Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
krishin.rajani

Gsm Usb Modem?

Hi Guys

I am not sure if such thing exists, but many of ya'll might be technically more sound to answer my doubt..

I would like to know if there is any USB modem in which any GSM card can be plugged in to access GPRS through PC?

Open market USB modem?

Does MTS has same data charges in roaming?

If i buy a modem in pune / m'bai & take it to say Rajasthan, will the existing plan work w/o much difference?

If it doesn't, say can we load a plan of the new circle to the existing card? or a complete new card / number is required

1) YES

2) There are lots of brands(chines) giving GSM usb modem which can be used with any GSM operator , look on ebay.in

3) MTS Data Charges are same in almost all areas.

4) MAH Circle modem will work in Rajasthan without much difference.

5) we cannot use existing card, but MTS store will help u in this.

6) better to have same modem only change the billing address from MTS.

Use 3G cards from bsnl to get pretty good speeds.... read about it in the topic in my signature...

Hi Guys

I am not sure if such thing exists, but many of ya'll might be technically more sound to answer my doubt..

I would like to know if there is any USB modem in which any GSM card can be plugged in to access GPRS through PC?

Open market USB modem?

Does MTS has same data charges in roaming?

If i buy a modem in pune / m'bai & take it to say Rajasthan, will the existing plan work w/o much difference?

If it doesn't, say can we load a plan of the new circle to the existing card? or a complete new card / number is required

U dont actually need a GSM usb modem as there are many handsets available in market which can be used as a GSM modem.

MTS same tariff will be valid in any state u travel provided that state has MTS services availabole. You don't have to change ur plan if u move to any other state.

thank u so much guys. Any idea what would be the rate of such USB modem?

hi Anurag,

yes agreed there r many phones which can b used as modem.

but modem should b much cheaper than a cell phone. As u see i specifically need it only 4 net connect.

Thanks 4 the suggestion.

^^^

I dont know any one selling them on our forum,

but best place is to look in ebay.in there minimum i found was 2299/- (airtel unlocked )

Edited by ::Hitesh::

I suggest you go for 3G GSM USB Modem rather than just plain Edge speed modems; 3G modems are backward compatible with 2G speeds... Micromax is one company supplying to BSNL and selling for about 3K (300G model) - http://www.bsnl.co.i...G%20Data%20Card

http://www.airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/Airtel.in/airtel.in/home/foryou/mobile/wireless+internet/devices/pg_fy_wi_device_micromax+300g

Edited by dkaile

vodafone is offering usb modem for 1750 with a plan of unlimited net for Rs 599 per month and it will work anywhere in India where there is vodafone network The speed is not good but the modem is 3G so when the 3G services start the speed will improve

^^^ try this... in lucknow they are offering this with BSNL 3G prepaid card @ Rs. 3650.00