Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Samsung Galaxy I899 Launched In Reliance CDMA

good phone, but price i got to know from official source that it is priced at Rs. 19990/-

we have heros, incredible, and evo priced almost same pricing and better features.

i guess its not reliance who launches but blame samsung to realease these phones so late.

reliance or samsung, i dont understand why they under estimate Indian consumers.. if you provide right combo of price and features, everyone will grab it. if you see specs, nothing gr8, except AMOLED.. 3.2 MP, no speed dial (as per reliance), android 1.6, its an old instrument.

I just transferred my number on Samsung 899 yesterday and the phone looks OK, not very great. Data works fine on wifi but when wifi is switched off, it turns to 1x and works for only around 5 minutes, thereafter data does not works. Touch screen sense is also inconsistent, use of nails looks better option. Overall, the phone is not worth the current MRP.

Amazingly fantastic Rev. A phone.

:signthankspin::signthankspin::signthankspin:

:Contento::Contento::Contento:

Only drawback is this phone is not OMH complaint.

:NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste:

It's an OMH compatible phone.

^^^ Dagaji, after using incredible/evo/hero, yeh phone toh bekaar hi ;lagega.. I am sure you would also agree onto this.. :) BTW nice and quick review.. Might help others in making a 'buy' decision. :)

Amazingly fantastic Rev. A phone.

:signthankspin::signthankspin::signthankspin:

:Contento::Contento::Contento:

Only drawback is this phone is not OMH complaint.

:NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste:

It's an OMH compatible phone.

Information source??

^^^ @Kesav, his earlier post says that he has used the handset... what better source do you need??

^^^ Dagaji, after using incredible/evo/hero, yeh phone toh bekaar hi ;lagega.. I am sure you would also agree onto this.. :) BTW nice and quick review.. Might help others in making a 'buy' decision. :)

lekin incredible or evo under 20k nahi milte.

sometimes that 5-6 k extra makes all the difference to your budget.

I just transferred my number on Samsung 899 yesterday and the phone looks OK, not very great. Data works fine on wifi but when wifi is switched off, it turns to 1x and works for only around 5 minutes, thereafter data does not works. Touch screen sense is also inconsistent, use of nails looks better option. Overall, the phone is not worth the current MRP.

Why 1X, when they say EVDO is enabled?

After 5 minutes - if data do not work means phone is not recovering from dormancy.

this phone is available for indian and chinese cdma operators only

this one will not get 2.1 , it will be with donut

besides only advantage of this phone is using EVDO officially on reliance with tinge on android , something which users of imported android phones cant at moment

all i all i fee its a good move by reliance , giving Android experince with EVDO

atleast i say its better than using over priced corby and bb tour

i dont think this one is very overpriced , we should not forget these are official retail prices , even in usa retail prices of hero/incredible are high , most phones sold here are bad esn ones dont forget .

So for people who want official phone and want to taste EVDO this is best handset to do so

Android is double fun when u have EVDO

I fully agree with Dr. Mufaddal. Android with EVDO is fun. Corby or LG cookie can never be compared with android. 20K is almost reasonable. Why consider hero superior, just because it has capacitive screen? Capacitive screen is certainly fun. But we must remember that we are second or third class consumers for them. :angry:

we are second or third class consumers for them. :angry: ]

Relaince ki yehi mentality to change karvani hai... Boycott such handsets... If US market can get Incredibles and Evo/ Moto Droids-X for about 500$ (say 25K), why not us???

Edited by dkaile

this one has capactitative screen

stop whinning guys

atleast they are giving us android with evdo

first people were whinning that they dont give anything

now atleast we getting something

same handset is also widely available on chinese telecom

incredible evo is far , we are not going to get it , so stay happy with what we have

boycotting , who will boycott??

reliance users who are on rimweb are a small fraction

majority of reliance users dont care , they will buy

I am planning to buy a EVDO enabled handset.

1 )Which will be the best choice? LG510 or Galaxy i899?

2) Can we install applications in LG 510? If possible, what kind of apps can be installed?(i meas app extension. jar, sis, etc)?

LG510 runs on which OS?

3) What will be the adavntage of galaxy i899 over LG510?

LG has only half the price of galaxy!

Can anyone post comparison between LG510 & Galaxy I899?

Edited by afzal_6339

:previous:

I am ready to sell my one day old Samsung 899 for 17000, I think you will understand about Samsung.

:previous:

Daga ji apko email kiya hai? i m interested??? but why are you selling it already?

I am planning to buy a EVDO enabled handset.

1 )Which will be the best choice? LG510 or Galaxy i899?

2) Can we install applications in LG 510? If possible, what kind of apps can be installed?(i meas app extension. jar, sis, etc)?

LG510 runs on which OS?

3) What will be the adavntage of galaxy i899 over LG510?

LG has only half the price of galaxy!

Can anyone post comparison between LG510 & Galaxy I899?

There is no scope for comparison. lg is a simple touch multimedia phone where as galaxy is a android smartphone.

jar apps can be run on lg and millions apps can be run on galaxy.

you get all the standard features of any smartphone on galaxy, 32gb support, wifi, gps, email client, etc etc.

it depends on your need, why do you want a evdo phone???

I am ready to sell my one day old Samsung 899 for 17000, I think you will understand about Samsung.

Yes, Samsung quality is disappointing... I handled their "so called" top ace Samsung Galaxy-S (GSM) yesterday and came out quite disappointed.... The interface lags... except the super amoled nothing else was in place...

stop whinning guys

are we so deprived that we should lap whatever we get?? consumer should have a say... this attitude encourages Reliance to take us all for a ride...

Edited by dkaile

Yes, Samsung quality is disappointing... I handled their "so called" top ace Samsung Galaxy-S (GSM) yesterday and came out quite disappointed.... The interface lags... except the super amoled nothing else was in place...

stop whinning guys

are we so deprived that we should lap whatever we get?? consumer should have a say... this attitude encourages Reliance to take us all for a ride...

I totally agree that its a start that we are getting official android evdo handset.

dusre ki thaali mein to ghee jada hi dikhega.

right from automobiles to electronics to it. products launched in US and Japan are much

upgraded and better options.

kisine Samsung ka Wave try kiya. it is there top of the line product not Galaxy S

Wave is based on their proprietory OS BADA

we can never compare, being good consumers if we start appreciating things, there is always

a scope of getting things better. complaining or whining never yields anything.

there is different psychology of every market and strategies are made by these giants as per that.

you cant expect to buy a mustang with 3.7 ltr or 5ltr engine at Rs.11 lakhs (22k usd) if its selling in US

ya phir indian harley davidson which is 6.9 lakhs to 22 lakhs. straight away double the prices.

but at least we can now buy it in india.

we are second or third class consumers for them. :angry: ]

Relaince ki yehi mentality to change karvani hai... Boycott such handsets... If US market can get Incredibles and Evo/ Moto Droids-X for about 500$ (say 25K), why not us???

Actual change is needed at the end of the manufacturers and not service providers.

HTC isnt bringing complete stable to india , not even in gsm.

Motorola has almost closed their handset market in india.

Nokia hardly brings their cdma to india.

Even these companies can launch their omh handsets like samsung is doing.

Without being bothered to tie up with service provider before hand.

this one has capactitative screen

stop whinning guys

first people were whinning that they dont give anything

now atleast we getting something

same handset is also widely available on chinese telecom

incredible evo is far , we are not going to get it , so stay happy with what we have

boycotting , who will boycott??

reliance users who are on rimweb are a small fraction

majority of reliance users dont care , they will buy

Android with EVDO is something new and exciting for rimwebians.

what about the processor of galaxy?

Samsung Galaxy will be available from Monday in Trivandrum, Kerala(Got call from one of Reliance mobile store in Trivandrum).

They sent the offer details(2 months free internet)

Edited by afzal_6339

The phone is already available in many web worlds in Kerala. They are selling it only at MRP which is Rs.19990.

But there seems to be no good deal if we go for Prepaid. After 30days there is only default plan which is charged in per minute.

Can we use HSD recharges in prepaid?

its first time that reliance launched a handset like this , if you reliance subsidized CDMA handset similar to US the scenario could have been different . i will be more happy on the launch of number portability

here is the phone

the OS version is Android 1.5 (about 1 year old)

this cannot transfer files via bluetooth (still you want to call it Smart phone?)

The SMS is threaded view and one cant delete one particular SMS from the thread instead have to delete the entire thread.

There is no better preference set on the phone. there are no options.

Still have to pay 19,990 for this dumb phone.

Its nothing but cheating the Indians consumers