Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

RIL to setup its own towers. It means it will not use Rcom or any other third party towers.

more details here...

Edited by csmart

^ the article also says that these towers may be only for rural and sub-urban roll out of 4G services, also RIL can rent them out.

While in urban areas there are many towers from Indus, Viom, ATC, Bharti Infra, Reliance Infra etc etc. RIL will push all options!

On reading the article, I think RIL will never launch 4G service in 2012 or even in early 2013...

Reliance is waiting for the new unified licensing regime which talks about VOIP being legal before launching services. It's now clear that they want to launch voice with data. Insiders also say that Mr. Mukesh Ambani & Team is also prime mover behind the new policy.

So the delay apparently is for that reason and intentional. Otherwise no company can match Reliance for project execution speed and timely completion.

yes. MDA is the true successor to the Dhirubhai throne.

agree with rajan,

also no company can bend and twik policies and change it as per their need, what reliance can do it with just one hand.

• Like 1

Otherwise no company can match Reliance for project execution speed and timely completion.

Ditto.

In fact i may add.. RIM was launched first and then moved fast to connect the dots/ flaws which came out of it. When this HUGE Mass gets the momentum, everything that is in the way gets crushed or thrown to the side..

Reliance Industries finalising plans to roll out pan-India internet services

Reliance Industries

, which has pan-India spectrum for broadband services, today said it is finalising plans to offer internet services in key areas of

education,security,financial services and entertainment.

The company however, did not give a launch date of its much-anticipated service.

"We are currently finalising our plans to offer services on a nation-wide basis and will be happy to report our progress in the coming years,"

RIL

Chairman and Managing Director

Mukesh Ambani

said while addressing the company shareholders.

He said the company plans to provide digital services in key domains such as education, healthcare, security, financial services, government-citizen interfaces and entertainment.

"We are confident that in coming years, Reliance's digital services would fundamentally change the lives of hundreds of millions of ordinary Indians," he added.

Infotel Broadband, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries, had won a 20 Mhz slot pan-India broadband wireless spectrum (BWA) spectrum for Rs 12,847.71 crore in 2300 Mhz spectrum band and the company is conducting technology trials for rolling out services.

Ambani said Reliance has a unique green-field opportunity to create a state-of-the art digital services platform, without being constrained by any legacy issues.

"Our vision is to help develop the hard, soft and social infrastructure needed to create an integrated digital services business model," he added.

The group is present in energy and retail sectors, while it has big plans for telecom and finance sectors.

Edited by SantoshRoyal

Once again BLAH BLAH BLAH with no useful info, but direct from mouth of MDA... Well done AirHELL-Trojan Horse...

Reliance Likely To Bid For Telecom Spectrum

Source

Reliance Industries is likely to bid for mobile telephone spectrum in the upcoming auction to complement its wireless broadband services with voice call facility.

The oil-to-textile group headed by billionaire Mukesh Ambani is making a re-entry into the telecommunication business and is being talked as the most aggressive bidder in the November auction of telecom spectrum.

Sitting on a cash-pile of Rs 70,732 crore at the end of the June quarter, RIL was the most notable participant at the pre-bid conference organised by the Department of Telecom (DoT) in the run-up to the auction.

RIL is most likely to put a direct bid, a source privy to the development said. If for some reasons it is unable to make a bid by itself, the company may fund purchase of spectrum by another company and then acquire it. A company spokesperson declined to comment on speculation about the issue.

The company had in 2010 re-entered the telecom space after it acquired Infotel Broadband which had won pan-India spectrum for offering high-speed internet broadband. The pan-India spectrum that RIL holds through Infotel Broadband does not has permission to provide voice calling facility.

Any spectrum that does not allow voice calls is not a big revenue earner and so RIL as the next logical step would want to acquire spectrum which it can bundle its high speed mobile broadband service, the source said.

The government plans to begin auction of spectrum vacated from cancellation of 122 telecom licenses by the Supreme Court, from November 12. The source said representatives of RIL subsidiary Infotel Broadband have been attended meetings organised by Department of telecommunications on proposed spectrum auction.

RIL entered in to telecom business by acquiring Infotel Broadband on the day the later won pan-India airwaves frequencies for Rs 12,847.71 crore in 2010. The company has already revealed its plan to use LTE technology for its country wide network deployment but is yet to start its services.

Government has plans to auction airwaves frequencies in 1800 Mhz band and 800 Mhz band which are being currently used for GSM and CDMA mobile telephony services respectively. A new player bidding for 1800 will have to pay minimum of Rs 14,000 crore for pan-India services and for 800 Mhz band it is Rs 9,100 crore.

According to auction rules, for 1800 Mhz band, new entrants will be required to bid for minimum of 4 blocks each of 1.25MHz in each service area and for 800 Mhz band it is minimum of 2 blocks each of 1.25MHz in each service area. RIL has plans to provide digital services in key domains of national interest such as education, healthcare, security, financial services, government-citizen interfaces and entertainment.

I read somewhere that present operators including rcom declined to share tower with RIL so either it acquires AIRCEL( which rumor is MTS buying it) so definitely it will bid for spectrum.

Hoping RIL opts for CDMA and that our LTE handsets work on their network too, but at the same time pessimistic brain says that will never happen.

Please excuse typos and brevity, sent while mobile.

Our LTE handsets are working on 700MHz and he is launching on 2300MHz... So your pessimistic brain wins now Dipan ji....

Lots of my friends in Telecom field got offer frm HFCL ltd. So MDA is action now and would be launching by early 2013

Edited by FEVIN-RAJ

Get me an offer too na bhai Fevin, I am also in telecom sector, should I PM you my E-Mail I.D. to take it forward? Am serious.

May be Dipan ji, you are serious... But I am NOT sure MDA is serious... Further launch on early 2013 doesn't seems possible... May be the ex-AirHELL guys in HFCL is scr8wing them well, like they very successfully scr8wed RCom... They are helping AirHELL to be monopoly on LTE for a very loooong time... But AirHELL's greedy plan is NOT helping them, even though they are monopoly in market...

MDA is too shrewd a business man to be scr*wed around sir.

True. As and when they launch, they are going to surprise customers and shock & awe competitors.

Atleast that's what i wish.

I wud Aldo like to take dealership or outlet. If Bybody knows where to apply. Pl let me know. I will apply for my area

^^^^^^

Till now there is soooo many speculations and rumors going on and NO SINGLE concrete action has been seen...

They said they have been talking with tower cos for sharing... Then news came they are in for purchasing towers in bulk for cheap...

They said Education blah blah, Emergency medication blah blah, distant learning via internet blah blah, e-governance blah blah...

They said their tariffs will be around Rs10/GB whereas 3G operators are providing for Rs100/GB... They even said as if they are the real savior of netizens' hunger for broadband at reasonable price.... This happened about two years back...

Now there is news that they are interested in 2G auctions to provide voice + Data.. Another news is they are going to compete with MTS in getting Aircel...

First they said they are going to share/buy RCom towers to reduce their debt and increase MDA's LTE coverage easily... Now news is even RCom is NOT ready to share with him as he is asking for way too small rent...

I want to SHOUT WTF is going on MDA???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too agree CID sir, that when they launch, they are going to surprise customers and shock & awe competitors.... But in those cases (launch of RIM CDMA), their actions spoke louder than words.. But NOW reverse is happening... I have earlier seen MDA as fierce tiger... But now in the case of LTE, he is just a BARKING dog... I want to remind barking dog, seldom bites...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the way things are going, It is bringing very little hope for me... All the supporters have his past as the only hope... But I will be more than happy, if I am proved wrong finally...

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 1

I am not wondered to see the delay Infotel is making.

See Airtel has launched 4G in two cities for 5 months - subscriber base is 3000 around - which is not appreciable. I came to know that Airtel is busy to show off complete 4G coverage in Kolkata, that's why they launched in Kolkata very first. But in most places the BTS is cat-1 type - never to provide that 50Mbps speed. Even in Kolkata they stopped promoting 4G/LTE. Even at suburbans Airtel does not have fiber backhaul.

So Infotel is more about learning from the mistakes from Airtel and at the same time creating OFC based backhaul. Infotel will never launch services with an incomplete plans and infrastructure.

I think my grandson will be using Infotel. Lol

• Like 1

latest rumor/report: RIL may sell 26% shares of Infotel Broadband to AT&T !!

• Like 1