Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amarjot

Updated Palm Pre To 1.4.1.1

hi,

I have done it again what i did with my iphone.

I could connect to wifi with my perfectly working pre but could not connect to "app catalog".

nor was the EVO working ...

pressed update, gave me a choice to update "palm" software and i did to 1.4.1.1

even created a new profile as i bought the phone from someone using it in india.

and now it keeps searching for network..

Have restarted it but still no response should i do a partial reset as well might as well start afresh...

How do i try and get my phone working..

please please help out ...

But i did manage to make a new profile...

and also was able to log on to "APP CATALOG"..

Also was able to download the CL USB for syncing my Palm desktop to pre thru USB.

BUT..... NO NETWORK anymore...

Need help cant find any solutions online... Also cannot roll back.

its no big issue

just go to phone ----> preferences------> voice network from sprint to automatic

thats all

• Like 1

wow...

IT WORKS AGAIN!!!

Thanks a lot Doc....

You should be paid for what you do...

i guess the respect you carry on this forum is form is great on its own.

Thanks again, had me so worried, slept at like 5 AM looking for methods to unlock again when the solution was so simple... (had once updated my jailbroken iphone software ... ended up locking it).

So now it says international in place of sprint and its working..

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A bit for those of you who still love Palm Desktop..

I updated etc so that i could connect to APP catalog.

From which i downloaded CL USB.

On my computer i downloaded from the companionlink site companion link... choosing what you'll be using for or method you like is fairly easy.

Both softwares on the phone and PC get installed easy.

You need to press sync after launching your CL on your phone. Once complete... connect using USB...

Run PC software.. it will sync calenders, conatcts even memos (memos though wont show on desktop will remain in CL USB).

After its done... remove usb cable... GO BACK to CL USB and press sync again..... Viola.... all your contacts,calenders etc (since 1994 in my case) , will be back in the phone...

After todays solution am so relieved ... and insides are telling me to leave it alone ... but now gonna try and downlload and try apps that Doc has suggested in his post...

Thanks again doc.

Amarjot

OK, have some issues as below, any help would be EXTREMELY welcome:- (edited post since some issues got solved by Tushar and i've got webosquickinstall and shell/novacom running)

1. Can I update to 1.4.1.1 by using the webosdoctor image for 1.4.1.1. sprint and running it after connecting phone in developer mode ? (My wifi in office uses proxy so can't use that on pre yet, 1x will be too slow)

2. When i try to install any app I get an error that action can't be completed try later ? It has a full screen blue background with big ! mark in a yellow triangle. Has anyone seen this ? I need to install cl-usb. If someone has ipk for that, please upload so that i can install with webosquickinstall.

3. Am able to pair bluetooth with laptop but can't see any profiles/services of pre ?

4. Can't see laptop wifi (adhoc/p2p mode) which can be seen in ipod touch and other laptops/PCs ?

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1

I am getting the palm profile screen after updating to 1.4.1.1 How do i bypass this ? Or do i need to use a rom from treo8 ?

EDIT:

As Muffaddal told me sprint rom won't work on my pre, I've downgraded to 1.4.0 rom from treo8 (linked in the 3D apps topic), so everything works now.

Can i use this rom for 1.4.1.1 (english translated page) - I am asking because it mentions "Mianjiaoguo Standard Edition" so i am worried it might be in chinese.

EDIT 2:

Above ROM works perfectly fine. Didn't even need to enable data again.

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1

hi, sorry have not tried the flash as yet as i have downloaded it on my comp back home. I had to get away for some work to mumbai.

once i get back will be updating as i have to recharge my phone twice ven if i dont use it.

Also any idea if the palm pre plus will work with reliance...

Last but not the least where in mumbai can i purchase some accessories for palm pre...

I am on 1.4.1.1 and battery life seems to be improved significantly - no problems on that front now.

However, google maps is no longer working (didn't work in 1.4.0 also. worked perfectly in 1.3.5.1 with GPS etc)

Seems to be a common problem - it keeps saying it needs internet connection even though net is on and mails/browser etc. work fine. Tried signing out of google and clearing cache and browing to maps.google.com etc. as suggested on various pre forums but nothing seems to work. Any one has any ideas ?

EDIT:

Battery life is EXCELLENT NOW with 1.4.1.1 Google Maps also started working after trying the above quite a few times.

Have installed the preware uber kernel with 800MHz overclocking and setting the cpu scheduler to 'on demand' seems to work nicely. You need to install Govnah (search for governor) along with uber kernel.

Edited by ami1

Hi Ami, please pm me you number need to find out how u did you get your webosdoc to work.

i connect my phone it asks me if i want usb mode/media sync or just charge..

if i choose usb shows pic of phone with usb signage on it...

and then i run the doc, asks me language i confirm, then does the agreement check

then Novacomd starts installing in a small window with progress bar...

and then says "service removed"

then nothing, except a window wthout next being highlighted appears asking me to connect the phone...

Please advice...

Yes, i faced that problem many times before getting it to work.

Are you able to get a shell or linux commandline through novacom or WOSQI (webosquickinstall) ?

If yes, then your drivers are ok and webosdoctor should work. If not, then try running the USB passthrough app on the pre and set everything to 'none'.

Also after you've got the USB mode (black screen with usb image) and started running webosdoctor see if your device manager if there are any devices without drivers like Palm Novacom or Serial over USB etc. If not you may have to install drivers - see my post (no 14) in Muffaddal's 'how to get on palm' topic.

Will pm you my number also.

Try rebooting the PC and running the webosdoctor again.

Also, if you have lot of apps/sms/settings etc. try this for backup before webosdoctor and restore afterwards. (prebackup)

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1

there is a pretty simple way to install any rom on palm pre

switch off pre

press volume up button

connect pre to ur pc

u will see a big usb symbol

then just run webos doctor

ur pre will be detected in "bootie mode"..LOL

done

follow instructions and load rom

• Like 2

hi

have been trying to make webosdoc work all day. no idea what i am doing wrong.

please advice this is what i have and what i am doing.

I have windows 7

I completly switched off the phone.

I kept the volume up button pressed and connected the usb lead.

Windows 7 tried to install but gave an error.

But then the USB sign did ome on the phone, and alittle icon appeared on taskbar showing the palm depicted by a usb plug with a green tick on it.

after that i double clicked webosdoctorp100ewwsprint ( a 207 mb file downloaded from precentral).

It opens, i choose

English-United States click NEXT

Confirm English i click on the green tick mark button

i accept the license agreement

gives a long message about "tool will reset your phone, if it has stopped......" i click next

checking system

installs something called Nova something quickly

and then a new message comes up

"Connect your phone directly to your computer with your USB Cable...... do not remove battery or...."

At this point i cant click on next as its not highlighted...

Thats it.

I am having a strange problem ...

I updated my MEID repaired palm pre to 1.4.1.1 v1 ROM from treo8.com but the radio is still "offline" .

When I go to phone - preferences , it says "You need a network connection to your wireless service provider to see Phone Preferences."

Please recommend what should I do to get the radio online ...???

Thanks in advance .

dial ##786# nd ##debug#

and check ur meid and pesn

may be ur meid is restored to original meid

if thats the case then its classical offline issue

u will have to zero ur pesn and nv write original meid lot of times then it will come online

then reprogram ur meid

@amarjot

try on windows xp

windows 7 has driver issues with palm pre

MEID and pESN are the ones that I wanted when I checked in cdma ws .

But when I do ##786# ... in ESN it's showing "unknown" .

Edited by tushar_163

fire up qxdm and see

whats ur esn and meid

^^ This is because the palm usb drivers are not installed in your windows 7. Are/Were you able to connect your PRE to this windows laptop/pc earlier and install apps through WOSQI or get a terminal through novacom etc. ? If not, then you need to first install the drivers as below..

Goto Muffy's post on getting data on palm pre and download the drivers file. Unzip and then edit as below (otherwise windows 7 doesn't agree to install them):-

Open "qcmdm.inf" in a text editor (notepad) and change the "%PreModem%" (under [Models]) from Rev_0216 to
Rev_0316
. Save the file and close.

Open "qcser.inf" in a text editor and change the "%PreDiag01%" (under [QcomSerialPort]) from Rev_0216 to
Rev_0316
. Save the file and close. (
)

Here's the link to the post.

After this you can go to your device manager (connect pre to laptop/pc first) and right click on devices with exclamation marks or the palm devices in usb/modem/serial/ports etc. and click update driver > have disk > and browse to the folder with above usbdrivers. Once all drivers have been installed then you will be able to see palm novacom device when WOSD or WOSQI runs and you'll be able to put the new rom.

If you still have problems try not having any other USB devices and rebooting your laptop as well as pre once.

Tell me if you still get error. I'll get on messenger and try to help.

Edited by ami1

I loaded version 2 of 1.4.1.1 ROM and now it's working ... But I can't understand why is it showing "offline" with the version 1 ...

Tushar, can you pl post the link to the ver 2 rom.

I've installed 1.4.1 for pixi plus today. I noticed something unusual. After the upgrade, I see memory free(device info -- available)as 3.1 GB. It shows total memory as 8GB correctly.

However, if I go to linux command line(webosquickinstall--tools--linux commandline) and check, it shows ~7gb as free. Did anyone notice this?

Rest of the functionality is great. Apps open up much faster than 1.3.5.

I've installed 1.4.1 for pixi plus today. I noticed something unusual. After the upgrade, I see memory free(device info -- available)as 3.1 GB. It shows total memory as 8GB correctly.

However, if I go to linux command line(webosquickinstall--tools--linux commandline) and check, it shows ~7gb as free. Did anyone notice this?

Rest of the functionality is great. Apps open up much faster than 1.3.5.

Yes, this problem is there in 1.4.1.1 ROM from treo8. Try any different ROM.

Edited by tushar_163

Yes try different OS, its only reporting wrong, actually its 7gb free

can someone post link for palm pixi plus 1.3.5.1 bypass rom plz....I couldn't find it on treo8. May be they removed it.