Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Jio - Pan India 4G / LTE network

I also went to the store. They didn't had the handset and told me that they will get in couple of days. He also told me that express mini stores are getting converted to jio centers and they will have further info. They have provided the spec sheet of all the handsets but pricing was not certain.

Price seems high. But MDA may launch hungama type offers like 2 phones for price of one, then it will be truly vfm, IMHO...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

@kanagadeepan, what I have understood that jio focus will be on quality and feature rich service and not Price. May have sparoidic schemes but that is only to onboard some customer

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't know how far this is true..

The company is likely to launch its Lyf smartphones in the first week of February in at least 13 cities, the report claims. Reliance Jio is said to offer company's SIM cards and up to 50GB of free bundled 4G data. The Reliance Jio SIM cards are also likely to offer up to 5,000 minutes of free bundled talk time on Reliance Jio network, and up to 5,000 free SMS messages.

Source

From today my iPhone 6 starts working on jio. Voice and calls also. To took carrier update

I got a UP west JIO sim. The network is patchy once you leave town areas. Speed varies between 2 mbps to 30 mbps depending on signal strength. Outgoing calls are hit and miss. At times calls do not get connected at all. Voice clarity is excellent. Problem is it would not latch on to signal if mobile network is selected to 2G/3G mode. The mobile number begins with 70170 in UP west.

• Like 2

@Himanshu Singh reason is RJio has only 2300MHz band 4G spectrum in UP(W) as well as in Punjab.. No band 3 (1800MHz) or band 5 (850MHz).. This is one of the reason its joining hands with RCom to get band 5 spectrum to improve coverage..

LYF handsets are now available on Reliance Digital Store for sale. It can also be purchased from ebay.

just had a hands-on experience of reliance jio at chennai with the lyf water 1 mobile. mobile is very similar to the iphone 6 with speaker grills near the usb chargin port.

speed of 4g was around 30-35 mbps in the city. havent tried it out in the suburbs. there was a problem with the volume on video calls as it was very low.

on the demo sim, they have offered a monthly data usage of 25gb free for 3 months. pplayed a few 4k videos from youtube. played absolutely fine without buffering even once.

but phone seems to definitely heat up if data is being used constantly.

Wrong thread so removed

Edited by digitalnirvana

just had a hands-on experience of reliance jio at chennai with the lyf water 1 mobile. mobile is very similar to the iphone 6 with speaker grills near the usb chargin port.

speed of 4g was around 30-35 mbps in the city. havent tried it out in the suburbs. there was a problem with the volume on video calls as it was very low.

on the demo sim, they have offered a monthly data usage of 25gb free for 3 months. pplayed a few 4k videos from youtube. played absolutely fine without buffering even once.

but phone seems to definitely heat up if data is being used constantly.

Bro how did you get the demo sim? Please guide me.I'm also in Chennai. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Pls pm me.

This mobile was my friends who got a jio sim from one of his friends who is working at reliance. Unfortunately, there is no more sims as even I'm Looking for one.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

http://www.owler.com/iaApp/article/56c97d75e4b075e7a648a295.htm?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sectorNews_WirelessTelecommunicationServices

Reliance chairman says the launch will happen in the second half of 2016;

Again a date change ...

Not sure what is taking them so long. Should have launched in phased manner

http://www.owler.com/iaApp/article/56c97d75e4b075e7a648a295.htm?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sectorNews_WirelessTelecommunicationServices

Again a date change ...

RJIO + Freedom251 ?

:pleasantry:

Again a date change ...

I think they won't launch before Dec 2016, Dhirubhai's birthday. I wonder haven't they breached the DoT rollout guidelines.

they are working for 2020 vision, so the launch will be in 2020.

• Like 2

I think Jio waiting for new auction for purchasing spectrum or for r-com conversion of 4g on LTE 850

Edited by Guru Gopal

Anyone got the new jio join app. my old app says it`ll work no more and asking me to download from ril.com website, for which i don have the username n password. pls someone upload the latest apk

Again a date change ...

I think they won't launch before Dec 2016, Dhirubhai's birthday. I wonder haven't they breached the DoT rollout guidelines.

Like always said:

Reliance Jio launch may be pushed to December

http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/reliance-jio-launch-may-be-pushed-to-december-116032300032_1.html

Let us hope, it's just 2016 December only and not 2017 or 2018...

I seriously doubt on their intention to launch. Airtel has launched in 15 circles using same 2300 mhz spectrum. Infact reliance jio was the first company to start testing and adopt LTE. There were two options available wimax and LTE. Reliance jio opted for LTE. Started testing also. I think they would sell to an international telecom company like AT&T, America Movil or MTN.

I seriously doubt on their intention to launch. Airtel has launched in 15 circles using same 2300 mhz spectrum. Infact reliance jio was the first company to start testing and adopt LTE. There were two options available wimax and LTE. Reliance jio opted for LTE. Started testing also. I think they would sell to an international telecom company like AT&T, America Movil or MTN.

I guess they are taking clue from RGSM Launch.

Whats the point of launching patchy network and ruining the brand name for once and all.

Airtel use 2300 only for Data. Voice either switches back to 2g or 3g.

it is difficult to get a pure VOLTE network. no other operator in the world gives that.

I would rather wait for 6-9 more month to get a seamless VOLTE network on 2300/1800/850 Mhz instead of latching on it today

• Like 1

Thanks finally a common sense reply that highlights the volte factor

Edit - And also the fact that 4g devices pricing is now low enough for mass market adoption which was not the case earlier

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Edited by digitalnirvana