it has been added on the reliance website

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/rim_handsets.html

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/h...torolav730.html

features-

R UIM card support

65k colour display

Dual LCD

User settable 3 backlight colour options for Sub LCD

Java platform for Applications (R World)

SMS to multi recipients

Hi,

But what will be the Cost???

I mean beyond 10K or within it?

Also they havent provided much details like that of others.

Do you have any such details.

Also will it be worth purchasing, since Motorola C131 lack features apart from Multimedia and JAVA.

Bye

Regards

Edited by dhayfule

Hi Folks,

Just got a detailed explaination about Motorola V730 Color handset

http://www.motorola.com.cn/about/teletalk/2002/10/e1014.asp

Here goes the text:

From short messaging to e-mail, and from e-maps to wireless securities, your mobile phone in becoming increasingly versatile. Motorola's latest model CDMA V730 is such as cell phone, which has a color display, a fashionable shape, and more importantly, a unique function of Karaoke.

The newly-debuted V730 is aimed at giving customers more fun in their daily life. You'll be surprised to find that such a small phone can also show, vividly, the charm of Karaoke. With its 16-chord music, a strong rhythm, a large color screen, changing pictures and song words, it gives you a strong sense of KTV. In addition to two embedded songs, you can also download popular songs from preset websites.

Exciting and specific functions need a strong technological support, and V730 fully reflects Motorola's leading position in the field of CDMA. As the first K-Java-enabled CDMA handset in China, V730 can display 65536 colors and allows its users to download Karaoke songs.

V730 can be termed as a spotless CDMA masterpiece. With its fashionable shape, double-display design and interesting wallpaper, the cell phone can store as many as 200 phone numbers, five preset email addresses and self-recorded rings, identify incoming calls by ring tones and cartoon icons, and give people endless joy and fun.

"As another classical product in the CDMA market, V730 can be described as a perfect combination of Motorola's advanced technology, original conception of design and its fully understanding of the needs of consumers. It reflects Motorola's promise to make people's life simpler, smarter and full of fun," said Mr. Brian Lu, VP and GM of Motorola PCS China.

Going through the above text its clear that it's readily available in China. But will Reliance allow the customers to completely use all the features of this handset, as we all know that RIM restricts the usage of RWORLD, and this phone has ability beyond that.

Bye

Regards

Edited by dhayfule

The price for this phone at Matunga WWE (Mumbai) is Rs. 5000/- (without any free RCVs). But i was quite surprised coz the person there said tht its available only in Prepaid still. I wonder y?

I guess its becoz its bundled with the 4 RCVs worth Rs. 440/each. In that case the phone is tagged at Rs. 6760 /-

Has anybody gone for this handset yet? 5k for a Flip phone is quite good! Reviews awaited!

Does anyone own this phone? plz post ur experience

Does anyone own this phone? plz post ur experience

23292[/snapback]

:P Looks no bdy still tried dis phone!!!

Any 1 help needed can this phone upload ringtones & pics???

I just bought this phone for 4600/- .The set is cool and looks great.But after 1 day its software crashed and now in service center.

a few days back, there was a guy in the WW whose v730 stopped working after a day of use. I thought it was a rare incident.

a few days back, there was a guy in the WW whose v730 stopped working after a day of use. I thought it was a rare incident.

24533[/snapback]

Guys...

This phone s**ks !!

I bought two V730s because it was looking cool, great price and styling. But the SW has so many bugs that is crashes many times.

Y'day my phone and my wife's phone stopped working..

My mobile has these issues..

* Sometimes, when there is an incoming call, even after the call is cut, the ringtone doesnt stop.. Phone hangs. So I need to pull the battery out to stop the ring.

* When there is an incoming call, any amount of pressing the keys doesnt help, the phone hangs. So I had to pull out the battery to restart the phone.

* Now, evertime there is an incoming call, I get white lines across the display and the phone hangs again (with Undef Inst Exception)

My wife's phone... When you open and close the flap, it just hangs.. No amount of pressing the buttons wont help. We have to pull out the battery. But again, once you switch on, when you open the flap, it goes to HANG mode. :)

==================================================

* I tried calling Motorolas Toll free line :: Doesnt work

* I sent a mail :: No Response (motoassist@yahoo.co.in)

* I finally located a Motorola service center :: They took he phone

they offered to replace the SW free of charge. The Updation didnt work on my cell. And when it was being tried for my wife's cell, there was a power cut (These guys dont believe in inverters) and the phone's card is gone. Now the phone doesnt switch on or off. When you swap the battery on, it says '"Data corruption Exception"

Guys, dont buy this piece of JUNK !! I am pissed off (Within a week of buying, and I made the mistake of buying two.)

Due to the power failure during the SW updation, they burnt the board inside the phone, and now I have to wait for the board to arrive from Delhi.. The estimate is 3 days..

And they JUST dont care about the customer experience.

Guys.. this is not a one off case..

I am hearing more stories as well...

Dont buy this till Motorola fix this software.. True the phone looks good at a great price.. But with the SW screwed up.. it becomes a miserable piece to own..

Dont buy this, atleast not YET..

Ofcourse ppl. will by after sw. update only.

But any Idea, weather u can upload ringtones & pics??? How is the color displya???

Guys update from me....

The two phones I had (V730) went to the service center...

* One had a SW updation :: After updation Again started crashing in a days time..

* Second mobile after SW and Board change, gives "Data Abort Exception"

This is f***ing painful.

ravreddy :confuse:

Hey any update, u got ur handset back?? is it workin fine or still in trouble

Can u upload pics n ring tones in v730??

dn't go 4 this, as there are sufficient complaints for it.

purchase N191 or LG 2030.

Hi Folks,

I have just inquired about the software crash part with a dealer. According to him, we have to disable the "Use Other Settings" option under the "Security Options"

Just try it.

Bye

Regards

dn't go 4 this, as there are sufficient complaints for it.

purchase N191 or LG 2030.

25157[/snapback]

Hey any news, fault is still there or now rectified???

Pl. any 1 can help, can u add ring tone / pics in handset?? I m planning to buy this 1. So shud i wait ??

Hey

I can provide some more first hand experiences with this toy.

Its actually very frustrating to use this handset..truely only because of its software. From the day I bought, I have had some little problems here and there. Its still working but not 100%.

Firstly the fone after taking a call becomes almost invisible to the network. That is you can see the range signal full and yet no one is able to call you nor are u able to call anyone. Fone is not hanged etc. but is practically useless. Switch off and On makes it available for one more call beofore another reboot.

Secondly the fone does not charge. The multi color LED charger which has orange, red and green LEDs to display the current charging state started giving trouble in the second week itself. Earlier as one used to switch ON the charger, the orange light flashed up and then it used to change to RED immediately indicating the fone getting charged. But now only to orange light keeps on flashing and on and on. NO charging occurs. Its frustrating to have your fone switched off because of NOT charging.. But had that experience too. When asked in the WebWorld they say go to Motorola Service Ctr. The webworld doesnot even have a new spare charger as they say the model is very new.

A little research on this was however slightly useful.

I have found out a major solution which solves majority of the problems related to the software (My First Problem). The solution is to REFRAIN FROM DOWNLOADING RINGTONES. Yes. Once you are restricting yourself to the confined freedom of the provided 21 ringtones, your fone (If charged) works all fine. Excellent. I dont knwo what is the reason but this is what I am told and I have found it to be useful.

This is what I have to share about my experiences with the handset.

I would rather discourage anyone (TEZO) to buy this cell if the user is interested in true use of R World (if any). For a normal fone like fone and cool styling, the fone is worth though.

Also one more thing,

"""I have just inquired about the software crash part with a dealer. According to him, we have to disable the "Use Other Settings" option under the "Security Options"""

I was unable to find this option on the fone menu. Can you please elaborate??

HI

I M PLANNING TO BUY THIS HANDSET MOTOROLA V730.

IF NY BODY HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE REGARDING PROBLEM RELATED TO THIS .PLZ ADVISE.

JYOTI

HI

I M  PLANNING TO BUY THIS HANDSET MOTOROLA V730.

IF NY BODY HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE REGARDING PROBLEM RELATED TO THIS .PLZ ADVISE.

JYOTI

27501[/snapback]

If you have already read this forum then by now you must have already realised that the handset is not recommended. However if Reliance fixes the issues related to software then its worth a re-thought.

24533[/snapback]

Guys...

This phone s**ks !!

I bought two V730s because it was looking cool, great price and styling. But the SW has so many bugs that is crashes many times.

Y'day my phone and my wife's phone stopped working..

My mobile has these issues..

* Sometimes, when there is an incoming call, even after the call is cut, the ringtone doesnt stop.. Phone hangs. So I need to pull the battery out to stop the ring.

* When there is an incoming call, any amount of pressing the keys doesnt help, the phone hangs. So I had to pull out the battery to restart the phone.

* Now, evertime there is an incoming call, I get white lines across the display and the phone hangs again (with Undef Inst Exception)

My wife's phone... When you open and close the flap, it just hangs.. No amount of pressing the buttons wont help. We have to pull out the battery. But again, once you switch on, when you open the flap, it goes to HANG mode. :clap:

==================================================

* I tried calling Motorolas Toll free line :: Doesnt work

* I sent a mail :: No Response (motoassist@yahoo.co.in)

* I finally located a Motorola service center :: They took he phone

they offered to replace the SW free of charge. The Updation didnt work on my cell. And when it was being tried for my wife's cell, there was a power cut (These guys dont believe in inverters) and the phone's card is gone. Now the phone doesnt switch on or off. When you swap the battery on, it says '"Data corruption Exception"

Guys, dont buy this piece of JUNK !! I am pissed off (Within a week of buying, and I made the mistake of buying two.)

Due to the power failure during the SW updation, they burnt the board inside the phone, and now I have to wait for the board to arrive from Delhi.. The estimate is 3 days..

And they JUST dont care about the customer experience.

Guys.. this is not a one off case..

I am hearing more stories as well...

Dont buy this till Motorola fix this software.. True the phone looks good at a great price.. But with the SW screwed up.. it becomes a miserable piece to own..

Dont buy this, atleast not YET..

24567[/snapback]

Guys!

Same problem , i bought this handset 3days back. I had a LG2030 upgarded to V730 thining its a great price 5k, I made a mistake.. it s**ks now.! i have faced the same problem as mentioned. Now, i have switched back my old handset.

Why the heck do they introduce such pathetic phones without any testing!!!

Its time they send handsets to rimweb.com for testing :grin:

In Software Engineering terms before releasing a product, a user acceptance testing is a must.

Wonder whether Reliance does that!!!