Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
amarjot

Updated Palm Pre To 1.4.1.1

no i have reported it - i counted it to be exact 160 on bb 8830 - and send to pre - it was truncated there

( pre has 160 or 140 char. ???)

does 1.4.5 good enough to download n install

Edited by Genius

even if sms is longer than 160 it should come in two parts, which is not happening here.

no i have reported it - i counted it to be exact 160 on bb 8830 - and send to pre - it was truncated there

( pre has 160 or 140 char. ???)

does 1.4.5 good enough to download n install

OK. I meant 160 only, wrote 140 by mistake.

I am using 1.4.5 since some apps are no longer available for 1.4.1.1 or older (navit 3d etc). Otherwise, there's not much change that one can see over 1.4.1.1 (in fact there's hardly any nioticeable change amongst all the webos versions except some battery optimizations)

But you can try if your sms problem gets fixed by 1.4.5 then it'll be better than old versions.

^^ is is the same link (rom) posted by hitesh or diff let me know i shall try

^^ is is the same link (rom) posted by hitesh or diff let me know i shall try

Same.

Very strange.

I had been using 1.4.1.1 v2 treo8 for last few months on sprint pre but never had any sms problem. Am on 1.4.5 now.

Hitesh, you may want to check if these guys are sending SMS longer than 140 characters so its getting truncated. By default Pre SMS app doesn't have character count (you can install if from webos quick install > tweaks or a patch from preware ), so even i made that mistake before i started using the character count when i got the pre.

That means it is not a ROM issue, does it have something to do with PRL.

I am receiving SMS upto 125 char w/o truncation, beyond that even 130 char are truncated.

That means it is not a ROM issue, does it have something to do with PRL.

I am receiving SMS upto 125 char w/o truncation, beyond that even 130 char are truncated.

WAAIIIT ! I just tried and even i am facing some issue. If sms is longer than 130 chars then it sends it in 2 parts but i only recieve the first part with 10 chars and 2nd part with all chars above 130. I sent it to myself. Let me try out a few combinations with someone else's phone and report back.

I am sure this was not there earlier since i send and recieve very long sms's to one friend. Let me also check with someoneelse's normal reliance cdma phone like nokia etc. just in case this is some problem with the network or something.

I haven't changed my PRL since what was originally loaded by the seller. Very Confusing.:confuse:

Sometimes I feel i should stop using these Smart Phones and go back to a simple 3-4K nokia/lg type of handset.

Edited by ami1

^^ Amitabh i have texed u 160 exact - mine with 1.04 is working fine but friends 1.4.1.1 is not ---

----jaldi dhekko kia ho gaya - calling Dr KMM n DK n SAdikk n Kalpak n Hetal n Hitesh n Tushar n All

^ Yes. I am recieving truncated SMS's if the length is more than 130 chars. The 1st one gets truncated very short (20 chars) while 2nd part is ok. I am able to send full 160 chars to others.

Is this what is happening to others also ? Or something different ?

I'll try to put 1.04 tonight and see what happens.

----jaldi dhekko kia ho gaya - calling Dr KMM n DK n SAdikk n Kalpak n Hetal n Hitesh n Tushar n All

Sab bade log kahan hai, Mufaddal ji, Dhiraj ji, find some solution.

Tarun Kabra's New Signature:

post-24516-045110000 1284022000_thumb.gi

Tarun Kabra's New Signature:

post-24516-045110000 1284022000_thumb.gi

:Sorprendido:

Mine too will be like that very soon i think, as i am sort of getting fed up of palm.

SMS issue. Slider delicate. Ghost Taps sometimes on the screen (dialled a few people on its own. Had to move phone icon to right side since ghost taps are only on left side!

Treo 755p was better, if only it didn't have the issue of needing reset before internet connection.

Evo, Incredible or wait for bb torch in cdma. ? Or maybe i should stop all this smartphone fad and just use my old bb 8330 now as a simple phone ?

^^ SMS issue solved by downgrading it to PalmPre_Rom_qinray_1.0.4_v3_source2 --- posted in forum

i downgraded and tried it. thanks Ami1

^^^but i am not facing any such problem on my pixi. os 1.3.5.1

so why you are downgrading to 1.0.4 you can also downgrade to 1.3.5.1

^^^

muffi busy win roza, dk we cant ask , tish time, and also he never used pre, , dont know about hetal usiong pre

but but vinay problem solved by  installing webos 1.0.4

^^^but i am not facing any such problem on my pixi. os 1.3.5.1

so why you are downgrading to 1.0.4 you can also downgrade to 1.3.5.1

this issue with pre not with pixi

@ Vinay, no way of going back to hero atleast. Next will be BB, either Bold 9650 or Torch if launched in cdma. But will use this beauty first for a few months.

@ Hitesh bhai I upgraded to 1.4.5, though the sms problem is same but it resolved the storage problem I was facing on 1.4.1.1. Now I have a usable storage of 7 GB as compared to 5 GB in os 1.4.1.1. Data is also working but only for browser and not for other apps. I am not able to use google maps, app catalog, google account for contacts/calender. What can be the reason.

@ Vinay, no way of going back to hero atleast. Next will be BB, either Bold 9650 or Torch if launched in cdma. But will use this beauty first for a few months.

@ Hitesh bhai I upgraded to 1.4.5, though the sms problem is same but it resolved the storage problem I was facing on 1.4.1.1. Now I have a usable storage of 7 GB as compared to 5 GB in os 1.4.1.1. Data is also working but only for browser and not for other apps. I am not able to use google maps, app catalog, google account for contacts/calender. What can be the reason.

Maybe you need to log into palm profile using the 'backup' app (tap on the top left corner in backup app and you'll see palm profile menu) before app catalog.

Every time i upgrade the rom it takes a few hours of using internet before app catalog will start working. I suspect palm backup is trying to syncing some things or some such thing (since sometimes it starts getting all my old apps back and i have to stop it)

It never works for first few hours after update and always starts working flawlessly later (though occasionally it'll still give error 'this action couldn't be complete' or please update your os etc - but i think that's because i use 1X only and not wifi)

Contacts etc take a lot of time to get sync'd first time after update in my case (1-2 hours of net being connected)

@Genius: Companioin Link USB (CL USB) is attached below in case your app cat is still not working com.companionlink.clusbsync_1.2.4_all.zip

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1

Maybe you need to log into palm profile using the 'backup' app (tap on the top left corner in backup app and you'll see palm profile menu) before app catalog.

Thanks for the hint Ami, but it is asking me for a password and I had never made my Palm Profile earlier. Is there any default PW for Palm Profile.

Regards

Thanks for the hint Ami, but it is asking me for a password and I had never made my Palm Profile earlier. Is there any default PW for Palm Profile.

Regards

I created a palm profile by using the 1st use app and giving my email and new password etc. I guess that should work for you too since my pre is also me*d programmed. The first use app does not complete totally and you can quit it after palm profile has been created.

* Also it sometimes gives phone offline message for a second or two but nothing really happens (i got scared seeing that thinking its getting bricked or something). If you want you can confirm with some guru or your seller once that there's no issue doing this.

Once profile is created you can check by logging in from pc/laptop also on this page (which allows you to remote erase also) then you can use backup app to login before running app cat.

No need to run the backup app fully though as i've found it's useless - quit after its logged in and showing your details etc.

Just FYI, Backup is much better with prebackup or save-restore app from preware. Or just copy the palm database to backup your email/sms/calllog/etc (as mentioned in another palm topic here) while contacts get synced from google/fb/etc and use notes (inglorious apps) to sync with google docs.

Edited by ami1
  • Like 1

I created a palm profile by using the 1st use app and giving my email and new password etc. I guess that should work for you too since my pre is also me*d programmed. The first use app does not complete totally and you can quit it after palm profile has been created.

Thanks again Ami, it worked like a charm. App catalog, Google maps all working flawlessly after creating my Palm Profile. Except the SMS issue, everything else is fine for now. Hope this issue also get resolved soon on the 1.4 onward ROMs.

Regards

btw what sms issue u talking about

i used palm pre for 10 months

and i never used it on 1.04

i started with 1.1 (qinray) --- > 1.2 ( official)----> 1.2.1( official) .....> 1.3 (official)-------> 1.3.5 (treo8 loaded it just to get diag mode and then updated to official) ----> 1.3.5.1 (official) ------> 1.4 (official)------> 1.4.1.1 (official)

never did i see such issue

i never used chinese roms much and most of times i used them only to create profile and data settings and then update to official rom

qinray 1.04 is very very old rom

and as such many new features of pre wont work

no games , no yahoo , bugs etc etc

kills pre experience

may be try some qinray 1.3.5 or 1.4 rom

create daig mode and create data settings and then

use update app and update to 1.4.5

• Like 1

btw what sms issue u talking about

never did i see such issue

Strange, not alone me, even Ami, Vinay are facing the same issue of truncated SMS for longer than 130 char.

qinray 1.04 is very very old rom

and as such many new features of pre wont work

no games , no yahoo , bugs etc etc

kills pre experience

That's why I don;''t want to downgrade

may be try some qinray 1.3.5 or 1.4 rom

create daig mode and create data settings and then

use update app and update to 1.4.5

I updated to 1.4.5bypass yesterday but it didn't resolved the issue, will try this method tonight and update using update application. Hope it will resolve the issue.

Thanks for replying.

^^ i shall try official 1.4.5 any link - i m using that download that comes with webos quick install - carrier sprint

if you use it , you will have to re log in palm profile