Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kesav

Cookie Zip - LG RD 510

Hi all...

Got my handset & its decent one with may features..

Some quick points..

1. Touch screen experience is OK but maybe i am using Samsung Galaxy Spica too so compared to it, can be rated as 7/10.

2. Browser is inbuilt and called as POLARIS & it has tabs too for multiple sites. I dont find anywhere to install java based apps.

3. Phonebook is good with search on numbers too along with name.

4. SMS features spam which is imp for me. Can block sms based on number or text filters.

5. Same for calls too. Can block calls from specific no. SMS on reject also available.

I am yet to experiment it fully. Will post detailed review till weekend.

@hitesh, I have OMH Card but we dont have EVDO coverage in our city yet so cant comment on it. Maybe if i happen to visit any EVDO zone will update then.

suvirajshetty, hiteshkkk1 and friends, please update your reviews. What about the battery backup ? What about the built quality, brittle when fallen from hand or hard enough to withstand shock and scratch proof? What about the EVDO usage ? Any problem like hang, auto restart?

LG updated their website with LG510 (cookie zip), Lg6300 (CDMA variant of GM200) and LG6210 :clap1:

Hi Friends,

Battery backup is for one and half days with heavy usage and gaming. Built quality is descent.

Never used EVDO as i don't know whether reliance give free 15 GB for two months.

the free GB usage is only for Samsung Corby so i am bit apprehensive to activate it, as reliance will charge me

1750 for 15 GB.

with one 1x, browsing experience is good.

Hi Friends,

Battery backup is for one and half days with heavy usage and gaming. Built quality is descent.

Never used EVDO as i don't know whether reliance give free 15 GB for two months.

the free GB usage is only for Samsung Corby so i am bit apprehensive to activate it, as reliance will charge me

1750 for 15 GB.

with one 1x, browsing experience is good.

Hi,

what abt the battery charging time? does it take 4~5 hrs to completely charge similar to other LG models or less?

hi....

how much time take for charging, when it charge first time(LG 510)...??

how much time take for charging, when it charge first time(LG 510)...??

I think the answer is the same as suvirajshetty answered

it take atleast 2.5 hours to charge completely

Because the same battery and the same charger. If the milli Ampere hour (mAh) of the battery (=battery capacity) increases the charging time increases and if the Ampere (A) of the charger increases charging time decreases. Here both parameters are the same in all recharges. So the charging time will not change.

Edited by KAPILKDEV

friends plzzzz post programming code of LG510 to open hidden menu of browser settings !!!!!

No answers :Confuso: Techies please answer to vikasmahajanz & fennb. Give updates and some good reviews about the handset :sos:

Edited by KAPILKDEV

Could anyone tell me if there is a email client application on the LG Cookie Zip. Thank you.

There is NO email client present in this phone. Only connectivity option is a basic browser. There is tabbed browsing and you have to open mails in browser itself. Any ways browser is pretty basic.

It has built in mail client AFAIK

Can anyone help me to view internet browser in Landscape mode (horizontal mode)in LG Cookie Zip.

It is very difficult to browse the pages in vertical mode,

Can someone confirm reliance activates EVDO for this handset. The problem is that reliance has even defeated the very purpose of OMH and one needs to get evdo activated from the backend even if OMH card is used ( what is the point of OMH, can someone explain to reliance please if they just block the settings from the backend )

Can someone confirm reliance activates EVDO for this handset. The problem is that reliance has even defeated the very purpose of OMH and one needs to get evdo activated from the backend even if OMH card is used ( what is the point of OMH, can someone explain to reliance please if they just block the settings from the backend )

Yes we need to ask CC at *355 to activate Broadband+ service .... we have to fight alot to make them understand our problem.... if one wants to activate evdo you need to ask them to activate broadband service and force them to write a complaint for it...

U also need to tell them that u have samsung corby becoz they say that in LG510 there is no evdo :rofl_200:

For refrence you can have this complaint number : 133902393 this was same complaint written for evdo activation on OMH of LG510 by saying its in corby. This complaint number was successfully solved and my friends broadband was got activated.

Friends plzzzzzz help me to get Prog code for LG510 .... My friend needs it plzzz help

Thanks And Regards

Vikas Mahajan

• Like 1

Can anyone help me to view internet browser in Landscape mode (horizontal mode)in LG Cookie Zip.

It is very difficult to browse the pages in vertical mode,

Sorry to disappoint you but you cannot browse in Landscape mode in LG Cookie Zip. There is no setting for doing this. Surprisingly in their publicity material titled LG510 Launch, they have shown an image of google home page in Landscape mode on this phone. I guess this is just some DTP stuff done by marketing people.

Yes we need to ask CC at *355 to activate Broadband+ service .... we have to fight alot to make them understand our problem.... if one wants to activate evdo you need to ask them to activate broadband service and force them to write a complaint for it...

U also need to tell them that u have samsung corby becoz they say that in LG510 there is no evdo :rofl_200:

For refrence you can have this complaint number : 133902393 this was same complaint written for evdo activation on OMH of LG510 by saying its in corby. This complaint number was successfully solved and my friends broadband was got activated.

Friends plzzzzzz help me to get Prog code for LG510 .... My friend needs it plzzz help

Thanks And Regards

Vikas Mahajan

So when EVDO is activated by this method for LG510, Do You get EVDO Speed both for browsing on the handset as well as PC or only for PC Browsing.

Secondly which tariff plan applies for browsing. RCom site has different plans for Netconnect+. There are 2 other plans for mobile browsing

-In Plan 99 only browsing allowed no download.

-In Plan 299 both browing and download.

Can you have EVDO Speed both for mobile or PC if you subscribe to Plan 99 or Plan 299 or you have to necessarily subscribe to Netconnect+ plans only to get EVDO.

hi,

I want to buy this hand set LG 510.

but little bit confuse which is among the best...

Lg 510 or Samsung corby??

please suggest me the best.

:confuse:

I am a reliance CDMA user, kindly clarify my following doubts:

1. Do I have to subscribe to a DATA plan from Reliance to be able to browse and access emails through resident email client and Facebook?

2. Can we have 3-way conference calls which we can presently access on Reliance network?

3. Does LG510 have multi-touch?

4. How is the music quality? specially if does not have 3.5 mm Jack and we can not add any good quality Headphone/earphones?

Thanks guys.

AKS

1. Do I have to subscribe to a DATA plan from Reliance to be able to browse and access emails through resident email client and Facebook?

2. Can we have 3-way conference calls which we can presently access on Reliance network?

4. How is the music quality? specially if does not have 3.5 mm Jack and we can not add any good quality Headphone/earphones?

Thanks guys.

AKS

I dont think So.

No it does not have multi-touch

Music quality is OK and it does not have 3.5 mm jack

Thanks guys.

AKS

1. Yes for any browsing except accessing R World, you will be charged need to have subscribed to either the default Data plan

which is on per MB Basis or other plans with fixed limits.

By the way where have you seen resident e mail client in this phone. I could not see it anywhere. Please tell from where to access

resident e mail client.

friends plzzzz post programming code of LG510 to open hidden menu of browser settings !!!!!

It is 159753. Enjoy :Riendo:

thanks a ton friend :) i haven't tried it yet will try and confirm for the same :)