Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KanagaDeepan

Bsnl Ev-Do Card Works In Nagpur & Raipur (In Evdo Mode) ?

Since Photon+ service is NOT available in Raipur, I want to use BSNL's USB EVDO card in Nagpur(GandhiBagh-Agrasen Chowk) and Raipur(Jai-Stambh Chowk).. But I want to confirm whether EVDO coverage is available in Raipur and Nagpur or not :confuse: Friends, anybody who know details or in these cities please help me...

Further in BSNL's web-site, I can't find any EVDO coverage map (as in RCom web-site) nor the list of cities covered -- OR -- am I missing something??

Thanks a lot...

i am from Raipur - there is no coverage as of now -- some times back i had reports from my friends that signals are coming but that was i think under testing. you have to go through alternate methods.

In nagpur as i already told,

BSNL EVDO is having full coverage in city and not in outskirt area's

hey saket, i am in mumbai.. can i buy bsnl EVDO or 3G modem/connection ( i will buy it from Pune) and use it in mumbai (do they have roaming charges in Data)

Edited by coolminilife

hey saket, i am in mumbai.. can i buy bsnl EVDO or 3G modem/connection ( i will buy it from Pune) and use it in mumbai (do they have roaming charges in Data)

As per my knowlege, BSNL won't allow EVDO users to roam in MTNL network.

I think they do have roaming on MTNL, that too free of cost

Hi Saket,

I am also from nagpur and used to have EVDO a year ago but really not satisifed with the speed. I used to get two signal bars in my area (Ramnagar near ravinagar).

Can u please confirm how much speed do you get? your area? also the signal strength? is it fluctuating or does it remain constant all the time.

Let me know

Thanks

@deepan

new site at agarasen chowk in nagpur

Central avenue new site between handralok bhawan to agrasen chowk

source

@deepan

new site at agarasen chowk in nagpur

Central avenue new site between handralok bhawan to agrasen chowk

source

Thanks buddy for the valuable info.. I may wish to go for the same in near future.

I think they do have roaming on MTNL, that too free of cost

As per the source given by saket, roaming is available only in BSNL license areas. 

By the way it is not clear if the roaming is not available for the EVDO coverage or 1X also..

:previous:

I think you will get 1x for sure in Mumbai and Delhi in MTNL network and NO EV-DO service, even if you are in EV-DO coverage... Not sure though.. I have read this in one such forum...

Thanks for the info, Saket Ji... Now I am waiting for EV-DO launch in Raipur, by either BSNL or MTS.. Then I will throw away my Photon+ postpaid connection (5GB-EV-DO @ Rs990/month - NO Rs200 DISCOUNT for existing customers :angry: )

Edited by KanagaDeepan

I think no signal will appear when u roam into MTNL area.

no 1X or EVDO network

Hello:

Its been a very long time since i posted on the forum though i follow the posts extremely regularly.

As far as EVDO is concerned i do have the BSNL EVDO since a long time the major benefit is the pricing with unlimited usage and no caps or FUP.

However the speeds vary and have never touched the most acclaimed 2.1MBPS even when you are in close vicinity of the BTS. The average speed atleast which i get is around 990kbps~1Mbps max.I have tried all tricks to get better speeds but of no use.

BSNL EVDO does not work in Mumbai nor Delhi , i have tried at both these places it does not even show 1x connenction infact no signals.

As far as other areas other then these two are concerned the connectivity is good and in remote areas it switches to 1x mode with max 300kbps.

The reason for drops in speed in semi metros is because of increased number of users in a particular BTS.

With the RUIM cards and the Micromaxx modems the spped increases by 100kbps.RUIMS are not available everywhere in India , the marketing dept of BSNL have been selectively launching the cards . In Maharashtra no signs of it yet.Its has been tested but not launched yet.

Sam007

BSNL gives seamless roaming for its 3 G customers so EVSO should not be a problem provided MTNL backbone supports the same in the areas it is proposed to avail the service.

BSNL gives seamless roaming for its 3 G customers so EVDO .

That is great news copperco If any body in this forum selling used BSNL EVDO datacard please write to me.

I am interested in buying. :signthankspin:

BSNL gives seamless roaming for its 3 G customers so EVDO .

That is great news copperco If any body in this forum selling used BSNL EVDO datacard please write to me.

I am interested in buying. :signthankspin:

Pl. post in buy and sell forum.

I have one cdma evdo card EV-DO AC8700 800M and I can give it for Rs.1,000=00. If any interested can call me. It was got disconneted about few months back from Sec.bad(AP TELECOM). I do not know whether it is locked or not. I can check the same if anybody gives me the procedure. I have Tata omh sim.

Babulu

Edited by nellorian