Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

Full launch next year, flurry of background work ongoing

Two words - game changing

Beyond that I cannot say without losing my job etc.

As long as gurus get it working on our imported 4g handsets, it's great, else we will all require new gear to utilise the game change.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Full launch next year, flurry of background work ongoing

Two words - game changing

Beyond that I cannot say without losing my job etc.

As long as gurus get it working on our imported 4g handsets, it's great, else we will all require new gear to utilise the game change.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

As far as I know the mobiles that support the frequency(2300Mhz), TDD LTE technology & SIM Unlocked(or I should say network unlocked) will have no problem to be used with Reliance Jio 4G.

• Like 1

dont think it would work on imported sets -- different frequency band

Reliance Jio gets DOT nod for unified license for voice calling services

Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Jio Infocomm has received DOT’s approval of its application to get a unified service license, which will now allow the operator to expand its services to even voice-calling services pan-India. So far the operator owned airwaves for broadband wireless access (BWA) in India. According to an ET report, Reliance Jio has been asked to pay a one time fee of Rs 1,673 crore for the unified license, which is required by an operator to provide multiple service across circles in India.

Apart from the aforementioned entry fee, the company has also been asked to pay Rs 440 crore as performance bank guarantee and additionally, Rs 22 crore as financial bank guarantee, which makes brings the total to Rs 2,135 crore.

We know that Reliance Jio is betting big on VoLTE on 4G and has for long been testing its 4G network in India. Despite being late to the telecom party, it has a huge advantage over incumbent players considering that is the only company to have a pan-India license to provide 4G services with its pan-India block of 20MHz spectrum in the 2.3 GHz band. Airtel is the other big 4G player in India.

This approval comes after the Telecom Regulatory of India recently issued guidelines for unified licenses for operators. These guidelines replaced the existing system of United Access Service License (UASL), and have been made mandatory for all telecom companies. It will basically allow a telecom operator to offer any service under one permit instead of holding different licenses for different services.

• Like 4

Will port in to reliance jiocomm from vodafone once they start service in mumbai.anyone knws from which month onwards it will starts its services..

Will port in to reliance jiocomm from vodafone once they start service in mumbai.anyone knws from which month onwards it will starts its services..

Its long waited, no confirm dates yet !

On Dhirubhai Ambani's Birthday... :)

• Like 1

^

Your source?

Because full services are not ready for launch, testing is on going.

Some time back I read in Indian Express and Economic Times that Reliance Jio 4G services will start by the end of this Fiscal year in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkota and JamNagar.

• Like 1

Dhirubai's birthday is 28th Dec.

On 28-12-2002 Mukhesh Ambani announched the launch of RIM, though the actual soft launch in Delhi happened in March and full service Launch happened in May 2003.

They already are testing Jio networks at Delhi & Mumbai.

So given the history, it is highly likely that on 28th Dec M.D. Ambani would come out with similar announcment of launch of Jio services, altough actual service launch may take some more time.

Edited by commonman
  • Like 3

agreed,

i'm guessing at least a quarter for marketing / sales launch after soft launch [3-4 months] putting it after holi 2014 when you can start buying any devices

and 2 qtrs for commercial / billing start [6-7 months] for the top 2 metros since delays are inevitable for rollout & testing

in all, it would be almost a year after the orginal launch date given when ril won the 4g auction

Dhirubai's birthday is 28th Dec.

On 28-12-2002 Mukhesh Ambani announched the launch of RIM, though the actual soft launch in Delhi happened in March and full service Launch happened in May 2003.

They already are testing Jio networks at Delhi & Mumbai.

So given the history, it is highly likely that on 28th Dec M.D. Ambani would come out with similar announcment of launch of Jio services, altough actual service launch may take some more time.

With M&A policy coming in. Spectrum trading allowed what is going to stop Reliance jio from offering full services for Voice?

As per my understanding Reliance jio is more interested in FTH services rather than Mobile Voice services.

One fiber will bring in host of services like Landline Phone(VOIP), Cable TV, on top of that Voice service which can be given via using spectrum of RCOM. In future Reliance jio will bring in devices capable of VOIP/FAX/answering machine/Wifi Router.

Charges around Rs1000-1500 for all the service.(landline+ cable+ High speed Internet+Wifi Router)

assuming 'Reliance jio is more interested in FTH services rather than Mobile Voice services';

they are still going to invest in and offer 4g in the top dozen metros else they would be crazy to buy the spectrum and ignore the mobile voice market.

i expect mobile voice to contribute a majority of mobile revenues despite their focus on data

r.j.l. has already paid for the universal license to offer voip in any case from trai

With M&A policy coming in. Spectrum trading allowed what is going to stop Reliance jio from offering full services for Voice?

As per my understanding Reliance jio is more interested in FTH services rather than Mobile Voice services.

One fiber will bring in host of services like Landline Phone(VOIP), Cable TV, on top of that Voice service which can be given via using spectrum of RCOM. In future Reliance jio will bring in devices capable of VOIP/FAX/answering machine/Wifi Router.

Charges around Rs1000-1500 for all the service.(landline+ cable+ High speed Internet+Wifi Router)

I live in Mayiladuthurai in Tamil Nadu. . I see cablelaying works all through the town for last two weeks. . Today I saw "Reliance jio infocomm" in all the cables that have been laid. :-)

Not sure if its been discussed mentioned out here but I got to know that Anil Rcom has been taken over my Mukesh and he is soon gonna rebrand the same to reliance Jio. May be in just another month or so. I am sure few of us know that. Jio is nothing but same network rebranded by Mukesh with 4G.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

^ ^ ^

Source of that rumour?

May be that could be rumour for some people, but I have a very good know person who works with Rcom and he spoke to me about this stating that soon they are rebranding to Jio. Also continued stating that many top brass from rcom have been shuffled and down sized since Mukesh wants his own new set of team.

The only thing which makes me believe the news is the iPhone offer

Anil can never dare come with such offers... only Mukesh can..

and its true.. excellent investment opportunity for investing in Rcom shares

Yes that's 100% true as well. I have seen this same person (friend of mine) showing me this iphone 5s offer about a month ago and the directives had come from Mukesh. Infact they wanted to rebrand rcom to Jio at the same time. But I guess its gonna happen during Dec on DA birthday. May be then we all would come to know. But guys mark my words this is what is the inside details. I am shocked to know how come people on this forum don't know this???? Its really strange.

If at all all you say is true Yogesh then I can say good times ahead RCDMA users

• Like 2

One of my friend who was associated with Airtel earlier (Lucknow) is now with "Jio" since 3 months and some 2 weeks ago, he too said something like that.

How to forget that Mukesh loves Telecom business and he was the one who started it!

Yes that's 100% true as well. I have seen this same person (friend of mine) showing me this iphone 5s offer about a month ago and the directives had come from Mukesh. Infact they wanted to rebrand rcom to Jio at the same time. But I guess its gonna happen during Dec on DA birthday. May be then we all would come to know. But guys mark my words this is what is the inside details. I am shocked to know how come people on this forum don't know this???? Its really strange.

cdma and lte are different services then what about rcom customers?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk