Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

:previous:

Finally! MDA achieved the goal of all india voice license for cheap at just Rs 1658 Crore through this policy change! :Sorprendido:
The GSM cartel must be shocked to death and won't sit quiet. :ranting::mad44::suicide:

Is it voice over Internet or direct voice?

Is it voice over Internet or direct voice?

There is no restriction on the technology that is being used (to provide voice services),

I believe it's Reliance AT&T........finally the much awaited re-entry of mukesh bhai is gonna happen...he is the only person who understands the real potential of this industry

So we can expect firecrackers soon

Which Handsets will it support? Is there any available handset supporting it.

Only Motorola Droid Bionic. :P

Sent from my Droid Bionic via Reliance Wireless

Handsets will be the first problem, next is in-building coverage as 2300MHz will be worse than that of 2100MHz 3G... In 3GSM atleast our phones switches to 2G when 3G coverage is scarce or in low in-building coverages, but in VoLTE thats not an option...

why are people worrying about this?

i plan to get mifi [pocket rechargable personal wifi] and get 4g on all my wifi devices including ipad

Airtel has announced Huawei p1 LTE smartphone, but never launched, because they were also waiting for this order ;)

RIL teams up with Samsung, plans 4G phones for Rs 5.5k

Times News Network - Mar 6, 2013, 03.38 AM IST

Mumbai: Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries (RIL) is said to have finalized Samsung as a partner to source the Korean conglomerate's long-term evolution (LTE) technology platform for its much-talked about bundled data & voice services over high speed 4G networks across the country.

The game-changer deal that is set to shake up the Indian telecommunications market is not just restricted to Samsung's technology but goes far beyond as Samsung has agreed to offer entry-level 4G smartphones at a little over $100 (about Rs 5,500) for use with RIL's voice and high-speed internet services, said a source close to the deal. A 3G-enabled Samsung phone can be bought for around the same price today. The entry-level smartphones are likely to be sold with data packages starting at as low as Rs 100, said the source, adding that even high-end smartphones will be made available at minimum down-payments and the equated monthly installments (EMIs) will be incorporated in subsequent bills at a 0% interest rate.

RIL is planning a soft launch in Mumbai and Delhi by mid-2013 and a formal launch is set to be announced later this year, most likely on December 28, the birth anniversary of Reliance founder, late Dhirubhai Ambani.

Both RIL & Samsung declined to comment on the deal.

However, sources in the know told TOI: "Samsung will not be just another vendor to RIL supplying handsets as it was when Reliance Infocomm was launched in 2002. They are seeking a much broader role. A possible joint venture could also be in the offering." Reliance itself is not averse to the joint venture model these days, unlike in the past.

For Samsung, the JV with RIL will not only pave the way to capture the third biggest mobile market in the world but also allow it to use the India launch to showcase it in the US market as well where it wants to give Apple a tough fight, said sources. Samsung has already scored in the Indian market by taking the first-mover advantage by bagging the RIL deal over its rivals Huawei and Alcatel-Lucent, among others.

RIL, which is known for pushing vendors to the wall when it comes to squeezing out margins, apparently hasn't been able to replicate it with Samsung this time as it did a decade ago. The reason: Samsung, which entered the mobile phone business in 1997, is now three times bigger than RIL in terms of sales and four times larger in terms of net profits and is seen to be giving a tough fight to Apple in many markets with its smartphones and tablets.

"We went to the Korean giants before the Reliance Infocomm launch to manufacture handsets at $100, a price never heard of then in early 2000. They didn't entertain us then. We came back to our drawing boards, did an in-house research and went back to them showing how handsets can be manufactured within $100 and told them if they don't manufacture handsets for us at that price, we will do it on our own. In the process, they will miss out on a billion-dollar opportunity. That's when they gave in," admitted a Reliance insider on how companies like LG and Samsung had fallen in line to manufacture handsets for RIL during the Infocomm launch 2002.

• Like 5

gr8 tactics by relience if you dont mfg for us then we have others who will do it for us........& look now samsung is bigesst phone mfg in the world................An Indian Connection.

Sandip Das, who made Vodafone India from the scratch, is going to be positioned at Reliance Jio Infocomm. Now he is at Maxis, as well as at Aircel.

Sent from my IRIS_501 using Tapatalk 2

Jaipur too is in line to get 4G from ril

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-3349-136478503449_thumb.jpg

Ril to kickstart services in Delhi, Mumbai and Jamnagar at first stage, then metros > 700 top cities > pan India. And of course Jaipur is in the list.

Sent from my IRIS_501 using Tapatalk 2

Voice over 2.3 GHz spectrum is not a great idea. Many people prefer CDMA because of signal strength and voice quality and both are lost once we move to such a high frequency. I would rather prefer them to launch LTE alongside our normal CDMA and GSM network like Verizon\Sprint and At&T respectively.

Not sure if ppl r aware of this. Reliance is having its SUVs going around Mumbai with camera mounted on top of it. I think its going to come up with its own version of maps for India n makes sense for player who.has pan India license.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

^^ if possible take some pictures of the SUVs !!

Reliance Jio Infocomm, RCom ink pact to share fibre optic network

Source NEW DELHI, APRIL 2:

Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd and Reliance Communications Ltd today announced the signing of a definitive agreement for approximately Rs 1,200 crore for sharing RCom’s nationwide inter-city fibre optic network infrastructure. Under the terms of the agreement, Reliance Jio Infocomm will utilise multiple fibre pairs across RCom’s 1,20,000-km inter-city fibre optic network to provide 4G services.

Under the agreement, Reliance Communications will, in turn, have reciprocal access to optic fibre infrastructure to be built by Reliance Jio Infocomm in the future.

The agreement provides for joint working arrangements to be put in place immediately for upgradation of the optic fibre network.

"This agreement is the first in an intended comprehensive framework of business co-operation between Reliance Jio Infocomm and Reliance Communications to provide for optimal utilisation of the existing and future infrastructure of both companies on reciprocal basis, including inter alia, inter-city fibre, intra-city fibre, towers and related assets," said a statement from RCoM.

This is the first major deal announced by the two companies after the Ambani brothers split the Reliance empire. Earlier this year RCom had signed a billion dollar deal with Alcatel Lucent for upgrading its telecom network, including optical fibre.
  • Like 2

fianlly a deal between RIL and RCOM

RIL will pay RCOM Rs1200cr onetime fees and will hav access to all the towers and optic network. RCOM will also have access to all the optics and towers that RIL build.

After this i guess RCOM will stop investing in infra and will depend only on RIL in future

^^ if possible take some pictures of the SUVs !!

Will try to take it next time...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

might b just rumours.... Reliance Jio launch by next week..... but must say sources are unconfirmed. the timing is very interesting. 3g service on many companies can stop due to legal hassles.