable this feature on my account I'll be able to use this.

- Would I be able to use the GPS/AGPS that is a feature of the phone/os on the Reliance network?

- The phone comes with Android 2.1 and HTC has said that they will release an update to Android 2.2 sometime this year. If Verizon releases this update via OTA is there a way to manually (I guess that means downloading the update and then installing it) install this update since the phone will be "off" the Verizon network? Or am I better off waiting for the update to be released and then buying an already updated phone?

- Anything else I should we aware of, as in limitations, when getting the phone and using it on Reliance?

- Is there an import/grey/etc... market here in India where I can get this phone, rather than getting it via the US?

I guess in short what I am asking is will the phone function with all it's features here in India on Reliance as it does on Verizon in the US.

Thanks for any help and information

gjp.

No, you will be able to use 1x only for data (max 144 kbps) and not EVDO/NetConnect Broadband+

All others features and upgrade (manually) will work.

I would suggest you to go through the Buy-Sell forum and look for offers on it by other sellers as you can't get it activated through Reliance if you import it directly.

- Since I am looking to get the Incredible from the US (with a clean ESN) would I be able to use Reliance's Netconnect Broadband (3.1mbps down/1.8 up) with this phone? According the HTC website the phone has the required radios to support this capability. I hope that as long as I request Reliance to enable this feature on my account I'll be able to use this.

gjp.

:confuse::Ohhhh:

Dear Arun,

thanks for the info.

this is unfortunate that EVDO will not be enabled on the phone. that was one of the very appealing features of paying the price for the phone. is this becuase Reliance won't allow it, or is this because of some hardware issues? i am assuming there is no way to get this enabled/working? i was considering to the get the Galaxy i899 which has EVDO enabled but the Incredible has much much better hardware....

also, if i were to import the phone myself (i have relatives/friends going back-n-fro to the US quite often) could i have someone "flash" the phone for me to work on Reliance? i could probably buy a used Incredible in the US for very reduced priced compared to a new one.

thank,

gjp

It isn't a hardware limitation but EVDO needs additional parameters that can be done through Reliance's end only; they won't even allow the connection to be activated through their side. If you need to use EVDO with Reliance then you need to buy the handset from Reliance.

If you have someone to do "it" for you then its fine, else find a deal in the Buy/Sell forum and buy handset from the seller.

@ghanshyam

mail me

Hi,

How can I use Google Navigation on my incredible? Like we used the Brut maps in Hero.....

same way

as hero

just load new brut maps and u good to go

plus its intergrated with places app also

full enjoyment !!

Thanks for your reply. I have tried that but it says that maps already exists & cannot install it or even uninstall it. how do i remove the orginal map from the phone so that i can install the cracked one.

Regards,

same way

as hero

just load new brut maps and u good to go

plus its intergrated with places app also

full enjoyment !!

just read this entire thread post to post... back to back... and now the incredibly excruciating wait begins... the last mile in India is always a heartbreaker

Am thoroughly enjoying my incredible and cannot thank Sadik bhai enough for bringing this beast to me. I am having two issue with my Incredible:

• If my incredible is in my jeans pocket and it rings, when i take it our from my pocket, the screen turns unresponsive. I am not able to answer/reject the call. I finally have to press the power button to turn off the screen and once again to turn the screen on. But due to this my phone call gets missed and I have to call the person back. this causes a big inconvenience.
  • After switching on the 1x data, when I try to switch it off by long pressing the Power button and choosing to switch off the "Mobile Connection", the data connection does not turn off. I finally have to restart my phone to turn off the data connection. Is there some other way to turn the data connection off?

request the gurus to please help me with these issues.

Also, is there any news about the HTC's Froyo update. It was supposed to be out on 18th of this month i guess.

Thanks

Manuj

[*] After switching on the 1x data, when I try to switch it off by long pressing the Power button and choosing to switch off the "Mobile Connection", the data connection does not turn off. I finally have to restart my phone to turn off the data connection. Is there some other way to turn the data connection off?

You can download a widget from the market for turning on/off the Mobile Connection. It takes only 1x1 space on the Home Screen. Very Very convenient.

Also consider 'Multi-Icon widget' to quadruple ur Homescreen size.

Hi everyone.

Thought I'd pass something along that I just read on engadget.com. It seems like the official release of Froyo for the Incredible it finally coming out...

"The revolving door: Froyo for Droid Incredible coming tomorrow"

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/26/the-revolving-door-froyo-for-droid-incredible-leaks-as-froyo-fo/

regards

i am already using the latest version of froyo rom on my incredible since yesterday

i already was using stable 1/8 leaked version , and now loaded this

all i good , its been a month i am using froyo on incredible , no issues , no bugs , i even forgot its a leaked rom , its as good as final release rom

Rooters rock !!

still u have time , just run unrevoke forever and load 2.2 roms

u wont go back to 2.1

hey all you htc incredible users out there need info, recently i notticed that i can hear a kir kir distortion noise on high volume in my htc incredible when i am listening to music or watching videos from the speaker of incredible, i think so the speaker is spoilt or something,can anyone help or if you can tell me is there by any chance we can replace the speaker??????

hi all

I've come back to stock 2.1 from the leaked 8/1 Froyo 2.2 leak - via the downgrade thread posted in XDA. Once back on stock, I've rooted again and

s-off'd. But even after downgrade my hboot is .79 and not .77. Is this a concern for upgrade to stock 2.2 Froyo?

Also do I need to install 'PB31IMG.zip' again , now that I have rooted again and applied s-off?

thanks and regards

ananth

^^^ I am also facing the same problem since the past few weeks.. I feel there is some problem in the speaker.. The only option would be to change the speaker... and I do not know where do they do it.. Once you know someone, do let me know as well..

I am facing strange problem, whenever 1x data is working I can't get incoming calls, my phone is gives busy tone to caller.

Is any one else facing. this problem, any solutions??

:previous:

on 1x eveybody faces this problem nothing new crying.gif

because 1x is for voice & text, if we use data it is like using voice so it gets engage tone

I am facing strange problem, whenever 1x data is working I can't get incoming calls, my phone is gives busy tone to caller.

Is any one else facing. this problem, any solutions??

This problem is not strange, its a one for drawback of CDMA, when 1x data is used phone cannot get voice calls, 

thanks guys for help/info..

also, is it possible to install froyo (2.2) i have just purchased the phone from cellwala trading.

if yes, can any one please brief me the details. i am totally new to Android.

for info my phone is rooted, if this helps

Any help please

Edited by dda

any body for help... today i received the OTA update notification for froyo 2.2... i tried to update but update did not go through..

is there a way to update manually.

^

u lucky b... switch on wifi and then try to install; it should go through...