Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

Same here at Surat...

sent from Motorola DROID BIONIC HD on Reliance Wireless

Link not working

RCom Kerala Circle head who was with Reliance since 2002 and also known to be very close to Mr ADA has resigned along with the core team and started a new business initiative in Cochin.. Talking about RCom reshuffling in near future.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I was browsing another forum and found below comment. I just want to know weather the 2300 Mhz spectrum can be refarmed to work with 2100 and 1700.

im.png

Edited by magesh

5e5y8u6a.jpgyqygabu8.jpg

Just 1.5 k.m far from my home ( Surat )... :D. ;)

sent from Motorola DROID BIONIC HD on Reliance Wireless

Edited by matriX1218

I was browsing another forum and found below comment. I just want to know weather the 2300 Mhz spectrum can be refarmed to work with 2100 and 1700.

No

Reliance Jio Starts Deploying LTE Towers In NCR: Sources

rjio-tower January 14, 2014 by Gagandeep Sodhi Comments(2) no-image Post a Comment Print | Reprint | Bookmark and Share | Email This | RSS Rate this item (0 votes) The much-awaited launch of Reliance Jio Infocomm is getting closer. The company has started deploying towers in the National Capital Region (NCR), according to reliable industry sources. "The testing phase is over now and Reliance Jio has started deploying Global Base Monopole towers in Noida and Greater Noida," said a well-placed industry source. Though the date of the launch is not known, it is no longer a secret that the company would launch operations in the metro cities of New Delhi and Mumbai. Reliance Jio Infocomm recently granted media preview of its services. (See: Reliance Jio Inches Closer To Launch.) This was corroborated by another well-placed industry source. "Yes, the towers have come up in Noida and Greater Noida and they belong to Reliance Jio. All the infrastructure deals have been closed and the company is gearing up for the launch of the services now." Reliance Jio had granted order for Li-ion telecom batteries for 10,000 Global Base Monopole (GBM) sites across the country. rjio-tower

Read more at: http://www.lightreading.in/lightreadingindia/news-analysis/287077/reliance-jio-starts-deploying-lte-towers-ncr-sources?utm_source=referrence_article

rjio-tower1443-120x120.jpg

I think they will use hi frequency WiFi routers / repeaters install on this towers, as ther is no cabins near any towers and main things it is to closer, like in jamnagar gidc all ready 5 towers installed in 2.5 km area. ???

Laying down fibre optics and erecting towers are all fine. But will the tariff justify this technology. (or did I get the it the other way round?)

Laying down fibre optics and erecting towers are all fine. But will the tariff justify this technology. (or did I get the it the other way round?)

The technology and scale is not just India first, but a world first

Tariff remains to be seen as I am not privy to commercial information, but going by MDA's track record, expect disruptive pricing

Tariff remains to be seen as I am not privy to commercial information, but going by MDA's track record, expect disruptive pricing

Not too sure about "disruptive pricing" with this. No one else is trying to take off the starting-line with them. But yes, we can always hope and expect :)

^^^^^

With sooo much hype already created around RJio's 4G, it may not take off if MDA launch at costly tariff and MDA definitely knows this well than everyone...

• Like 1

where i can see the Jio 4G network map of jaipur?

Edited by cooladitya007

Not too sure about "disruptive pricing" with this. No one else is trying to take off the starting-line with them. But yes, we can always hope and expect :)

Again, I find your posts today to be veiled digs, almost to get a reaction out of the other poster

I work for them in some capacity and know some things as I have already mentioned in this thread. I do not claim to know commercial information though

Feel free to interpret what you want

@ Dipan.

No digs, just expressing my views on this. This is an open forum to do that, remember?

Good that you may be privy to some insider info with the company. Let us all know how things turn out first-hand.

@ Dipan.

No digs, just expressing my views on this. This is an open forum to do that, remember?

Good that you may be privy to some insider info with the company. Let us all know how things turn out first-hand.

Yes I know it is an open forum, I have been a member here for 7 years thank you

I cannot let you all know insider info due to obvious reasons, and moreover I have no reason to do it when all you do is make sly digs at any "informed" views that I make

First you openly wonder if the tariff is going to be worthy of the technology, then I say I have to reason to believe it will be, then you say you are not convinced, and then you expect me to justify why I say so? Is this a baiting game or what?

Thanks but no thanks - you stick to your views and I will stick to mine

You say you are expressing your views. May I ask based on what? I have info to base my views on. And I have already given my views. You, seemingly, have no info yet you question what I said - that is not "expressing views" sorry, that's just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing

I will not reply to your posts on this topic anymore

• Like 1

Dipan Bhai,

I have been curious. Once this service is launched. Is it like a WiFi network that you search your device and latch on. Or it works on registered devices only.

Gist being, would it easily work on our imported handsets or it would be a long process and loads of work for our gurus.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Vandan ji,

Honestly, I do not know about imported devices registration so I can only speculate. My knowledge is very silo-ed

If the imported handset supports the bands then purely technically there should be no limitation but I do not know what CRM processes will be used here - I hope ultimately the Nashikkar guru on our forum will do something about it

The wifi thing is for home either via a CPE which will connect wirelessly to their towers or via fiber to the home - the picture of which is already posted on this thread - it is the same way that SFBB is being rolled out in other countries

^^^^^

Hmmm, I remember last year (reported by our CID RM ji) that some Qualcomm chip is capable of handling all LTE bands category in world and is coming to Android phones in future. (Even it may become a norm for higher end atleast, I guess). If those phones will work on RJio LTE then that will be soo good...

Actually I read it's not Qualcomm... Some company developed it and Intel bought that company.. Forgot it's name.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

@digitalnirvana

Airtel 4G at Kolkata uses a SIM to identify subscribers, both in the dongle and in the router. The SIM can be interchangeably used in both devices.

Is R-Jio coming up with a different model?? both are supposed to used the same LTE technology??

Dada

RJIL will have 2300 and 1800 Mhz bands and Airtel 4G at the moment is limited only to dongle not phones that too only on 1800 Mhz IIRC

RJIL is going to have a 4G pocket router to which you can connect phone so one can theoretically tether 2G/3G phone using wifi

Dada

RJIL will have 2300 and 1800 Mhz bands and Airtel 4G at the moment is limited only to dongle not phones that too only on 1800 Mhz IIRC

RJIL is going to have a 4G pocket router to which you can connect phone so one can theoretically tether 2G/3G phone using wifi

Dipan ji, are you sure Airtel is offering 4G on 1800 Mhz, I thought Airtel is offering on 2300 Mhz using TDD-LTE technology, by the way they just started offering 4G on mobile phones(not sure where I read it).