Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
retro182

Blackberry 9650 Cdma/gsm Launched

The Blackberry 9650 with trackpad and WIFI has finally been launched in USA. Doeas any one know when will it officially be launched in India?

Also the Awesome Blakberry Pearl 3G is also alunched today.

Great to hear that most awaited phone(Bold 9650) in the Blackberry history is finally launched officially.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrybold/bold_specifications.jsp

:clap: :clap:

Since this phone has aroused so much expectation, the speculations has been very high from last november.

The same is captered through the posts in the following thread. Ealier it was assumed to be named as Tour 2.

Screen_shot_2010-05-03_at_1_49_07_PM.png

The CDMA world phone BlackBerry Bold 9650 just got its approval by the FCC, which means that the device is one step closer to launch. The device was already announced at WES by Research in Motion and so far, Sprint has signed on for the device with an official launch coming on May 23 for $200 on contract and after rebates. The Bold 9650 will replace the BlackBerry Tour in Sprint's lineup and will feature support for both GSM/HSPA and CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A radios.

RIM had also announced BlackBerry 6, RIM's next generation BlackBerry operating system, of which the BlackBerry Bold 9650 is rumored to be blessed with an upgrade when the time comes.

Edited by ::Hitesh::
  • Like 1

^^ Device are getting better and better day by day and we are still hoping to enjoy 3G in coming 4-5 months,

This is again good news for Rimweb members... Someone bring this and cr@ck it...

Smartphone Reviews: Blackberry Bold 9650

The newest Blackberry model is almost out and it is called the Blackberry “9650 Bold”. It has some improvements over the other models that will deserve a quick look. See if it is something you would want in your entourage of mobile devices.

As with many of the Blackberry models, this one has the screen over the keyboard. The buttons on this model are easier to use thanks to the extra shape given to them. They are like small pyramids. This was called the “Essex” before it got its final model number and name. It is very similar to the “Tour” but has an optical trackpad instead of a trackball, which seems to be going the way of cassette players and VHS.

The newness of this smartphone is a surprise, since the Tour, was just let out into the public back in 2009. Nevertheless, technology rages forward, and this one has some good improvements. One is that trackpad mentioned before. Those who put a mobile device into their pocket or purse a lot know that a trackball attracts lint and dust. Optical trackpads can not do this, by virtue of their design. That is a point for the new 9650.

The camera is the same as the Tour and stands at 3.2 megapixels. That comes with LED flash, autofocus and image stabilization. The new Blackberry Bold can also handle video. The frames per second are not known, but Blackberry does not usually make a smartphone for great video anyway. There is no second camera for video conferencing. There is also no radio.

The processor is said to be boosted up to 624 megahertz. That is very competitive speed and is noticeable when using it. There is no waiting for applications to start up. The internal memory is up to 317 megabytes, which is not all that great compared to many other smartphones. The Bold comes with a free MicroSD card that holds two gigabytes of data. You can install one up to 32 gigabytes if you need to pile on the files. There is a nice bit of RAM on the Bold. Research in Motion gave it 512 megabytes, which is equal to other high-end smartphones. The operating system is of course made by Blackberry.

The screen is a 480 by 360 pixel model. It is 2.4 inches when measured diagonally and is not a touch screen. It has a nice crispness about it. It looks good and even though a bit small, it will suffice for its user base. There will not be a lot of internet surfing with this model even though the Blackberry 9650 has a browser.

Verizon and Sprint are set to be the carriers for the Bold 9650. A CDMA model and an EVDO model will be available. It also handles GSM for worldwide connectivity. The Blackberry 9650 comes with Wi-Fi up to the “G” mode. Other smartphones are already getting into the “N” mode, which is around five times faster and has a longer range than the last “G” mode. The battery is also the same size as the Tour, at 1400 mAh. Talk time is said to be at five hours, but expect less with the faster processor.

This Blackberry Bold 9650 may make some Blackberry 9700 owners a bit miffed. It has about the same specifications. Look for it at the end of May, 2010.

source :: http://www.boosharticles.com/4640/smartphone-reviews-blackberry-bold-9650

Verizon Blackberry Bold 9650 available in some stores

One thing I love the most is when our ninjas are right! Remember two days ago when we posted about the Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9650 being available online? We also told you that some stores would be selling it as early as Friday. Well, they are. Today while doing some shopping with the wife, I walked past a Verizon store and guess what? Not only was the BlackBerry Bold 9650 displayed but it was also available for sale. As a matter of fact the salesman was activating one for a customer (you can see in the picture above to the left a 9650 box).

I couldn’t resist but to snap pics for our readers. The salesman also confirmed that it came out yesterday and that they have been selling them very well. No way for me to buy one at full retail unless I have an account with Big Red. They have plenty of inventory…so if any of our readers are from South Florida..head down to the Aventura Mall and get one! Below are 2 pics of pricing which we already know

source:: http://www.berryscoop.com/2010/06/verizon-blackberry-bold-9650-available-in-some-stores/

TATA and Reliance, Are you listening?

Tour was not cracked so dont think this will also be possible

how can i lay my hand on one of this.

:)

how can i lay my hand on one of this.

:)

Could you find the handset ??… Even I am quite desperate to acquire one.

^ ^ ^

Still no sign of official reliance release !

And very hard to crack... almost impossible !!! 

cracking all bb after 9530 is not possible

thats coz the os blocks memory reading of nv

if memory cant be read , phone cant be programmed

so unless there is some breakthrough by chinese in making some customised OS , like how they made esn radio , we have no option but just to drool over these handsets

well just recently i went through some info on net

there are some people who have leaked mfi verions of 4.1.xxx and also radio lab tool 2.7

according to pics i have seen these tools are been able to unlock all gsm bbs all newer models aare supported

also it nukes all newer bbs properly , so may be there is a chance

hopefully someone leaks it to general public soon

That's great news sir

Will be too good if it's possible

Does anyone know when will be this phone be launched on RCDMA? Awaiting its launch so that CDMA BB users like me can come to par with the GSM users of Bold et. al. Finally a CDMA BB with trackpad and Wifi and at par with the bold series. Also called Bold !!!

Pls someone share the info about its launch in India on RCDMA.

Sirji Abhi to US mein launch hua hai

Yaha ane mein time lagega

Some one please tell if reliance is going to launch BB 9650.. my present handset is going to die soon and i am due to buy a new one.

If 9650 is going to be launched shortly i would rather wait or else settle with 9630. help

some new bbs are coming for sure soon ....thats all for now !

^^^

BB 9650 soon in India !!

:clap:

official relaince or imported sir jee

import but still not Cracked !

does any one know the activation code of this handset . if you do please PM me !

Someone please advise how long do i have to wait for 9650...

If this not going to be launched by reliance i would rather settle with 9630.

Pls respond..