Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

might b just rumours.... Reliance Jio launch by next week..... but must say sources are unconfirmed. the timing is very interesting. 3g service on many companies can stop due to legal hassles.

typically reliance

Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio Infocomm gets 10,000 numbers to test 4G services

Economic Times - 19 Apr, 2013, 09.57 AM IST

Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio Infocomm has been assigned the 10,000 mobile numbers it needs to test its 4G services on a non-chargeable basis, a person familiar with development said.

The Reliance Industries' unit has been given 4,000 numbers in Delhi and Mumbai each and 2,000 in Jamnagar. Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC), the technical arm of the department of telecommunications (DoT), has been excluded from the trial records, the person, who did not wish to be named, said.

DoT, however, has guarded the right to publish Reliance Jio's trial findings on its website in case it deems fit to do so in consumer interest, the same person said. RIL did not respond to an emailed query sent by ET seeking information on the development.

ET had reported in December that DoT was mulling allocation of the Mobile Switching Centres (MSC) codes, based on which cellphone numbers are allocated. At the time the TEC had suggested that testing be restricted to a geographic area at a time, and the same infrastructure be used at different circles. It had suggested that the government set a time frame for the test and not allow the company to offer commercial services during this phase.

The DoT had said that since RIL's is the only firm to hold fourth generation airwaves on a national basis, it should be allowed to connect its networks with other telecom companies for testing purposes. Hence the 10,000 people can make and receive calls from existing mobile customers.

the DAPO 2 begins?

Reliance Jio Ties Up With Bharti Airtel For International Data Connectivity

After announcing a tie-up with RCom, Reliance Jio today announced it has signed an Indefeasible Right to Use agreement with Bharti Airtel under which Bharti Airtel would provide data connectivity to Reliance Jio in its i2i submarine cable. The i2i cable connects India with Singapore and is wholly owned by Bharti Airtel. It consists of eight fibre cable pairs and Reliance Jio will utilize one dedicated pair capable of multiple terabits of capacity.

sleeping with the enemy?

• Like 1

Rjil and hfcl merger..? from last some days RJIL start collecting all the info of HFCL employees like there speciality,scope of work,subject expert.

Hfcl already close one of there office in MBP and shift all the on roll employees to new building inside RJIL Campus,new Mumbai.

Sent from my HTC S710d using Tapatalk 2

Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Jio Infocomm gets 10,000 numbers to test 4G services

Economic Times.

Does anyone has any info about this test?

Kind of devices? data capabilities? is their voice also?

Operating frequency is still a mystery..

@tapatalk/MOTO-XPRT

Edited by ni0987

Indian middle class has just recently discovered comfortable pricing for 3G and have an abysmally low 3G subscription base compared to even China & Brazil.

I think that telcos, instead of thinking to increase the bandwidth even more, can start working with VAS technology start-ups to create an initial demand for the same.

Today when i was going out I saw cable being laid in my area on closer look I found Reliance jio infocomm ltd written on them. The guys who were installing it told me that it is being laid in my entire city patna. I also took some pics which I am posting here and if you look closely after zooming them you can see reliance jio infocomm ltd written on them. can somebody tell me after looking the pic if these wires are for cell site back haul or for fibre broadband. It will pass just 150-200 metres away from my residence. I wish it is for fibre broadband as it is being laid all around the city. can any one confirm?

post-52105-0-17159300-1369328987_thumb.j

post-52105-0-35542100-1369328992_thumb.j

• Like 1

Similar cables are being laid on the main road bang outside my home. Markings on cable are Reliance Industries Ltd and Infotel Broadband. Upon asking, a labourer type person said, "Woh Reliance Ka Tower Ke Liye Hai".

I do hope that they will provide fiber wireline broadband connection also! Broadband Nirvana!!! :Sorprendido:

any idea whether soft launch started in Delhi?

In Nellore (Andhra Pradesh) they are erecting towers on war footing. They are approaching building owners for erecting towers but with lower rentals and longer lease periods and the owners are hesitant to give for longer periods on lease.

Here is Full Text of Mukesh Ambani's Speech at Reliance AGM today related to Reliance Gio Broadband.

Reliance Jio - Our Digital Services Initiative

Dear Shareholders,

In my address to you at last year's AGM, I had talked about India's potential to leapfrog the world and become a global leader in the delivery of digital content, applications and services.

I had also mentioned that Reliance has a unique green-field opportunity to contribute to this transformation by creating not just a cutting-edge broadband network, but also a powerful platform on which a range of rich digital services can be enabled.

In continuing to hold a bullish view about the potential of the Indian digital services market, many may well count me among the optimistic minority in the Industry.

Let me assure sceptics that my continued optimism is based on the significant strides that we at Reliance have taken in the past year - towards engineering and testing a world-class broadband network, and in developing a suite of compelling and synergistic digital services.

Today, I remain stronger than ever in my belief that Reliance will, through the Reliance Jio initiative, radically transform the lives of 1.2 billion Indians.

I say this because I believe that India's future is digital. Indeed, mankind's future is digital.

I envisage a new India in the not too distant future, where almost everything we do today is digitally transformed to a value-creating and life-enriching new experience cutting across all strata of society.

Micro and Small businesses will soon have access to cutting-edge technologies which historically only the bigger companies could afford - giving them a new edge to compete on a global landscape.

I see a new India which will create a whole new generation of entrepreneurs leveraging these digital assets - whether through creating new applications to address India's pressing challenges in socio-economic development or in using them to create great customer experiences.

I see a new India which will use digital currency instead of paper money, for a more secure and more convenient way to transact.

I see a new India, where teachers, students and researchers from far-flung areas can connect with each other, and lift the level of education and knowledge creation to a completely different plane.

I see a new India, where access to expert medical advice would be available anytime, anywhere - with medical practitioners able to grow their practice without constraint, and provide affordable quality of life services to everyone.

In the coming years, Reliance Jio's next-generation digital infrastructure and services platform will catalyse a transformation and will embrace almost every facet of India's economic growth and social progress.

And, this is just the beginning.

I am glad to report that I am joined in this belief by my team of passionate and hardworking colleagues at Reliance Jio Infocomm, who have worked - and continue to work - tirelessly to make our vision a reality.

It is personally gratifying for me to see that we continue to attract the best of talent to our project.

From less than 700 professionals a year back, most of them based in our Navi Mumbai campus, the Reliance Jio team has grown rapidly to a national footprint of over 3,000 professionals today.

And we estimate that over the next year we will grow the team further to a national strength of nearly 10,000 professionals. For all of us at Reliance Jio, this is not a business that we are bringing to market.

We are bringing our passion and belief to the market to transform India.

We have also finalized the key vendor and supplier partnerships that are required for the initial launch of our services. These strategic partners too are deeply invested in the realization of our vision and have committed significant resources, knowhow and global talent to support planning, deployment and testing activities currently underway.

Our vision for India is that broadband and digital services will no longer be a luxury item - a scarce commodity - to be rationed amongst the privileged few.

We envision an India where these are basic necessities to be consumed in abundance by consumers and small businesses alike, as much in far-flung villages as in our largest cities.

Together with our partners, we have charted an ambitious plan for the next 12 months, and we at Reliance Jio foresee making rapid progress over this period towards launching our services across India.

Our impatience to reach our goal demands a sense of urgency, but not careless haste.

The legacy we are striving to create for the country needs a solid foundation which will carry the aspirations of our youth into the future, and we need to build it with diligence and care.

That is our opportunity, as well as our promise.

By the time we meet next year, I will report on the specifics of the substantial progress that we would have made.

NO specific information on rollout and plans and equipments.Disappointed

Reliance Industries, Reliance Communications Strike More Than Rs 12000 Crore Telecom Tower Pact

MUMBAI: Billionaire Ambani brothers today announced a Rs 12,000-crore deal, wherein Mukesh will use towers owned by a firm run by his younger sibling Anil for launch of his telecom venture.

Reliance Industries Ltd's telecom arm will lease up to 45,000 mobile masts from Reliance Communications Ltd in a deal valued at more than Rs 12,000 crore over the lifetime of the contract, the two groups announced today.

The second deal between the brothers in as many months will give an estimated Rs 800 crore per annum additional revenue to Anil's Reliance Communications if the deal tenure is 15 years.

"Under the terms of the agreement, Reliance Jio Infocomm will utilise up to 45,000 ground and rooftop based towers across RCom's nationwide network for accelerated roll-out of its state-of-the-art 4G services," the two groups said in separate but identical statements.

Reliance Jio Infocomm is the only company which had in 2010 won a pan-India spectrum for 4G services but is yet to start commercial services.

The deal comes two months after the Ambani brothers had struck their first commercial deal when Mukesh agreed to hire Anil's optic fibre network for launch of his telecom venture. The pact was valued at Rs 1,200 crore.

The agreement announced today provides for "joint working arrangements to configure the scope of additional towers to be built at new locations to ensure deep penetration and seamless delivery of next generation services," the statements said.

• Like 1

Zee business says reliance infotel to start operation from 16 December

i think it would then be 28 Dec. Birthday of Dhirubhai.

Whatever the date is, it's almost sure that Reliance Jio is launching 4G services in Delhi, Mumbai and Jamnagar by December 2013, even it is a soft launch.

Full launch next year, flurry of background work ongoing

Two words - game changing

Beyond that I cannot say without losing my job etc.

• Like 5

Let's hope its launched and maintained well.

In delhi I am getting such bad evdo speed everywhere and a specific thing is that signal strength has chnaged and it's draining the battery life anything.

I am so fed up with bad evdo and battery draining signals that am seriously trying to find ways to get mts or rata on my cdma handsets.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by joshm

Evdo speed has always been pathetic in Ahmedabad. Only reason to remain with reliance now is voice clarity of cdma and very less (almost negligible) call failures on first attempt. In Vodafone or idea during pick hours or is almost impossible to get call through on first attempt.

Yes it is cheaper and I may be saving couple of hundred rupees per month.