Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

Definitely it helps a lot.

Firstly it can avoid mistakes committed by airtel.

What to do ?(from AT & T experience) and what not to do ?(learning from airtel)

Foolproof planning.

It can avoid unnecessary expenditure

Better service quality with the experience of AT &T

More funds available to increase the coverage unlike airtel

Availablity of more handset to end user.

I Think we can one more revolution in indian mobile industry like MONSOON HUNGAMA-501 from same person MDA :hi2:

RIL is not participating in upcoming 2g auction

RIL might take over videocon Telecom business for Voice services, As per CNBC news

But Videocon licenses are also in dispute right.. Whether Videocon is participating in 2G auction???

^

It is - in GSM as well as CDMA, going by Sougata da's post in the 2G thread.

http://economictimes...ow/16941993.cms

RIL seeks permission for Voice over LTE...., God know when will they start deploying the same

SK Telecom,

Korea is already deployed the same

http://arstechnica.c...-with-3g-calls/

http://gigaom.com/eu...ial-deployment/

Edited by SUDYEcaZ
  • Like 1

May be they will buy some 2g operator like loop or videocon

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

May be they will buy some 2g operator like loop or videocon

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Probably they won't.

With unified license coming up. there is a very high chance that they will be able to offer voice service with current license

• Like 1

Any further development?

^^^^

Don't expect any fruitful move for at least 6 months...

already major device testing lab tasting is didn't but they can not get for VoLTE Permission yet or they don't have fall back voice carrier in partnership (MVNO). They also have not finalize for the Infrastructural partners yet

• Like 2

Reliance Infotel to Use Russia’s SPIRIT DSP’s VVoIP Engine on LTE-TDD Network

Pan India 4G spectrum winner Infotel Broadband Services Ltd, owned by Reliance Industries is reported to use a software platform made by Russian software maker SPIRIT DSP to offer voice and data on its upcoming LTE-TDD networks.

Russian software maker SPIRIT (Software Products Integrated Research International Transfer) is going to provide a voice and video over IP (VVoIP) solutions to Infotel. As VoLTE ready handsets are yet to be launched, Reliance Infotel is forced to use purely software based solution.

Founded in 1992 SPIRIT develops embedded software solutions for real-time voice and video communication over IP networks – voice and video engines which are used by several telecom operators, equipment manufacturers, software developers, web services and social networks serving over 1 billion users in more than 100 countries.

SPIRIT’s cross-platform Mobile TeamSpirit engine (RCS-compliant videosoftfone) will deliver HD voice and video transmission as well as data on any devices running any operating system.

As users worldwide are moving to use Skype, Viber or other free web calling services, operators are forced to bring such native applications of their own to add extra revenue on their sheet. Using operator over the top (OTT) Reliance will soon be offering quality alternative to Skype or Viber in LTE network which may be killer for existing 3G and partly 2G operators.

It can be reminded that earlier Reliance informed about such an unique platform for simultaneous voice and data services and asked TRAI to give mobile numbers to test it in Jamnagar, Delhi and Mumbai.

It is quite interesting that Mukesh Ambani headed Reliance Industries is appointing little known companies to its dream telecom project; for eg Samsung will provide LTE BTS, Infinera to provide OFC gears and VVoIP platform to be provided by SPIRIT. Advantages are going for RIL; they can bargain for best stuffs (read, more India centric) at cheapest price.

------------------------------------------

Interestingly we got the PR today !! :D

--------------------------------------------

There are something happening inside RIL Infotel, one of my friend tweeted 'Reliance 4G testing in full swing' from Mumbai, though he did not share anything quoting not in the freedom to share anything. I guess Dec 28th may have some announcement from Infotel.

• Like 1

As per different sources RIL may roll out Infotel 4G in certain cities before April-May 2013. Even lightreading.in [http://www.lightreading.in/document.asp?doc_id=228321] said Infotel coming in 40 cities in 2013.

Interestingly RIL played a goof up with ET [http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/reliance-industries-a-generation-behind-on-its-4g-yet-to-finalise-action-plan/articleshow/18068277.cms ] that it is still confused with policy. It may be to confuse the media as well as the competitors.

the 1st link for lightreading is not working, it just goes to the default / home page

As per different sources RIL may roll out Infotel 4G in certain cities before April-May 2013. Even lightreading.in [http://www.lightreading.in/document.asp?doc_id=228321] said Infotel coming in 40 cities in 2013.

Interestingly RIL played a goof up with ET [http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/reliance-industries-a-generation-behind-on-its-4g-yet-to-finalise-action-plan/articleshow/18068277.cms ] that it is still confused with policy. It may be to confuse the media as well as the competitors.

Ground work have already started in Panvel as there is cable laying work going on here... <br />Asked the incharge and they said they are laying cables of RIL 4g....<br />Was happy to see it here.... <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

• Like 1

^^ great update! but as I heard Infotel is quite ready to roll out 4G in Mumbai and Jamnagar, they are waiting to get a nod to start voice services also!

Even i heard the same.... I even read here itself that they tested for VOIP also... But after seeing the work in Panvel I am also confused.... <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

i don't even care about voice on 4g,

as long as i can get 4-8 mb/s data - my apple tv can start working over 'myfi' and i can dump my 2mb/s bb from mtnl

Reliance Infotel Broadband is now Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd. (RJIL).

Reliance plans to start 4G rollout from Navi Mumbai
The Hindu Business Line - February 1, 2013

Reliance Industries is gearing up to launch its fourth generation telecom services from Navi Mumbai, with the company seeking permissions to install towers across the satellite city.

Senior Reliance Industries executives have already met officials of the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation seeking permission for the towers. The company intends to start rolling out the services from Vashi, near Mumbai, according to sources close to the development.

A senior official of the NMMC said the company proposes to install high-mast towers, which will serve the dual purpose of a base station for the cellular network and provide street lighting. In the first phase, 126 such towers would be installed.

“These towers would be installed according to the company’s requirement. If a site has an existing NMMC street pole, then that pole would be removed and a new high-mast tower would be installed,” the official said.

High-mast towers are usually installed in areas such as factories, airports and large public areas, which require bigger areas to be illuminated. Such towers are about 100 ft tall, while the regular municipal pole is about 30 feet high.

Incidentally, Reliance Industries (RIL) has its corporate office in Navi Mumbai. The company, controlled by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, is slated to launch 4G operations this year through its subsidiary Infotel Broadband Services.

An RIL spokesman, when contacted, declined to comment. Infotel Broadband plans to set up towers (fabricated structures made mainly of steel) that would support its 4G equipment (base transceiver stations). RIL is in talks with the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai for setting up about 8,000 4G towers.

After 2.5 year wait, now whenever i see Reliance 4G proposed launch news...

Only this VIDEO comes to mind, Tarikh Pe Tarikh :(

Now the next date is supposed to be July/August 2013 :angry:

• Like 8

As per business standard.

navi mumbai muncipal has approved plan of RIL. Infra will be created by RIL maintance will be done by muncipal. RIL will pay rent along with free bandwidth for CCTV.

Article aslo mention that RIL will lease out 50K towers of RCOM