Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhi.r

Htc Hero Or Blackberry 9700?

Hi,

Im looking forward to purchase a new handset. Currently I am using 3 yrs old PPC 6700 which i bought from Reliance (tbh they put a big hole in my pocket) :'(

Now I am confused between 2 handsets Blackberry Bold 9700 and HTC Hero (CDMA)

I would like to inform you guys about my preferences/opinion as follows ...

1. I dont mind migrating from CDMA to GSM. Though staying on CDMA will be more convenient.

No GSM having as good network as Reliance CDMA can give rental plans like Reliance. GSM is F****** expensive especially when it comes to roaming. :'(

2. I really like to use a BlackBerry phone (never used one before).

3. I dont like the Looks :NOTriste: of CDMA HTC Hero. The GSM verson looks sleek n sexy but CDMA one looks like just any other phone. But BlackBerry Looks Cool :Chulo:

4. Person holding Blackberry phone looks Cool himself. ;)

But I would like to hear from the people who have used both or aatleast one of them. please help me to decide which phone should i choose from? Or should I wait for more better upcoming models?

Edited by razortooth

If you're sticking to CDMA, then go for an Official Reliance BB Curve instead..

If you're 3G specific then, Official Reliance BB Tour should be OK at your budget - as International Roaming becomes difficult in normal CDMA phones.

Both phones can be procured cheaply from the Forum..

BTW.. i haven't seen the Hero.

Just that i'd like to stay safe with official warranty etc. for expensive phones thats why recommended BB instead.

see i hv used bb8830 world edition and htc hero and htc g1... although bb8830 is not comparable to bold9700..but as per my experience bb are good for only BIS services and if u r a msging freak then its nice...apart from that nothing is there in bb.. on the other hand i never found a single drawback of htc hero..forget the physical keyboard nd the world is urs....

following are the advantage of hero over bb9700

1. hero is hving 288 mb RAM and 512 mb ROM whereas 9700 has 256 mb RAM 256 mb onboard memory

2. expandable memory 32gb over 16gb of bb

3. 3.2 inch screen over 2.44 inch

4. 5mpxl camera compare to 3.2mpxl of bb

5. BB browsers are worst whereas surfing on android is a pleasing thing.

5. processor wise bb is superior having 624 MHz over 528 MHz of hero but believe me u will always find hero blazing fast....bb cant beat it.

6. the major drawback which u can find of hero compare to bb is its battery. its not comparable..forget it. But i m talking abt CDMA hero GSM hero is hving good battery life.

the annoying thing of bb is that everything is restricted on the other hand android is exactly opposite. Here everything is open. U want smthing u ll get it.

i would suggest u to go for hero...HTC hero is the best cdma device till now..if u want u can go for droid incredible..which is yet to b reviewed by GURUS here....

• Like 1

^

Awesome Comparison Amit Bhai!

^^^ Good comparison, i back the positives.

But there are few negatives too.. which can be overcome provided you go thru all Hero topics thoroughly.

thanx sumit bro...

hii jyanth.... i didn't get ur point... i almost went through all the topics running for hero...

if u can clarify i think it ll b helpful for abhishek too...

All I can say to you is that Blackberry (and other operating systems) are RAPIDLY losing its market share to Android worldwide; so there has to be a solid reason behind that... 9700 is a very solid device with a very bland operating system and a very poor browser... Hero is also a solid device though totally touch based and a little plasticy in comparison to the chromes on BB....

Now if u are uncomfortable with a touch based device,then that is the ONLY reason for me to go for key based blackberry; but otherwise Android beats BB in all other aspects... also battery life of this blackberry may be slightly better than this android device...

COMPARATIVE SCORES BY ME -

HTC INCREDIBLE 85/100

SPRINT HERO 81/100

BLACKBERRY 9700 77/100

APPLE iPHONE 3GS 83/100

HTC HD2 79/100

Edited by dkaile

hmm thank you guys for your expert advice.

thank you acs, amit, sumit and dkaile.

so you guys prefer HTC Hero upon BB.

Actually i have a gf and we text a lot. around 100~150 msg per day (though its not extreme :P). With my PPC 6700 its really hard to text with touch screen (as my physical keyboard's few keys dont work properly :( ). She can some online on yahoo, so I can use BB instant messenger service to talk to her.

Also when I travel, I reallly get worried about batt of my CDMA device :(. Especially travelling by train. The CDMA device is a battery whore as we all know. And it becomes Battery Super Whore when the network is not present :(

This was my main purpose to bend towards BB.

Is it as easy and convinient to type with HTC device (software keyboard) as it is with BB physical keyboard? (i know that texting with BB cannot be compared with that of any other phone, but with with marginal difference I can go for HTC device, never used any of those device BB or Anaroid HTC). Want to have both :Riendo: but cant afford :NOTriste:

If the difference is marginal only then I might wait a little to get my hands on HTC Incredible ( 8megapixel cam, and 512 ram/rom is WOW :Sorprendido::Ohhhh::clap::Chulo:

hehehehe

With frequent usage the Android virtual keyboard can become comfortable.

thanx sumit bro...

hii jyanth.... i didn't get ur point... i almost went through all the topics running for hero...

if u can clarify i think it ll b helpful for abhishek too...

All i said was that you can overcome the negatives provided you are capable enough of doing so individually.

Personally, being a non-techie.. i cant understand few posts even if i read them 10 times.

nothing can b as fast as bb keyboard but when i used hero after one day of msging it recognised my typing style and i was pretty fast on hero too....

Thank you Amit bhai.

Then I should rather wait for Sadik bhai to get his hands on HTC Incredible :)