Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

an insight into the cable laying process by Reliance Jio:

The equipment namely Vermeer horizontal directional drilling equipment is used for digging earth for laying cables. The equipment inserts 200m length pipe into the earth. "Without engaging more labourers and without digging a stretch, the cable is laid. Really it is a surprise. But we do not why the cable is laid," said S Vellaisamy, a resident of Pudhur.

In the city, four such equipment have been deployed, said a contractor named Ali. The cable work in the city is being done for the Reliance Group. "Cable-laying works are on after Reliance, which will provide 4G services, secured permission from the corporation,' Ali added.

The equipment, which costs Rs 1.5 crore, obviates the need for huge manual force. It will speed up work in less time, he said. It can cover 200 m within two hours if the path is clear. If there is any obstruction like rock, the direction will be changed, he said.

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/madurai/4G-cable-laying-work-on-in-Madurai/articleshow/31238443.cms

Again received on WhatsApp just now, Surat people may verify here....

Surat declared as Wi-Fi city from today by Shri Narendra Modi.For next 3 months free Wi-Fi.4G Reliance jio has started free service from today.In 42 Areas Of Surat:

1.Hira bag(varachha)

2. S.t stand

3.Turning point(mota varachha)

4.reliance fresh near baroda pristz

5.P.P savani hart inst(varachh)

6.Civil Hospital

7.Veer Narmad uni

8.Udhana Darwaja (Apple hospital)

9.Iscom mall

10.parle point

11.athea get

12.Parshuram garden (Adajan)

13.L.p savani(pal)

14.Gujrat gas(adajan)

15.sosiyo circle(udhana)

16.bhagal char rasta

17.lal darwaja

18.rander mustak circle

19.city plus(Hajira)

20.Rajhans swapn(Mota varachha)

21.sita nagar chowk(puna)

22.shivani motars(puna)

24.G.D goyenka school

25.rangila park(dhod dod)

26.sahara darwaja

27.S.M.C zone office trikam nagar

28.dumas resort

29.bhavani circle(katargam)

30.rashi circle(katargam)

31.reliance nagar(amroli)

32.rajwadi party plot(amroli)

33.ankur school(katargam)

34.barfi vala collage(sumul dairy road)

35.rajhans office (bhataar)

36.star bazar(adajan)

37.aashadeep school(nana varachha)

39.g.g jadafia school

40.surat cente

41. Sciance city

42.saradar market prime bank..

Tested and verified !

Wi-fi Name- 'GOLINE'

Speed:Download- 5 MbpsSurfing- 25 Mbps.........

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

^^^^

like many of the 'urban legends' on WA nowadays & election is 100 days closure, so even a false propaganda is propaganda after all..

Few days, ago when NaMO said in some state that in Gujarat there are water pipe lines of such big size that you can drive a maruti car in it !! I am living in gujarat & have seen most people buying RO system since govt is not giving enough water so people have to use borewell. << Anyways, this is a different topic for different time.

I am from A'bad & haven't seen such free wifi service offering by anyone so far & friends in Surat also have no idea, where is this free wifi thing available,except in WA messages!

Reliance Jio Infocomm 1800MHz Spectrum Win Confirms Takeover of Videocon Telecom

Posted by Webmaster on Feb 14, 2014 in Reliance Jio Infocomm | Comments Off

The 1800Mhz Spectrum Auction comes to an end with Reliance Jio Infocomm winning 14 out of the 22 Circles. R-Jio has won 5MHz-7MHz of 1800MHz spectrum in 14 circles for a total investment of ~Rs111bn. We believe it would look to complete the pan-India footprint in 1800MHz (to be used for 2G voice) through acquisition Videocon Telecom.

The Circles where Reliance Jio has bid and won the Spectrum complement the circles where Mukesh Ambani backed Videocon Telecom has already secured 1800MHz spectrum in the 2012 Auction. Have a look at the chart below which compares the 1800MHz Spectrum Foot print of Videocon Telecom & Reliance Jio Infocomm.

reliance-jio-videocon-spectrum.jpg

From the above chart it is evident that Reliance Jio Infocomm didn’t bid in circles where Videocon already has a footprint with the exception of Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh the two states which are close to Mukesh Ambani’s industrial empire and may witness some unseen State of the Art Network Deployment and Telecom services anywhere in the world. MP was the first state which erstwhile RCom got its operating GSM license for in early 2000. The takeover of Videocon will help Reliance Jio get PAN India footprint in 1800MHz band thus augmenting the 2.3GHz 4G LTE Spectrum band.

Got a new lg g2 d802.. GSM Arena shows it`s not compatible with our band ie. band 40.. but on trying the hidden menu in lg, i could see band 40 support.. I`m from tn. Please someone in Karnataka with lg g2 try to see if it`s working with airtel lte..

3rd in the whatsapp series, sharing here only for information. Not disputing whatever silent_god has posted earlier. Everyone knows feku too well here. Though I admire Modi, I am totally against such shenanigans....

Ok here it goes, enjoyyyyyyy the 3rd series, expecting Rajkot tomorrow, Lolzzz.

Jamnagar declared as Wi-Fi city from today by Shri Narendra Modi.

For next 3 months free Wi-Fi.

4G Reliance jio has started free service from today.

In 8 Areas Of Jamnagar :

1. Viral bag

2. S.t stand

3. Crystal mall

4. Saat rasta

5. DKV college

6. IRWIN Hospital

7. DHANVANTRI university

8. SASOI dam

9. JOGGERS Park

10. Darbar ghad

Tested and verified !

Wi-fi Name- 'GOLINE'

Speed:

Download- 5 Mbps

Surfing- 25 Mbps.........SAUNO SATH SAUNO VIKAS......EK BHARAT SHRESTH BHARAT...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by KumaarShah

I will confirm this news by tomorrow. I was heading back from office, I stopped over at kankaria Lake and scanned the wifi network. Jio came in the list but signal was weak so couldn't able to connect it. Shall try tomorrow morning and update.

And ofc cable has been laid last week by RJIL just outside of my house.

• Like 2

One of my Pune Friend Confirmed Airtel LTE working on Verizon S3 with 85,mbps Speed

• Like 5

85mbps :surprise:

my god

1Gb in less than a minute?

^^ 4G means 100Mbps.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk 2

See for RIL Gujarat is the top state, so if they start rolling out WiFi in cities to cities in Gujarat, no wonder!

With WiFi services free of cost, they can easily understand consumers' browsing or download habits and those can be implemented in upcoming 4G services.

^^^^
so far, Free Wifi is only Whatsapp messages & not in reality. None of the Gujarat users have confirmed so far, about this Free Wifi thing. Had it been the case, it would have surely get reported in Local papers / media. I haven't seen such a thing at least in Baroda / Ahmedabad. No personal idea about Surat or Jamnagar !! It's election propoganda, as of now..

• Like 1

Here is the Details.

WiFi HotSpot Area - Kankaria Lake

WiFi Name - Jio

You need to register on the Jio Portal once you gets connected to the hotspot. You will get OTP after registration. No impressed with download speed. maybe everybody is leeching. It is Lake area so many visitors. but nevertheless it is free.

E1W4r8N.png

I1z9equ.png

tPSW4RR.png

• Like 3

Can someone please explain how Rel Jio is offering WiFi, I thought they had licence for 4G WiFi. Even assuming that they can offer anything free, how will a consumer receive 4G signals on his 2G or 3G handset or his home/office WiFi modem/router? I am asking this because cisco_tech86 has confirmed receiving 'weak' signals of Jio on WiFi - No idea if he got these signals on his HTC One or Z10 or BB9780. Maybe some of these handsets are 4G capable in India?

Or have I missed out something here?

And if Rel Jio is indeed offering free WiFi in Gujarat for 3 months, can they offer it on any other mode instead of 4G?

Can someone please explain how Rel Jio is offering WiFi, I thought they had licence for 4G WiFi. Even assuming that they can offer anything free, how will a consumer receive 4G signals on his 2G or 3G handset or his home/office WiFi modem/router? I am asking this because cisco_tech86 has confirmed receiving 'weak' signals of Jio on WiFi - No idea if he got these signals on his HTC One or Z10 or BB9780. Maybe some of these handsets are 4G capable in India?

Or have I missed out something here?

And if Rel Jio is indeed offering free WiFi in Gujarat for 3 months, can they offer it on any other mode instead of 4G?

Wifi signals are free, No license for the same

This are similar to the Wifi signals that we receive at most of the airport

• Like 1

They will have a portable 4g router which will create wifi Hotspot using which existing wifi enabled devices can connect

The above messages seem to be rumors though - afaik only blr offers free public wifi on one road in India and that was widely reported in media so city wide free wifi would have caused a lot of media attention

• Like 1

@Kumaar bhai

They are not giving 4g for free

They are giving free hostpot for free. Which you can access thru any Wifi enabled device. Like phone, laptop, ipad etc.

For 4g or lte user need to change their sim cards, also need compatible handsets.

tapatalking.....

• Like 2

This is just free wifi Hotspot. It's our media and aam junta made it 4G because it is coming from RJio.

I tested this on my moto g. Backend is RJIL fiber network.

^^^

Thanks cisco_tech86, Hitesh, Dipan and Sudarshan for the clarifications.

Edited by KumaarShah

One of my Pune Friend Confirmed Airtel LTE working on Verizon S3 with 85,mbps Speed

Now I'm really paranoid, how come Verizon S3 can be used with Airtel LTE or any LTE network(that are impleted so far) for that matter. I've just gone through the detailed specs of that particular device again, it seems it only supports FDD-LTE B13(700 Mhz frequency) band only and Airtel or any other provider only offer 4G LTE on TDD-LTE 40(2300 Mhz frequency) band. In fact the latest Sprint phones, which have TDD-LTE support also don't work on our present 4G networks because Sprint uses TDD-LTE 41(2500-2600 Mhz frequency) band. Please shed some more light on how your friend got it working(I mean did he flash any modem of other models...., done little bit research there were no TDD LTE devices back then during the release time of Samsung Galaxy S 3 and there were no S3 models that support TDD LTE network either).

Thanks.

Is there any phone that supports both TDD-LTE @ 2.3GHz AND FDD-LTE @ 1.8GHz, so that we can use RJio's Pan India LTE as well as liberalised spectrum 1800MHz by RJio or Airtel which they got in recent auction???? Thanks...

Rajan ji, where are you?

iphone 5s and 5c supports both band but indian one only.

@kanagdeepan nanba, There is iphone 5s and lg g2 d802 which comes under u epectations.. BTW, as per gsmarena, d802 has no support for band 40. But, when i access a hidden menu, it seems possible to activate band 40.

Is there any phone that supports both TDD-LTE @ 2.3GHz AND FDD-LTE @ 1.8GHz, so that we can use RJio's Pan India LTE as well as liberalised spectrum 1800MHz by RJio or Airtel which they got in recent auction???? Thanks...

Rajan ji, where are you?

The situation is very complex when it comes to the mobiles that support of these LTE Bands, as a matter of fact all LTE Bands. There aren't (m)any that support both, in fact AFAIK only one model of Apple Iphone 5S or 5C support both these bands(band 3 & 40), the model number is A1530, although most of the international versions of flagship phones of almost all the manufactures do support Band 3(FDD-1800) like Nexus 5. Even some of the US models support Band 3 like Iphone 5S or 5C(US Models) themselves. The problem is that TDD LTE especially Band 40(2300 Mhz frequency) is only deployed in handful of countries and ours is one of them, hence there are very less models that support this LTE Band. The deployement of LTE on Band 40 is picking up pace, the more big or important countries use it, the quicker the manufacturers will be compelled to support these Bands. But we(in India) are also moving to dual-tech LTE model, and may finally completely move to FDD in the course of time with few TDD LTE networks. We may see devices that support both of these bands in a year or so.

But issue for us is that our main source country for mobiles, US, doesn't have networks that operate on these two Bands(3 & 40), hence we will only find few or couple of manufacturers(if at all we do) Apple(Iphone) & Google(Nexus) launching products which support at least one (Band3) of these two Bands(3 & 40). These two manufacturers are following the path of releasing just two models(in Apple Iphone case) or one model(in Nexus case) for the entire North America, hence we may find more Bands to be supported. Even Nexus 5 North-American version doesn't support either of these Bands(3 & 40) inspite of having an impressive support of LTE Bands, it's the international(Indian) version only that support Band 3. Otherwise, no US phone support the LTE Bands that we need. The problem with Carrier Specific models is that although the hardware supports it, they make manufacturers leave the firmware support for the Bands other than their own network work, which is called Hardware Disabling and once its done it is highly difficult to get it work with the other bands that the particular phone is not inteded for, only option is to flash modems from other models which is highly risky.

Edited by st_7
  • Like 2

Friends, I have a question to ask. Recently bagged 1800mhz spectrum by operators will be used for 2g voice or launching FDD-LTE service. Particularly reliance jio, as jio doesn't have voice spectrum to route calls or are they planning to route calls through circuit switch fall back on 2g on 1800 MHz.

Lots of confusion on plans of jio with regards to liberalized 1800 MHz spectrum.

Rest of the operators I am sure will jump to 4g on 1800 MHz band and in case of airtel, they will vacate old 900 spectrum on 2g with new auctions and will start 3G on 900mhz band and provide 2g voice on 1800mhz