Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

:clap1::clap1:

Reliance Jio Infocomm (RJIL), a telecom arm of RIL and Reliance Communications (RCom) announced the signing of agreements for change in spectrum allotment in 800 MHz band across 9 circles from RCom to RJIL, and for sharing of spectrum in 800 MHz band across 17 circles.

As part of the enhanced strategic collaboration, both companies also intend to enter into reciprocal Intra Circle Roaming (ICR) arrangements. Access to enhanced spectrum footprint in the 800 MHz band will complement RJIL's best-inclass LTE services rollout, providing increased network coverage and superior service quality.

The spectrum arrangements between RJIL and RCom will result in network synergies, enhanced network capacity and will optimise spectrum utilisation and capital expenditure efficiencies. Both operators anticipate considerable savings in operating costs and future investment in networks. RCom's customers will benefit from access to Reliance Jio's world class nationwide 4G LTE network under the reciprocal sharing and ICR agreements. The arrangements are subject to liberalisation of RCom spectrum in the 800 MHz band and obtaining requisite approvals. These agreements further strengthen the comprehensive framework of business cooperation between RJIL and RCom Group, following the nationwide long term IRU agreements for inter and intra city optical fibre networks, and for sharing of telecom tower infrastructure.

according to the above agreement

The subscribers of RCom will be able to access RJio's LTE network under the reciprocal sharing and ICR agreements.

Rcom users can access only the 850MHz band or 2300MHz + 1800MHz as well? If they can access all, then there is no need to go for RJio by buying new volte phone, as we can use existing phones like Lenovo A6000 on Rcom as well. It will surely affect the growth of RJio IMHO...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

then RCom will need to prove special SIM that will work on CDMA as well as LTE 850, 1800, 2300

• Like 1

OMG that RECRU - RGE - RECU evdo sim along with 4G lte support??

Rcom better stop providing stupid sims where data working is as good as gambling in 4G LTE at least, IMHO..

LTE 850, then all sprint and us cellular LTE phones having band No5& 26 phones i.e LTE 850 has to work. Am I correct?

Even at&t phones should work. But they will not have band 40 support which has more capacity and present in all circles...

It is surprising from reports that RJIO LYF band of handset does not support 800 MHZ ....can anybody re-confirm ?

I am curious about the reason for sale and share agreement..Is this an arrangement by which a single entity does not own 10mhz thus avoiding rule violations.Because on one hand rcom sells spectrum to rjio and on the other acquires spectrum from MTS and the merged entity (rcom+mts) wants to share spectrum.

Can any one enlighten me

Boost moto e 2nd work with jio 4g with only LTE data no voice..at 850 band only...

Sent from my SM-G360FY using Tapatalk

All such articles mainly focus on spectrum holding...

Dont forget AVOID is having best coverage, build over years of planning and customer feedback

Jio will surely have blackspots for years.

Airtel/Vodafone have enough cash and customer to fight Jio on pricing front as well.

N if Jio/RCOM can do ICR for 4g/3g/2g...AVOID can also do the same

Edited by SUDYEcaZ

Actually the 850MHz trade and sharing is just for covering the coverage holes.. Airtel is most probably safe with minimum churn, Idea also is almost well positioned in its leadership circles.. Only Vodafone is in big trouble, I guess..

But the problem for RJio will be NOT in form of fight from incumbents, but the mutual ICR agreements between RCom and RJio, especially if RCom can use ALL of the 4G spectrum incl 1800MHz and 2300MHz and NOT just 850MHz.. RJio has to start from ZERO customers now, but RCom already has 8+ crore customers and almost 3+ crore customers are data users.. So who will use the 4G network more????

See, if people can use 4G from RCom / RCdma, then what is the need to go for RJio??? For example, I have a corp connection of 16 numbers and only 6 of them needs data.. Its better for me to use RGsm / RCdma + 4G than buying 16 VoLTE phones (outta which 10 will never use data).. VoLTE is NOT matured enough and from my personal experience its NOT stable-enough like a simple 2G voice call..

If Mukesh ji is smart enough, I think he will allow RCom users to use just the 850MHz 4G, leaving 1800MHz and 2300MHz for himself.. But still then, the total RCom load will affect the VoLTE performance of RJio for sure... Let us wait and see...

I was shared a screenshot - Jio is selling LG Spirit LTe at 5000 to their employees.

Cant attach it from phone!

yeah that's old news buddy. ^ seen that 2 weeks ago

List Volte smartphone..RJIOpost-84538-14534292959_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360FY using Tapatalk

As per today telugu news paper advertisement given by reliance digital LYF handsets are available in their stores

Most of the LYF handsets supports LTE on Band 5 apart from regular Band 3 and 40 support

Band 5 LTE will just change the equations between Reliance Vs AVOID

The ad was also there in Mumbai TOI, will go and check it out.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

On the website the phones are present. Starting from 14999. With specification it's a looser phone if the price is what mentioned on website.

^ which website?

Went to the store, there were two handsets available. He also told that jio will launch in May.

Dont know how much he is actually aware about it.