Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
SumitVerma

Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Guys, I am crazy for this phone.

I dont wanna buy Incredible if this is out soon but as said by Gurus it will take long time to come.

I came across these topics which are giving a hint for a launch soon enough, a guy clicked a pic of EVO displayed in Sprint store.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/01/htc-evo-4g-found-loitering-in-sprint-store/

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119293

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119832

post-44393-127282039265_thumb.jpg

Edited by SumitVerma

you got it correct coming soon ................

it will come within 3-4 months....but difference are quite miniscule between the Incredible and Evo, at least those usable by us; as the front camera and 4G are useless for us here in India; hdmi port already has substitute on Incredible with its component output; so that basically leaves a larger screen (though same resolution) and heavier weight to content with... and some friends of mine who have handled the test units in the US are saying its a little too large than imagined...

Edited by dkaile

^

Dimensions are almost same if compared with HD2, right?

Edited by SumitVerma

^

Yes, approximately same; though HD2 weighs about 15 grams less...

4.74"x 2.64" x 0.43" 157gms (5.54 ounces) 512MB Rom/448MB RAM; 480 X 800 WVGA - HD2

4.8" x 2.6" x 0.5" 170 gms (6 ounces) 1 GB ROM/512 MB RAM, 480 X 800 WVGA - EVO

4.63" x 2.3" x 0.47 " 130 gms (4.59 ounces) Flash/ROM 8GB + 512MB/RAM 512MB, 480 X 800 WVGA - Incredible

and there can NEVER be a BEST ONE!! EVER.... by the time the Evo comes around another great smartphone would be ready to launch in 3 months time...

Edited by dkaile

True Indeed!

Mods, Please change the topic name to something more appropriate!

till date it is best one !

but in every few months new models will come with more hardware in it.

^

how can you say till date, when it is NOT even launched yet.... till date means, available as on date...

:previous:

As per my info this is the one going to launched first after incredible ...

and no other specs are out to compare !!!

^

there are many other phones being planned in the coming months like Moto Droid2, iphone 4 (cdma), Android phones from Samsung and Sony Ericson etc. etc. (who's specs you can search on the net) which will have specifications even higher than Evo...

I dont want to get into any argument; My basic point is that there is no end to this vicious cycle of waiting for phones... every 3 months you will have some new phone to compare...by the time evo will be launched, I will give you such mouth watering specs of moto droid 2 or Nexus One Pro that you will forget about evo and start thinking about droid2... so that is not the correct way to go about purchasing phones... live the moment...

Edited by dkaile

^^^

I agree with your basic point , i also said same thing above

My basic point is that there is no end to this vicious cycle of waiting for phones... every 3 months you will have some new phone to compare..
live the moment...

i dont care whats better

buy what u like , thats the main thing , u should be happy with what u get

no point trying to justify one handset over other , its personal choice

BTW at first we all were thinking that EVO will launch after 3 4 months

but now fact is that it might be coming in couple of months or may be next month

the reason is simple

apple WMDC is going to be this month and in june there will be iphone 4G , as it is sprint is loosing its customers every month , if they get EVO out late they might loose all hype and charm around EVO , which they will never want , after all they are banking on EVO for some good profits so that y they are trying hard to push launch date as early as possible

the sprint EVO event is going to be held next week and we will have a release date officially declared then

BTW only problem that sprint faces is that they still dont have WIMAX in major markets as as they are touting EVO as wimax phone so they need to atleast get nationwide coverage of wimax in major cities and this is what is holding the launch of EVO , but i am sure sprint will find a way around it and might just release EVO in selected markets

Thanks all the gurus for the lovely discussion!

Whatever it is, I am not going for Incredible, I have finally decided. I really want a BIG screen.

- Looks tempting to me.. Edited by SumitVerma

great phone

will love to have this in my pocket

Jab tak yeh aayega, tab tak to main apna Incredible change karne vala ho unga... lol... Evo is definitely a better handset than Incredible, no 2 thoughts about it...but whatever usability you are seeing on that youtube video is all in built into the incredible also... jfyi...

Edited by dkaile

Thanks for the update sir!

But I am hypnotized by the BIG screen.. can see nothing else apart.

^^^

If you want big screen, i can get u 21inch screen with touch.

but u have to hire one person to carry that phone !!!! :rofl_200:,:rofl_200:

:'( Stop pulling my leg please :Contento: haa haa

I am in love with huge gadgets since I had Jasjar.

BTW I could actually do that with my Would Be EVO by connecting it via HDMI :SI:

^^^ hey that was a good and eye-openeing comparision.. I think incredible is as good as evo.. EVO only scores well in the screen size front for us Indian Users.. Also notable feature, Incredible has AMOLED whereas EVO has TFT LCD... I was unaware of this.. AMOLED is the latest and most responsive of all..

I think ill have to change my route and go for incredible as of now... Great Goin DK... you always change my presumptions and you pull me towards yours (or towards reality).. :)

^

also remember TFT consumes more battery than amoled; hence even with a 1500mah battery the talktime of our Hero is just 250 minutes (which has a TFT screen) while with a 1300mah battery the rated talktime of Incredible is 313 minutes...

Edited by dkaile

^

Thanks a lot for the comparison sir!

I would like to ask one dum Q: wimax is there in my City, is there any possibility to activate it on EVO?

BTW EVO having 8GB on board? and moreover the Video recording is 720p over VGA, 1 GB ROM over 512 MB.

I wish it comes soon! :NOTriste:

^

No question of wimax working on Evo under any circumstances as on date; Its different technology employed by Tikona...

and Evo DOES NOT have 8GB on board memory; Incredible does....and ROM is used for internal programs storage hence in effect Incredible has 8Gb+512MB ROM in comparison to only 1GB on Evo...the camera hardware is also exactly the same, and there is rumored to be an OTA on the way for Incredible which will bump up the Video recording to 720p also on the Incredible, though I doubt very strongly, that you will be able to point out any significant difference in the video even as on date's resolution...

Edited by dkaile

Ah! My bad. I comes with 8 GB Micro SD!

Thanks for correcting. BTW its not Tikona, Its Tata's Wimax.