Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vb86

Motorola V730

the motorola v730 has been launched for prepaid customers @ 6995.

source CC.

20385[/snapback]

I purchased a moto v 730 recently.Following are my observations:-

1.It is a nice, sleek n comfortable fone 2 use, but seems delicate

2.The key pad feel is not good and the keys are hard.

3.The fone has useful features like 200 phone book, nice big display,voice dial,

voice memo etc.at an attractive price( thats the reason i purchased it )

However many ppl and even the RIM dealers are not fully aware about the

introduction of this model and its features

4. Yeah, there are problems with the s/w of the phone which crashes and the

phone hangs when using R-world.However the dealer had informed this to me

in advance before I purchased this fone and I got the s/w upgraded from the

moto service centre.

5. The manual is quite informative and easy to use however it lacks the most imp.

thing. It does not cover the entire specifications.Some of these are available

on :http://www.3gtoday.com/devices/devices/device1395.html

6. The fone comes in two colours Silver+grey and Silver+white .Can we expect

more colours?

Can ane one provide comparison of this fone with Gtran GCP 4020 and LG?

I am considering using this phone with a Tata Indicom RUIM card, So no way to access R World, Do you guys think it is a good idea or not, And it is available for Rs 4500 here with a dealer in chennai. No R World no problems is what i am thinking, what do you guys suggest?

Jag

Have checked with Moto - Service Cent. they told that the problem has been solved?? any news. Can u upload pics n ringtone in this handset?

Please help

Edited by Chirag

Have checked with Moto - Service Cent. they told that the problem has been solved?? any news. Can u upload pics n ringtone in this handset?

Please help

32485[/snapback]

Hello

I have been using this fone for almost 5 moths now. And yes they have fixed all the software issues. I fu upgrade the fone's sftware to 19.91.25 version, it works all fine without a single crash.

you can download things from r world but not from any other wap sites on the fone. same abt the ringtones

Thats great...

Good News! Is the phone still avl freely everywhere? Whts the recent price?

Good News! Is the phone still avl freely everywhere? Whts the recent price?

32624[/snapback]

Both phones are of cheep class.

if you wants a good handset then go for LG RD 6000 which is currently available ib both prepaid and postpaid.

Please help

32485[/snapback]

Hello

I have been using this fone for almost 5 moths now. And yes they have fixed all the software issues. I fu upgrade the fone's sftware to 19.91.25 version, it works all fine without a single crash.

you can download things from r world but not from any other wap sites on the fone. same abt the ringtones

32582[/snapback]

I will get back after getting a software update for my phone.

today my phone was behaving so funny, from morning it was blinking main lcd and then the lcd crystals inside and outhside wre breaking the letters and then only seperate dots were seen. although calls were coming and going.

I pray to motorola, please fix your phones before you launch them. the phone is overall nice and convenieint, I use about 75 min of talk time each day.

I think no one would like to recommend this phone any more, isn't it?

Yes sir.i think motorola is only inventing something in a field & does manufacturing without monitoring quality.they had introduced large no. of handset models like nokia no one perform upto expectaion ;)

Can u mention a couple of models that offer same features as V730 from other brands like Nokia/Samsung/LG et al?

Beleive me even after 2 visits to the service center my problem of LCD screen balnk out is not solved. I clearly think this is not worh a buy.

Hi Buddies,

My inputs to all the posts.

I am quite satisfied n happy wid my V730.Good fone worth the price. Had a few teething problems. Can mention quite a few nokia's which have been troublesome. The latest software version 19.91.26 is available. Go get it. Now i can download ringtones from indiatimes, rediff....have 5 ringtones. No probs wid my fone hanging. Jus would like to add( For all the tech geeks) motorola is the first six sigma company in the world...meaning it has defects of 3.2 per million produced. Many companies are jumping into the bandwagon now.

Cheers!!!