Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Wait for 6 months and u can get this beast beween. 20 to 25k

hahaha

if u wait for 6mnths u can get evo for like 10k

in mobile world 6mnths prices get trashed

• Like 1

hi, wat is the price of evo in india and how i can get it ??

btw, thanks !!! :signthankspin:

u want evo?

contact me on gtalk , i will help u get one

unlocking it is no big issue

After 6 months EVO 2 or EVO 3 will come !

So waiting is not worth :winko:

Edited by ::Hitesh::

Sent to you by Bill Boulware via Google Reader:

Overclocked HTC Evo Runs Almost 30 Percent Faster

via Wired: Gadget Lab by Priya Ganapati on 6/15/10

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/htc-evo-overclocked/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GearFactor+%28Blog+-+Gadget+Lab+%28Gear+Factor%29%29

The HTC Evo’s 1 GHz processor is one of the fastest available in smartphones today but there’s always room for improvement.

An Android developer at the xda-developers forum has overclocked his Evo 4G phone to run at 1.267 GHz, nearly 30 percent faster than the standard issue. The developer Michael Huang, who posted the hack under the nickname ‘coolbho3000′, says he’s going to try and push the processor to do even more.

“Right now, it’s a proof of concept,” Huang told Wired.com. “I built a version of the kernel that’s running on the phone to overclock it and found it worked fine.”

The hack is pretty technical but the idea is to let advanced Android users and programmers see the potential of the device.

HTC introduced the Evo earlier this month as the first 4G Android phone. The Evo available exclusively on Sprint has a huge 4.3-inch touchscreen, a 1-GHz Snapdragon processor, a front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video conferencing and a 8-megapixel camera for shooting photos and videos. It costs $200 with a two-year contract.

The phone has become the best-selling device on the Sprint network and at Best Buy Mobile.

Overclocking the HTC Evo is not the first such attempt developers have made with an Android device. Earlier, Huang says he has tried to overclock the Google Nexus One, which has the same 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor as the HTC. But that hack pushed the speed of the processor to only about 1.1 GHz.

The HTC Evo overclocking has resulted in speeds of a little more than 1.2 GHz for most users on the forum who have tried it.

But those attempting this at home, a few words of warning. It isn’t a DIY project for just about anyone.

The files necessary to overclock the HTC Evo are posted online but you need to know what you are doing with it.

“If you have a rooted phone, you can get an update.zip file to apply to that phone,” explains Huang. “What I have done is packaged the special overclocked kernel into the file.” Huang used an Android app called SetCPU available in the Android Market to adjust the overclock.

Huang says he doesn’t have access to the full source code of the HTC Evo OS, which has limited some functions in the phone.

That means the sensors and camera on the phone do not currently work with the hack.

The overclocking also affects the phone’s battery life–despite Huang’s attempt to tweak the voltage piped to the processor.

“If you put less voltage on the processor, then the phone will use less battery, so my Evo kernel is running at a lower voltage than normal,” he says. “But because the processor is at a higher speed, the battery life is lower than usual.”

Once the overclocked device gets running, it also heats up a fair bit, say commenters on the forum. So try this one at your own peril.

If you don’t want to go through all that, just enjoy the video of the overclocked HTC Evo.

See Also:

Oops! Sprint Says it Overstated HTC Evo Phone Sales

HTC EVO 4G $200, on Sale June 4

Wired Video: HTC Evo 4G Dissected

Storage Bug Hits HTC Evo 4G Phone Just Before Launch

Photo: Jon Snyder/Wired.com

[via Android Guys]

Things you can do from here:

Subscribe to Wired: Gadget Lab using Google Reader

Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your favorite sites

Evo is selling at market price 60$ less than Incredible in the US at major sites and on street also... hmmm... interesting... Incredible's demand is holding out strongly...

i beleive incredible is better than EVO

as for me main consideration is battery in which Incredible wins surely

Hetal Patel - Thats means Incredible have 8GB Internal Storage, Best Touch Sensor and AMOLED Screen

Nice find vishal

Finally With Millions of Thanks To Hitesh bhai and Mufaddal ji. Got the first EVO on tata working today!

Kya baat hai.....Congrats....

congo man

Thanks Brothers. Now the challange starts with getting EV.

Congo Sumitbhai... Congo again... Now just start the EVDO services.. ;)

Ho jayega Try Karke dekho

Kuch idhare se

kuch aur kidhar se

@Sumit party time !!!!  :thumb: .:clap1:. . :clap1::clap1::clap1::biggrinthumb::cheer: .:good: .:punk: .:victory: .:rockon: .:SI::SI::dance: .:dance:

(On behalf of you i did alone  :lol:)

:clap::good: congratulations sumit.. first EVO on tata.. :cheers:

@ sumit congrats...so finally u got it up on tata ...superb... and yes we want evdo now :SI:

Rooted my EVO and now running on fresh0.3 rom, I had a flaw which is corrected, phone sometimes used to stop responding to my touch when I received calls and had to wait for it to disconnect.

Edited by SumitVerma

got the EVO for TATA and also rooted it and now i have tata signal also on it and the esn is also changed . now i need the settings in the advance mode because when i do *228 it asks for some 14 digit code (what is this code ? ) . i already getting the tata signal.

please guide

Thanks

Edited by kewlmagician

Why did u change ESN for TATA u could have registered the ESN with TATA man

i meant i registered the esn with tata but now when i do *228 then it asks for some 14 digit code ..

Why did u change ESN for TATA u could have registered the ESN with TATA man

Thanks to Sumit, Hitesh and kshah for their time and help .. my EVO started on tata now waiting for data setting ...

HTC EVO 4G Maintenance Release Instructions | 06.30.2010

The software upgrade available for your HTC EVO 4G provides several key enhancements including: less

• Touch-screen sensitivity when handset is on a flat surface
  • Exchange 2010 calendar & email sync improvements
  • Support for Exchange users with all-numeric PIN codes
  • WIFI signal strength indicator enhancements
  • 4G signal strength enhancements
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade (to 1.47.651.1) is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. Navigate to the Home screen then tap Menu > Settings > About phone > Software Information and locate the Software number. If your Software number is less than 1.47.651.1, you should proceed with the upgrade.
Getting Started
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
  • Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update
  • Connect the device to a charger
  • Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
  • If available, connect to Wi-Fi or 4G to speed up the update download process

Installation instructions

1. Navigate to the Home screen on your device
  2. Tap Menu > Settingsevomr1.png
  3. Tap System updatesevomr2.png
  4. Tap HTC software update
    evomr3.png
  5. Tap Check nowevomr4.png
  6. Ensure Install now is ticked and tap OKevomr5.png
    WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
    Example of upgrade screen:
    evomr6.png
    Do not attempt to use the device until the "Congratulations" screen appears.
  7. Congratulations, the device has been updated! Tap OK to finish.

evomr7.png

Edited by dkaile

HTC EVO 4G Maintenance Release Instructions | 06.30.2010

The software upgrade available for your HTC EVO 4G provides several key enhancements including: less

• Touch-screen sensitivity when handset is on a flat surface
  • Exchange 2010 calendar & email sync improvements
  • Support for Exchange users with all-numeric PIN codes
  • WIFI signal strength indicator enhancements
  • 4G signal strength enhancements
Before you proceed, please confirm that this software upgrade (to 1.47.651.1) is a newer version than what is currently loaded on your device. If it is the same version, there is no need to reload the software. Navigate to the Home screen then tap Menu > Settings > About phone > Software Information and locate the Software number. If your Software number is less than 1.47.651.1, you should proceed with the upgrade.
Getting Started
Before you proceed with the update, make sure you have done the following:
  • Set aside approximately 20 minutes to allow the device to update
  • Connect the device to a charger
  • Ensure the battery is charged to at least 30%
  • If available, connect to Wi-Fi or 4G to speed up the update download process

Installation instructions

1. Navigate to the Home screen on your device
  2. Tap Menu > Settingsevomr1.png
  3. Tap System updatesevomr2.png
  4. Tap HTC software update
    evomr3.png
  5. Tap Check nowevomr4.png
  6. Ensure Install now is ticked and tap OKevomr5.png
    WARNING: During the upgrade process the device will reboot multiple times and show software upgrade screens. Do not remove the battery as this will stop the update and your device may be rendered inoperable!
    Example of upgrade screen:
    evomr6.png
    Do not attempt to use the device until the "Congratulations" screen appears.
  7. Congratulations, the device has been updated! Tap OK to finish.

evomr7.png

hi dkaile i PM'd u 2 days back any luck pls...