Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

Even Bandra, Santa Cruz, Vile Parle, Andheri are not covered along the Western Express.

They don't seem to have coverage between Malad & Dahisar areas of western suburbs in Mumbai. So Malad, Kandivali, Borivali & Dahisar aren't covered as yet..

Sent from my HTC PO682 using Tapatalk

I've seen some fiber cable layout being done in Malad area. Seems they will have good coverage of Mumbai before they do official launch.

@ni0987 yes I'm interested to test it, they have tower close to my house.

It is confirmed... Reliance Communications is slowly and steadily preparing to take the role of Jio Reliance India Mobile Communications in about next four to eight months.

Sent from my RM-914_using Tapatalk

hope that existing RCom customers will get some benefit

No 'Pilot' location near my area ... :(

Was eagerly waiting for them to launch the service.....

It is confirmed... Reliance Communications is slowly and steadily preparing to take the role of Jio Reliance India Mobile Communications in about next four to eight months.

What exactly is going to happen?

Some re-branding? takeover? Stake sale?

I believe it should not be more than sharing Infra, else Ambanis will have to pay Market price for spectrum (RCOM spectrum is not based on market rate)

Just saw another article with some pictures of the Jio Infra:

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/report-reliance-jio-infocomm-demos-4g-lte-for-the-first-time-in-mumbai-1946643

Pictures from the link.

1946798.jpg

1946670.jpg

They plan to offer entire communication needs of a home/office.

Data, Mobile voice, LL voice, IPTV.

Pictures shows a person needs to install signal receiver, Wifi router, IPTV box and another box (purpose unknown).

Do you think an average person would be able to pay for this setup?

Can we spare time for taking care of these boxes?

I suggest all this should be merged in one box except the receiver box (so that it could be placed for best signal-reception).

Edited by ni0987

It is industry standard ftth & triple play - the same that is being used in uk etc

Not a single box is extra or redundant

Trust me

As I had said long back, this will be a game changer in India

• Like 1

<p>I think what they are doing is integrate all things into one.... </p><p> </p><p>Internet, Smart TV, Landline.... </p><p> </p><p>This is the best thing... We choose what we want what we don't... </p>

I wonder if LG G2 would work with Reliance Jio ....

Eagerly waiting for the service to launch...

I wonder if LG G2 would work with Reliance Jio ....

Eagerly waiting for the service to launch...

LG G2 802 wont work.. I think 804 TA variant will work.. In other words, Don buy from us/uk/singapore etc. Buy from Australia..

It is band 40 (2300 Mhz) for TDD-LTE in India, so no support for any of those handsets. iPhone 5S A1530 and 5C A1529 released in India supports it.

Hmm... I thought maybe the Band is supported after tinkering with the software... :P

^^^ It's kind of software but the correct term is Firmware, and it's propreitary software(firmware) of the corresponding company(Ex: Qualcomm etc.,), they simply don't provide the drivers for the band to work so even though most of the models of the present generation high end smartphones use same chips, certain bands are disabled(it's called hardware disabled) in some models by not providing the necessary binaries for the hardware to work. The best example is Nexus 4, even though it had firmware to support LTE in North America, Google & LG haven't advertised it and after it was found that LTE is enabled in Nexus 4 by the users, they started using it, then only Google pushed an update that disabled LTE support.

Edited by st_7

Looking forward to 4g in Navi Mumbai area!!

It is band 40 (2300 Mhz) for TDD-LTE in India, so no support for any of those handsets. iPhone 5S A1530 and 5C A1529 released in India supports it.

LG G2 Aussie Version D802TA has td lte support..

Check http://www.lg.com/au/mobile-phones/lg-G2-D802TA/technical-specifications

I have a small query may sound dumb though if I am right 4G or LTE as MDA is offering comes under GSM segment right?.If such is the case why would MDA buyout cdma arm of Rcom how would it benefit him.I dont get the logic.Any ideas as to when MDA plans to turn his vision to lesser privilaged places like chennai which need good internet connections

^^^ CDMA spectrum(800 MHZ) is most efficient spectrum for DATA(other than 700 MHZ), any carrier would love to hold that efficient spectrum, I'll not be surprised if MDA back Reliance Jio Info buys RCOM's CDMA arm thus buying 800MHZ spectrum. In the next Spectrum auction, Government is selling some blocks in 900MHZ spectrum, which many companies are eyeing to latch on to.

I have a small query may sound dumb though if I am right 4G or LTE as MDA is offering comes under GSM segment right?.If such is the case why would MDA buyout cdma arm of Rcom how would it benefit him.I dont get the logic.Any ideas as to when MDA plans to turn his vision to lesser privilaged places like chennai which need good internet connections

this news came in nagpur edition of sakal, Marathi newspaper. As per this news, Nashik, Maharashtra will be the center for 4g rollout by next 6 months.

post-16401-138968856649_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Reliance Jio Starts Deploying LTE Towers In NCR :

http://m.lightreading.in/lightreadingindia/news-analysis/287077/reliance-jio-starts-deploying-lte-towers-ncr-sources?utm_source=referrence_article

Gagandeep Sodhi| January 14, 2014|

The much-awaited launch of Reliance Jio Infocomm is getting closer. The company has started deploying towers in the National Capital Region (NCR), according to reliable industry sources.

"The testing phase is over now and Reliance Jio has started deploying Global Base Monopole towers in Noida and Greater Noida," said a well-placed industry source.

Though the date of the launch is not known, it is no longer a secret that the company would launch operations in the metro cities of New Delhi and Mumbai. Reliance Jio Infocomm recently granted media preview of its services. (See: Reliance Jio Inches Closer To Launch.)

This was corroborated by another well-placed industry source. "Yes, the towers have come up in Noida and Greater Noida and they belong to Reliance Jio. All the infrastructure deals have been closed and the company is gearing up for the launch of the services now."

Reliance Jio had granted order for Li-ion telecom batteries for 10,000 Global Base Monopole (GBM) sites across the country.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

In Andhra Pradesh also they are installing towers. I have vetted the lease agreement with Reliance Jio by one of my client @ Nellore and around 14 towers in Nellore are under installation.

Babulu

@nellorian, do you know any other parts of the state that are getting this 4G infrastructure(other than Hyderabad)