Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Free Facebook Mobile Access With 0.facebook.com On Reliance Gsm

Reuters

May 19, 2010, 11.15 AM IST

Facebook, the largest social networking portal has rolled out a new mobile site “0.facebook.com” along with around 50 mobile operators in 45 countries and territories with zero data charges.

This new offering has been optimized to deliver a speedier user interface for people who access Facebook via their mobile on the go across the globe. Facebook’s 0.facebook.com is simply a faster and lighter version of Facebook’s mobile site m.facebook.com. The 0.facebook.com has been composed of all of the key features of Facebook, with no graphics or photos in order to make it faster.

To bring this new service for the Indian users, Facebook has tied up with one of the leading mobile service providers in India, Reliance Communications (RCOM). With this status updates and photo uploads on Facebook are only one click away from 0.facebook.com for Reliance users.

The service is being made available as a zero data charges in order to relieve the users from the hassles of cost of data plans. Yet, standard data charges will apply when a person leaves 0.facebook.com to view photos.

“Facebook is a great social utility connecting people with their close network of friends and others. Indians have already embraced Facebook in a big way to keep up with friends, share photos and links and videos. We’re extremely delighted to announce that thanks to our collaboration with Facebook, millions of our subscribers will now be able to access Facebook for free through 0.facebook.com. We are happy to announce this offer to all of our GSM/RTL subscribers,” said Mr. Anil Pande, Head – VAS, Reliance Communications.

Besides RCOM, Videocon is the other mobile operator in the country which would be providing the service of 0.facebook.com (according to the data on Facebook’s official page).

Do note that though browsing 0.facebook.com from any Reliance Mobile service enabled handsets is free, you will be charged with data charges if you leave that link. For instance, if you happen to be on 0.facebook.com and click on the photos recently posted by your friend, then you'll be charged standard data charges for viewing those photos outside the 0.facebook.com link.

The mobile only version – 0.facebook.com – will be currently available for two operators in India, Reliance & Videocon and Tata Docomo will soon join the ranks as well.

29870_10150198037505484_591250483_12629674_3008837_n.jpg

Has anyone tried? No charges at all?

Its only for RGSM not for RCDMA correct me if i am wrong!!!

Yes, it's only for GSM, not CDMA...confirmed...

actually when i tried from ma mboile browser !! u r mobile operator has nt recognized for free facebook browsing.........

I can confirm that it is working fine as I have checked it now and attached the screen shot here. As you can see in the screen shot it specifically says "Free Access by Reliance GSM".

post-1-127537426755_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

@arun : that looks like a screenshot from a n82 :P

I am using it since last 10-15 days. Great Service.

i used it the 1st day of Launch and was unable to Make Comments,Like and Update my Status.

I Am Using FB from Opera if not from my Desktop

I am using it,It is very nice,but the speed is very slow.

@arun : that looks like a screenshot from a n82 :P

Yes, but no prizes for guessing :P

Hi -

This Bhavesh from A'bad. I have "Samsung Star GT-S5233A" mobile handset with "Reliance GSM" card of (8000XXXXXX) series mobile number.When I tried to open "http://0.facebook.com" then it gives error message that "Sorry, 0.facebook.com is only supported by select mobile carriers and is not available from your mobile carrier."

Do u have any idea about how can I resolve it? or Whether it is specific to Mobile handset. I have also tried with "HTC Touch 2" mobile handset but it still gives same error message.

Can you please help me? This is very urgent for me.

Thanks

Bhavesh