Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Verizon HTC Incredible - The Beefed Up CDMA Nexus 1

Hi

I have the HTC Incredible (bought from Sadik bhai exactly one yr back).

Suddenly today all the data on the phone got erased (maybe some stupid app) and the phone was behaving very funny; so I hard-reset the phone. Big mistake.

Although now I have my contacts back on the phone (from a backup), no calls are going thru.

Fortunately, it is a *228 enabled phone (thanks to Sadik bhai).

When I dial *228, the voice says "Your phone has already been activated" and proceeds to give my correct mobile number.

But nothing happens after that, and I am still not able to make calls.

I think I need to do some sort of 'programming' for it to work again; but I don't know what to do.

****Somebody please help****

Thanks in advance.

:previous:

You need to restore your MIN on the handset.

• Like 1

LOL i had the same problem, and got it solved today. Dont worry. Its not a big problem.

Do the following..

Go to any web world near your place.

Tell them that your phone is acting funny. No calls or SMS.

Show them that when you dial *228, it says "phone is already been activated" but you cant make or receive calls.

They will file a complain, give them your alternate mobile number.

After few hours you will receive a call from network department in Mubai.

They will ask you to dial *228, and Voila... your phone will be up and running.

Gud luck.

PS: After getting your voice/sms on. Please let me know how you gonna solve your Data part :D coz i cant :(

PS: After activating your phone calls, take a backup of your NAM1 settings using CDMA Workshop.

Guide to which is posted by Harishmahesh http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/29968-guide-for-radio-reprogramming-eb13-radio-reset-solution/

Edited by abhi.r
  • Like 1

@abhir - hint - u need to create data dump file and load it through cdma workshop to get data working

• Like 1

Yes DK bhai, I did the same.

After that I posted the QPST screenshots yesterday on Epic thread.

There you can see that my MDN and HSR id is written successfully.

Still dunno why data not working.

LOL i had the same problem, and got it solved today. Dont worry. Its not a big problem.

Do the following..

Go to any web world near your place.

Tell them that your phone is acting funny. No calls or SMS.

Show them that when you dial *228, it says "phone is already been activated" but you cant make or receive calls.

They will file a complain, give them your alternate mobile number.

After few hours you will receive a call from network department in Mubai.

They will ask you to dial *228, and Voila... your phone will be up and running.

Gud luck.

Thanks Abhi/Tushar. I was desperate to get my phone working, so I googled around a bit. Fortunately I also had my MEID and ESN number (whatever they mean) written somewhere in my notebook. So I entered settings and changed it appropriately. Now I am able to make and receive calls. But there is only one thing out of place, there is a small triangle above the Signal Bars in the notification area. I wonder what the triangle signifies?

@Vishal - This triangle shows that you don't have the correct PRL and the phone is in roaming. Change your PRL using QPST.

@Abhi, Its the best wayout to correctly configure your data settings using data dump th CDMA WS as said by Dhiraj sir.

Edited by tarun_kabra

how to create dump file? maybe my source of creating dump file is incorrect.

meid.mobile5.in/aspx/ppp_hdr.aspx

PPP un and pw = your 10 digit mdn; nothing else for 1x data; make full dump

Arre dhijar bhai. maine wahin se apna dump create kia tha. still it dint work.

let me try again omitting HSR username/pswd this time. with only mdn parameters.

Nope didnt worked :(

is it possible that 1X data is disabled from backend?

should i call customer care about it? would it help?

Edited by abhi.r

DualRomX2 Allows For Five Simultaneous ROMs on Droid Incredible Sorprendido.gif

Source

DrIncDualRom.jpg

The Verizon HTC Droid Incredible might be a bit outdated being more than a year old now but thanks to the community there's always something new and fresh to flash on to your good old phone for a new experience. With DualRomX2 you no longer need to flash a ROM in order to test it out.

How about having a total number of five ROMs loaded simultaneously on your Droid Incredible? How? DualRomX2 is a tool which allows you to have four ROMs on emmc in addition to the one being loaded on the phone. The application uses the phone as an installer so instead of flashing a ROM in order to try it out you can just load it with DualRomX2 and save a lot of time. The process is a medium difficulty one, nothing you can't handle or your Droid Incredible won't deserve. For a list of working ROMs as well as instructions plus a lot of information and feedback, check out the source link over at XDA Developers.

Source: XDA Developers

Via: AndroidSpin

• Like 1

wow best news i hv heard since getting an incredible

Lot of Cutom Rom with Gingerbread are already there

yeah.. have used many incl. CM7 ... some even with Sense 3.0... but still i prefer stock rom over custom rom..

waiting for it.. :Sorprendido:

Just updated my DInc to Gingerbread through the leaked RUU update. Everything's up and running fine. Though haven't noticed any significant changes till now. The only problem I am facing after update is that all my facebook contact phone nos. have been appended with '+91' at the start. Due to this I am not able to dial the nos directly without deleting '+91'; from the start.

Has anybody else also faced this problem. Please guide me as to how can I rectify this.

Link for the update http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/08/26/exclusive-download-official-gingerbread-build-for-the-htc-droid-incredible/

Thanks

Manuj Gupta

• Like 1

Disable prefix in assisted dialing.

This problem seems to be there in the leaked RUU

Have already done that. The problem is only with facebook contacts. When I link any of my contact with their facebook profile it replaces their no which starts with '098xxxxxxxx' with '+9198xxxxxxxx'. As a result I am hen unable to make a call to them. However, if I de-link the contact with their facebook profile, then the phone book shows their no as '098xxxxxxxx'.

Thanks

Manuj Gupta

That's something which is a facebook account issue. Not phone specific...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Right, that is the format in which Facebook stores the number

^^^^^ use prefixer a software in android Market to convert number on the go when u dial. There are good examples in site where u can configure to replace +91 to 0 or 0091 to 0 or any other even it can add 0 to all no of 9xxxxxxxxx (10 digit).

• Like 2

Won't it get reverted when Facebook contacts sync?

• Like 1

Thanks Vinay,

Prefixer does the job fine

It is a good permanent solution to remove the +91 issue with CDMA phones

Just updated my DInc to Gingerbread through the leaked RUU update. Everything's up and running fine. Though haven't noticed any significant changes till now. The only problem I am facing after update is that all my facebook contact phone nos. have been appended with '+91' at the start. Due to this I am not able to dial the nos directly without deleting '+91'; from the start.

Has anybody else also faced this problem. Please guide me as to how can I rectify this.

Link for the update http://www.androidpo...oid-incredible/

Thanks

Manuj Gupta

+1 Thanks for the update link I was desperately waiting for the 2.3 update however, i guess you did the following

• Download this file (Mirror) (MD5: 096d841530dd2f223ef4a1b701c7d429)
  • Rename the file to PB31IMG.zip
  • Drop it on the root of the SD Card

• Restart your phone and hold down the volume down button.
    The phone should pick up the update and ask if you want to install it.
    Say yes and watch it load for a bit. (this covers the last two points)
  • Boot into the bootloader
  • Flash as usual

Now all i want to know is whether your phone is rooted or you have it on S off or S on. I guess you should also notice some improvement in battery and speed as per the user comments on that link... Please enlighten so that I can too update it.